Interviewed on Podcast and still collects tributes

I wish you success, i hope people start using this card when they read your works:
insonia
:wink:

1 Like

Also for the other writers out there, remember that inspiration takes many shapes and forms:

2 Likes

you were in independence day? xD

1 Like

@en9nhcet I wasn’t in Independence Day, but it does look like my hair. I made an oath I wouldn’t cut my hair until I finished the book. The audiobook comes January 8th voiced by the narrators who did the Enders Game series audiobooks. I also still need to get the hardcover out. So soon, the crazy hair will be gone.

2 Likes

Love the poem. Very cool. It’s fun like haiku.

1 Like

I just joined a new book site, that has a cool interface where you can hover over a book cover and it flips it over to a preview. Anyone else from GoW community on there?

My novel is in a competition for the best book cover. Vote for it, if you like it. The top 100 books go onto the next round.

3 Likes

Everyone can now vote again for my book cover in round two. As one of the top 100 covers, it moves on. The top 50 covers move onto round 3.

Thanks for all the people in GoW community that voted for the cover. It moved on to the second round. It peaked at #18, dropped to #28 and it’s back at #23 (102 votes).

2 Likes

Good luck!!

1 Like

With 108 votes, my book cover ended at #53. I probably could have asked my fans and friends to vote each round, but I didn’t expect to win against some authors with big fan bases. It was a bit fun though.

1 Like

My audiobook publisher has discounted my audiobook (narrated by Grammy-winning Stefan Rudnicki and award-winning Gabrielle De Cuir) on Downpour, Google Play, and Kobo until April 30th, as low as $5.95.

I’ll be lowering the ebook down to 99 cents tonight. I’m about to do my first ad campaign since before the book had good reviews, an award, and a top talent audiobook. If anyone frequents book sites, what sites should I try to advertise on? Tag me if you have any suggestions. I’m still a noob at marketing and have to figure all this stuff out by 4/20.

Today is exactly a year since I self-published the ebook. I’m still playing catch up.

https://www.downpour.com/the-internet-president-none-of-the-above?sp=283981

2 Likes

I put my ebook on sale for $0.99 and it just hit #59 on the Political Fiction list. That’s the best my book has ever done.

3 Likes

I ran my first ad campaign and while I’m still stuck at seven reviews I did just hit bestseller status for a moment. Going to savor this before I fall back down the rankings.

I woke up at 3am to sneak in some gems. This is a nice surprise.

2 Likes

I just got notified by email that The Internet President: None of the Above was a finalist in the Cross Genre category in the 13th Annual National Indie Excellence Awards. While the book didn’t win, it was an honor to be a finalist.

5 Likes

Congrats!! This is very NEATO-FRITO!!:grinning:

I got interviewed and they asked me about my home life. Of course, I had to mention Gems of War. It’s a big part of my life.

My book was recently rated 5 out of 5 stars by Thriller Magazine.

“Fans of political thrillers, conspiracy theories, or those looking for a satirical escape from the dreary news that we see every day will certainly enjoy The Internet President: None of the Above.”

There was also a hard-hitting Thriller Magazine interview that gave me a realization of the very thought that resulted in so many coincidences between my book’s plot and what happened during 2016.

“There was a moment, about a decade ago, where it seemed to me that Americans paid less attention to the two wars we waged in Afghanistan and Iraq than to Kim Kardashian and her reality TV show. As I watched the trend of celebrity worship and misplaced national priorities intensify, I knew that had to be a story element. That crucial decision is one of the reasons why several plot points of the story were almost prophetic. It’s easier to reflect the truth of our time with a dose of satire.”

5 Likes

Nice, congrats man. :+1:

1 Like

Another event from my book came true. It was my understanding that you couldn’t have low unemployment and low inflation together. That combination happens in my book and it’s an economic mystery the main characters have to solve.

Fifty years of data and the Phillips curve say it shouldn’t be possible. Apparently, it can happen and it’s happening now. It’s bizarre that the nerdiest subplot from my novel is less fictional than intended. Crazy!

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-07-12/fed-can-cut-rates-as-phillips-curve-jobs-inflation-trade-off-ends

I hope everyone will forgive me for quoting from my book:

“Unemployment and wages both dropped. More competition for fewer workers should raise wages, but it’s not happening. It doesn’t make sense.”

P.G. Sundling. The Internet President: None of the Above (Kindle Locations 3922-3923).

All the previous similarities to my book were about politics. I can’t believe some of the economics came true too.

1 Like

The Internet President: None of the Above was a finalist for another award. The book has won one award and this is now the second time the novel has been a finalist. It feels great to get recognition on my debut novel.

5 Likes

:smiley: ofc it’s a very neato-frito book! Glad others outside the group are noticing too !

2 Likes