[Bug] Omen of Traits triggering Enemies traits

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

Whenever your team’s troop triggers an Omen (like stone), it will trigger the enemies effects like barrier on brown (why is this still a thing) or attack debuffs from Lady Morana/Elemaugrim or getting status aliments from Magnus (Like triple death marked!)

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

This happens only against teams that have traits matching it. Getting a 4 or 5 match is normally good unless against any enemy which has a perk of it. Then it is very bad and nothing you can do about it.

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

Enter PvP (Quickest way)
Set up a team using a troop that has an Omen trait (Like Greed)
Find a team that has a Titan with Barrier on Brown or Magnus/Elemaugrim
Enter the battle
Hope for a 4 or 5 match before you can move
Watch the effects.

Hey Lissandra,

This is working as intended sorry!

The part that’s not working as intended is that the defending team should earn the Mana from the 4-5 Gem matches caused by Omen’s explosion but instead you receive it.

If you’d like to pass on feedback about this please do so in this section of the forum:

Cool… so that means if I enter a match and Greed triggers a ton of extra moves against an enemy Magnus then my team gets affected by tons of negative status aliments or their team gets tons of bonus positive aliments from Divinia?

I don’t think the Omen traits are all that good now…

Edit: When can we expect the ability to refund any troop with omen of as a trait? I rather not have my Greed give the enemy team all the mana they need to ruin me or have them drain 20 of my attack from 5 extra moves because of their elemaugrim. Those traits hurt a lot more than without them.

Update: If the opposing side is meant to get the mana from that side’s Omen troop, why is it that, in Raid, Zuul’goth gets mana because of Barghast? There is clearly a bug then since you did say the opponent’s (my team in this case) were meant to get mana.

If you are saying my Greed in Explore should give the enemies full mana then the enemies Greed should give my team full mana from enough matches before I move. Not the other way around. As it stands, it is not working as intended @Kafka

i think you misunderstood what kafka said
from what i have seen this is how the omen trait behaves
-you get the mana from your explosion
-the enemy gets the mana from their explosion
-you get the mana from the cascades after explosion, whether its yours or the enemys (this is the bug she mentioned)

regarding your initial report, idk what went wrong as i get my divinias trait triggered by enemys omen

didnt have time to test other traits tho

1 Like

That is what I’m talking about. The enemies Greed triggered your Divinia’s trait and not their own Divinia or Magnus’s trait. It is a major problem in PvP and a huge nerf to any omen troop.

Yet, Kafka is saying that any gem matches should all go to the enemy as well which wasn’t what I was meaning at all which throws far more confusion onto the situation.

From my experience the bug always works in favor of the players. offense team gets their traits triggered by cascaded 4 matches regardless of where the omen troop is
Ive never seen omen trigger enemys traits, but im happy to be proven otherwise