Tower of Doom Spreadsheet for Tracking Scrolls

With a new Tower of Doom starting soon, I’m launching a spreadsheet that every Guild can use to track Scrolls in Tower of Doom.

Based on the work I’ve done for my own Guilds, and refined over many iterations, the Google Sheets spreadsheet is the perfect tool for maximising your Guild’s co-operation within the Tower and getting the best Rewards for everyone.

Google Sheets lets you start typing the name of the Scroll, then hit Enter to select from a list. Then the formulas automatically construct code strings suitable for both Discord and in-game Guild Chat. Key scrolls are clearly highlighted in distinct colours, and counted. And the colouration of the Tower is clearly displayed just by changing a single cell. (There’s some sample Scrolls filled in at Floor 51.)

So click the link, create your own copy, read the (short) instructions, set up the permissions, share it with your Guild – and watch your Guild’s performance and Rewards shoot up!

I’m always open to feedback, especially if you find some good tweaks that everyone can benefit from.

Starlite

16 Likes

Thanks Starlite! Really nice and detailed; awesomely clear instructions on the first page for people new to ToD and spreadsheet/scouting processes.

I think the Scroll Totals table is a neat addition and should make it easier for guilds to track, share and discuss scroll distributions as was done in ToD Scroll Drop Rates, No heroism scroll in tower of doom - #73 by Dust_Angel and other threads.

sheets

1 Like

Taran has been inspired to create a web-page version at Taran’s World. (Click on “Tower of Doom Map” at Taran’s World.)

Note that the web version may have a different set of features to the spreadsheet, and that all data disappears some time after the end of the event.

It’s great to see multiple options for Guilds to choose from! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you Starlite and Taran! The web version of the spreadsheet looks to be extremely useful for our guild on PS4. Previously, we have been using Google Spreadsheets, but the PS4 browser is incompatible with the Google Sheets site. It literally crashes if you try viewing it within PS4. So a few of us have been taking screenshots and sharing them in our guild chat.

The web version should allow anyone with the link to view the map and be more efficient climbing the tower.

Again, thank you.

1 Like

It’s been a while, but some feedback has prompted me to make some minor changes to the Tower of Doom spreadsheet, including a few changes I should have made a long time ago.

The biggest change has been to the Chat Code strings:

1. Changed from 25 to 20 levels per string, so they should nearly always fit in the Chat character limit.
  2. Unmerged the Chat Code cells because the text wasn’t pasting properly into some programs. The downside is that you must now copy from the first column of the Chat Code.

For those who still use the spreadsheet version (rather than Taran’s more ephemeral web version), you should be able to update your template just by unmerging your Chat Code cells, then copying over J27:R44. You can also add bring in the text changes from the Intro sheet, but don’t paste over the grey cells (used for drop-downs), just in case.