Lyya's artwork!

Hi everyone,

I’m a hobbyist artist just getting my feet wet in digital painting. I’ve decided to finally take the plunge and put my art out there for people to see. (For now, the art will be Final Fantasy XIV-based, as that’s where my interests are, but that could change in the future.) For anyone interested, my Tumblr is: https://ashtender.tumblr.com/. For now there’s only one image, but I’ll be putting more up soon. This is a hard step for me, as I’m mostly technical by nature, and comfortable there; art is uncomfortable, but it’s a talent I want to cultivate. Any likes, reposts, or follows would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

Lyya

42 Likes

The pic, for those who just want to see it:

44 Likes

It’s really a big step for every artist to gather enough courage to post their first works, but i’m glad you are starting your journey. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow Lyya, if this is just a hobbie…Wow!!!

Your artwork is REALLY great! I mean that in every way.

Thank you so much for sharing and I look forward to seeing more.
Taran.

4 Likes

That is really good! Artistic talent took a very long detour around me when they were giving it out…

1 Like

Yes, just a hobby. That’s actually my very first digital painting. Lots to learn yet…

1 Like

I’m waiting for the GoW fanart with Mercy pwning some meta troop… :grin:

4 Likes

Oh yeah. Singlehandedly. If raiding taught me anything, it’s that you anger the healer at your peril.

2 Likes

Amazing job @Lyya! I am also tackling digital art this year, I can aprpeciate how hard it is. You are very talented! Can’t wait to see more!

4 Likes

Great stuff @lyya

2 Likes

If that’s ‘getting your feet wet’, you are an artist. No qualifiers. Keep doing that.

3 Likes

I am now following you on Tumblr.

1 Like

Terrific stuff. When you’re feeling comfortable with it, I want to offer you a commission. And not for free.

4 Likes

Added a miqo’te (catgirl) pic:

35 Likes

Another GREAT job!!! This is really fun seeing your artwork.

Thanks so much for sharing with us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I marry her?

1 Like

This is in response to your blog post on Tumblr. I followed your link, viewed your work and your words. I wanted to respond. Wow! No need to be self deprecating at all. You are an artist, and a talented one at that. Very vivid colors that pop, and grab your attention. Every detail is sharp and crisp. You can tell that you love these characters, and put a lot of effort and love into them. Kudos to you, and thank you for sharing your art with the world. I am always happy and encouraged, to see someone pursuing their passion. It is too easy to let self doubt, rob you of the joy gained, developing and displaying your gifts. I can’t wait to see what comes next. I did subscribe to your Tumblr account. I expect to see more great work based on what you have already shared. Thank you.

5 Likes

I’m not done with this one (I want to ink and color it), but I’ll post it here anyway. This is an elezen (elf), for a friend of mine.

EDIT: Hah, chose a bad day to post this!

16 Likes

I love it! All over elves. You’re amazing!

2 Likes

Finished that last piece. I managed to screw everything up several times in the process and had to adjust my approach…ugh.

21 Likes