Is it OK to use Discord Game Overlay chat or is it a bannable offense?

Hi awryan,

This feature is a function from Discord that you can use in several games, including GoW. Did you have the opportunity to see the link that I posted above?

I am not sure myself of the legality of it, so that’s why I am asking. I just learned of it by reading a post about requested features:

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/linking-guild-chat-to-discord/55105

When doing a search on Discord about such feature, I found out that indeed it was possible to do the same in GoW as you can do with other games. This only facilitates communication between players and between players and devs, since you can connect to any Discord server.

Does it help you with the game? Yes, it certanly does as the exchange of information on chat helps you out.

I am not making a case for exceptions, looking for any exceptions or arguing against banning. I am in favor of the improved system and banning cheaters.

I use Discord a lot and switch screens back and forth between the game and Discord. I just discovered this feature and I am curious if it is legal to use it, since it’s from a company that is not making something to hack or cheat on games. Does that sounds like an exception? ugh…

It would just be cool to make use of it.

3 Likes