Guild member inactivity marker not showing [NOT A BUG]

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

• checked, either no one else has this problem or it isn’t a problem, just my misunderstanding of the patch notes

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:

• iPad Air 2 iOS 12.1.1, also Samsung tablet Android OS - latest.

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

• the first time a member of our guild was inactive for 21 days, they were marked by the game as such. Now we have 3 members inactive for 21-24 days and the game hasn’t marked any as inactive.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

• first time it happened correctly was in week 1 after the 4.2 update. We saw it in week 2 but wanted to give the game time to react. Today (beginning of week 3) so far none of the inactive members have been marked as inactive. Seems consistent in it’s not doing anything, at least.

Steps to make it happen again

• doesn’t really apply here. No matter how often we restart the game there’s no marker.

Question: does the game track the hero being played in the game, or the email address given when the game is started? We’re wondering if a player is not being marked as inactive because there is activity w. a different hero/game, but same email address?

Perhaps they’re logging in, but not completing any battles?

3 Likes

ok, I think you have the answer. The member is inactive by the guild’s definition, but not by the games. Our mistake was in confusing the two. I’ll check the other inactive members, but that seems to be it. Thanks for the suggestion, it helped a lot!

1 Like

Np! :relaxed:

At this stage we consider inactive players ones who have not opened the game for 21 days.

I normally wouldn’t mention this in public but as you already did in your report, I think that’s permission for me to do so too:
Today you should have 1 member with the inactive icon.
Please check it and let me know if you can see it.

thank you for replying and don’t worry about privacy, this might be something that other guild managers might be interested in. Yes, we noticed today that there is one member w. the inactivity icon. I checked our records and that member has not logged in since Dec 11th, so has been inactive for exactly 21 days. Now that we know how the game defines inactivity, we are updating our guild reqs.

1 Like

How can you tell when the last time a player logged in? Is there a way to look this up?

from https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000633815-Guild-and-Hero-profiles

Hero Profiles give an overview of someone’s game stats and progress. View a player’s profile by selecting their name anywhere it appears in the game, such as the Guild Roster, the in-game chat or on any Leaderboard.

The Hero Profile has 3 sections:

Overall

This section shows the player’s most used Troop, the number of Troops they own, their Home Kingdom and the number of Kingdoms they have unlocked. It also shows the Guild Shield, the name of their Guild, the Title they hold in their Guild, how long they’ve been in their Guild and when and where they were last sighted in Krystara.

But the last seen stats are just an indicator of the last time the hero fought I believe and not when they last logged in. I’m asking because I have the same issue as the original poster where there are members of my guild who were ‘last seen’ as many as 50 days ago but are still not showing as inactive. Is it because they are logging in and not fighting? Is it a glitch? Is there a way to tell?

they can log in, collect any rewards available and not fight at all.

As Kafka stated above, players will only be marked inactive if they not login for 21 days.
So as long as they login in during that time, even if they do not fight at all, they are still counted as “active” by the game.

That’s what I thought. But isaro said something about checking records to see the last time a guild member had logged in and so I was wondering if there was a way to tell when guild members log in. Because the people in question haven’t collected any seals either. Wouldn’t you collect seals if you log in? It just seems a bit odd to me.

Just the daily seals (19 per day max) that auto collect everytime you get the rewards.

1 Like

A player can choose which emails to collect, and opt not to get the email with the seals, which indeed is weird.

2 Likes

Cottsin, the records I was referring to are the daily stats that I record each evening for my guild. I’m afraid there’s nothing available that I know of thru the game.

1 Like

Thanks isaro. I think I just discovered a way to do this easily myself just a couple of days ago. :slight_smile: Now I understand better.