(Solved) Getting Guild Guardians That I Had Used An Orb Of Ascension on, Despite Already Having 4 Mythic Copies

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Platform, device version and operating system
PC Steam version

Screenshot or image

!

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I think that the code that checks whether you have 4 mythic copies of a guardian card in your collection is broken in how it checks for guild guardians that have had an orb of ascension used on them. The first screenshot is of my collection before I opened 20 guild cards. The second and third screenshots are of the troops that I got with the 2 packs of 10 guild cards. The final screenshot is of the updated collection after the 2 packs of 10 were opened. As you can see, I got 2 copies of both Sacrifice and Honor, even though I had more of 4 of them in my collection.

I am not sure if this is a flaw in the code that doesn’t recognize that an orb of ascension was used, as I used an orb of ascension on Sacrifice, Honor, and Loyalty, or if the system first has to give me 4 after it becomes mythic, or what, but one way or the other, I am getting troops that I should not be getting.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This happened to me twice today on the morning of April 21st, 2018, once that caught me off guard, and then again when I did it to get the screenshots for proof.

Steps to make it happen again
As far as I know at this time, it will happen to me every time I use seals to open guild chests. I will keep an eye on it every time, now, to see if it continues to happen.

You will get all guardian cards until you have 4 mythic copies of each card.

6 Likes

Ah, got it. I thought each one was counted separately. Thank you!

1 Like

I can see how that would be confusing! Marking solved :slight_smile:

I don’t remember if this is mentioned anywhere in the game text, or if people only discover it second- (third-, or fourth-)hand from others who know. If the game files say it somewhere, they need to be re-examined for wording and clarity. This is obviously a common point of confusion amongst the player base.

1 Like