Game lags when accessing Troops and other menus (Fixed in 4.2)

Yes, they can reproduce it, fortunately! They are still digging a bit at this stage, I’ll get back to you guys soon to see if we have anymore information.

At this point, we may have discovered the cause of the issue but it also seems there are a few other problems at play here.

@Ricky76 What iOS device are you using?
@Xandestria And what is your Android device/model?

Also, sorry that Question 5 was a bit confusing - to be clear, this is not the same as question 2 (how long was the game open for). This is more about the frequency in which the lag occurs. For example, if I am playing on Android the lag may happen 4 times on average in an hour.

Thanks all! :heart:

I hope you guys don’t wait till 3.6 to release a fix for this. I’m getting sick of having to restart every half hour. Please do a 3.5.5

1 Like

My device is a Samsung Galaxy J7 and Android OS 11.1.1. The lag was really bad yesterday and started as soon as I started playing… happened probably 7-10x per hour. Sorry on my delayed response.

1 Like

Im worried it wont be patched until 3.7 :scream:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience with this issue. Upon further investigation the development team has discovered that there’s a few causes to this problem.
Firstly, the team has made some changes to improve the way the game was accessing data when loading the Troops menu which caused some large loading or “lag” times. This should cut the loading time by half, if not more. You will see these changes in the next update.
Secondly, it’s thought that the majority of the lag is caused by an issue with the version of Unity that the game is coded in. Unfortunately, this means the problem is predominantly out of our hands until we can receive a fix for the version of Unity we are using. There is no time-frame for the fix at this stage. I’m really sorry to tell you, but at the team is unable to do anything else to alleviate the problem until the fix. In the mean-time, you can try:

• Closing the game at least once or twice every hour
• If you haven’t already, ensure your account is linked (PC/Mobile) and try reinstalling.

Although these workarounds won’t fix the issue, they may ease the problem a little.

Thanks for sticking with us.

7 Likes

@Cyrup thank you for a detailed update. As annoying as it is, it’s reassuring that the issues have now been identified so that it can be fixed asap :+1:

1 Like

Just curious why the lag didn’t effect the devs in their office while they played and tested?

They didn’t had to exchange teams, since they were all using “Ishbaala Divines”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi

I’m using an Apple IPad Mini 64G, version 11.2.6 (15D100), model ME278B/A

Once the freezing slowness starts it doesn’t go away unless I turn the iPad off and put it back on.

Regards.

Any updates Cyrup?
If not, a simple ‘No 10 chars.’ will suffice.

1. Android/ mobile Level:1122
  2. Ich spiele meist 1-2 Stunden und es fängt so ungefähr ab 10 min an zu hängen sobald ich Truppen Info oder PvP kämpfe anfange.
    3.Geschwindigkeit 4x
    4.ganze Zeit durchgehend
    5.nix

Sorry, I was typing a response and forgot to send. This! Basically what I said last time; there are some minor improvements that will go in with 4.0 but otherwise no new updates from Unity on the core issue. I am sorry.

That mean we will need to reboot console every 30 minute for another 2-3 months.

There are some improvements to the issue when accessing menus that will go into the game with the next update, 4.0.

Otherwise, this fix is out of our hands regarding an exact ETA. Depending on the severity of your issue you may not need to reboot the console, only restart the game.

1 Like
  • xbox one, around 400
  • Playing for 2 - 3 hours at a time, usually I start playing and just jump in with little breaks for tea in the process etc.
  • Opening troops menu. First time - it freezes, next I can open troops menu multiple times without issues. Same goes for going back to map from long session in pvp (10+ fights). Same thing when going back to the map from explore (20+ fights)
  • 4x
  • Every day now, each time I play longer as stated above.
  • Sugar is a poison lol :slight_smile: That money would be better spent on souls/traitstones etc :wink:
1 Like

Nope, 4.0 didn’t help out at all at least on Xbox. So all the lag is Unity game engine fault?

@UKresistance, further fixes are coming with 4.1 to help mitigate this issue. You have posted about this in several places, and we have commented before. We are doing what we can to fix this, and we understand your frustration, but there is nothing more we can say or do at this time.

5 Likes

OK, so how much has this been resolved in 4.1? We were told great improvements in 4.0 also.

And I posted twice, not several. My first post was closed.

Continuing the discussion from Unity still causes unreasonable lag that Unity is unable to fix so Still NOT solved:

The fix in 4.1 is reduced lag when opening the Troops menu.

Regarding the continuation of this discussion, to clarify, I don’t think there’s anything else we can say.

The issue is caused by the game pulling information when accessing certain menus and performing other standard tasks. This is different depending on the account and can be worsened with more active players or players with huge quantities of Troops/resources, so the improvements may not have had a large impact on you. As this is an issue with the way Unity works the team has taken measures to improve to the problem to the extent that they can.

8 Likes