[More info needed] PvP defense teams change randomly

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

• I can’t find anything relating specifically, but I could have missed something. If so, sincere apologies for wasting your time.

Platform, device version and operating system:

• iPad Air 2, iOS 12.1.4
  • iPad Pro, iOS 12.1.4

Screenshot or image:
- N/A

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

• once I put my PvP defense team in place, I expect it not to change unless I deliberately do so. Instead the game randomly (or so it seems) changes my team to one that exists but has nothing to do w. defense, or for some reason to my Daily Task team (the contents of which change every day, but the team slot position never does).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

• it’s totally random but it’s been happening for a v. long time. It’s just beginning to make me curious, which is why I’m reporting it now.

• it keeps happening on both devices, but it’s so random that it seems to go for weeks w/out the problem, then changes the PvP defense team on me.

• game mode either doesn’t matter, or it does but since it happens randomly I have no idea what I was doing last time it happened. The only way I know that it’s happening at all is when my defense team starts losing more often than it should. When I check, yep, the team has been changed again.

Steps to make it happen again

• just wait. Eventually it’ll happen again. Other than that, I have no idea what’s making it happen. Wish I knew so I can stop doing it!

Steps to make it stop? I stopped reordering my teams quite a while back, but it has never changed anything.

Happened quite some times to me too but only when i quickly gone there (pvp tab i mean) changed team and exited, it was going back to previous one, now everytime i change def i also make a quick “test defense team” and since then never happened again.

2 Likes

thanks for replying so quickly! I’ve done what you did also, but unfortunately nothing has changed. I do try to test the team every so often, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. As far as I can tell. Randomly occuring bugs are a pain to fix, aren’t they.

Here’s to hoping it doesn’t give away a potentially important secret team :-0

at this point I wouldn’t care if it did, I would just really like it to go away! lol

1 Like

This is what I do too, when I change defence team click on test defence, you can then retreat straight out of the match (or play it if you want to).

thanks for the suggestion but I already do that. Unfortunately it keeps happening even after I do a test and fight the defense team. I’m beginning to think it’s just a feature of my game & I’ll just learn to live w. it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@isaro

This is exactly what has been happening to me. It just changes to some random team in my troops list. For the past few days it’s been ok.

well, with any luck one of the devs will be able to free up some time to talk to us about it.

Hey sorry for the delayed reply.

This issue should be fixed in the next update (4.3)

thank you, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Thank you @isaro for posting this issue ( i thought I was the only one experiencing it) and thank you @Kafka for a soon fix!

I don’t seem able to change my defence troops in PvP. Been sitting with the same defence team now for two/three months, lol. I have tried the above, by selecting a new team and clicking on the Test button, only to find my old team staring across the screen at its mirror image - does not make for an exciting fight :stuck_out_tongue: Not a big issue, just a little niggle as I can’t select a defence team in line with the weekly events as I would like to do.

Forgot to add - I play the game on my laptop

:thinking:

1. Does this happen every time you try to change your defence team? Are you still having this problem?
  2. How are you selecting the new defence team exactly? Explain it to me step by step like I don’t even know which buttons you’re clicking please.
  3. Did you notice any lag or connection issues or other errors around the time this happens?
  4. Had you been in the PVP menu long before changing your Defence team?

Hi Kafka :slight_smile: It has happened for the last three months or so which finally prompted me to ask for help in the forum. But as Murphy’s law goes, I tried to change my team again the beginning of the Sin of Maraj event and low and behold, it changed! I didn’t notice any lag or other issues when I tried to change the team previously and unfortunately I have no recollection of how long I have been in the PvP menu each time I tried to change my defence team. I will keep an eye on the matter and report back if it should happen again, but at the moment I have a smiley face as I got to change my defence team at last again the beginning of this week. Thank you for coming back to me on this issue. It is nice to know there are people out there that listen and care. You are definitely more than just vaguely helpful :ok_hand: :100:

1 Like