Fix the quests so I can read them and enjoy (Fixed)

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

You posted the bug report template without editing it to say what the problem is.

1 Like

We all know the problem is “all of the text looked like [THIS_ERROR]”.

You can find the transcript of the quest here: Urskaya - Kingdoms - Gems of War Database

Scroll to the bottom, look at Sentinel Training, and pretend it’s in the game. For the first several months after a new feature releases, you usually have to go look elsewhere to see what [THE_LOOSE_TRANSLATION_KEYS] mean. It’s a feature since 2017.

1 Like

I’ve been playing for a couple of years and have never run into this “feature” before lol. Guess it’s not an easy fix if its been there that long.

Yeah whoops for clarity:

The part where I said we all know what it is was directed at Amadan, though what they said is true. The bug report template is a template. It asks you to answer several questions, and shows you some examples of how to do it. You didn’t answer any questions, you only typed a title. This is a little more clear on the Zendesk site that has an actual form for you to fill out, but whether or not you’re supposed to post a bug there is complicated. Usually “no”.

Anyway, yes, this is a common problem, I’m not really sure why it’s so persistent and consistent.

Bug Report template without actually describing the problem itself? Are you trolling?
You can always edit your post and make a proper bug report.

If you won’t make one, you’re possibly in violation of the Community Guidelines.

I’m guessing you’re an Xbox player, if so this issue will be fixed in the next update:
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000745396-Text-is-missing-on-Xbox-and-appears-in-brackets-or-code

If this is not your issue please fill out the bug report template so I can help you.

1 Like

On Xbox, changing the language, deleting the save/cache, or deleting / reinstalling the game fixes NOTHING. New hero weapon even still says TBD as it’s spell.

Great…I am glad they are getting it handled. Thanks.

This should be resolved, please restart your game to see the fix

All the important stuff is fixed :grinning: However in Shop → Specials several items have missing text, such as [xbox_desc_witheringtouch_bundle] which has been broke for a few months.

1 Like

Thanks @UKresistance I’ll mention this to the team to see if we can solve this sooner rather than later.

Worst case scenario is that the text issues should be fixed in 4.3!

1 Like