Developer Q&A (20th August)

The botting would be out of control.

Bots can already do that.

Also, it can already be done with any PC controller that has mouse pad capabilities.

1 Like

It’s also likely that our stream will run longer. There won’t be a firm cut off point at an hour like in the past, so they won’t have to rush. :slight_smile: It could do anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours. If Sirrian and Nimhain are having fun the open ended question section may even be extended.

5 Likes

Looking forward to another Q&A. :ok_hand: I hope we get some news about when we will get a new Mythic weapon available in the Soulforge. I also want a Dinosaur/10.000BC kingdom one day. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yass that would be great Dinos

1 Like

Bring the sleeping bags to the office on Monday. I expect to be read a bed time story by Mama Nim and Papa Sirrian.

2 Likes

I can actually imagine something like that involving time travel with our hero stopping himself and friends from cause the dinosaurs’ extinction. Like, he goes into the past and ends up doing something really stupid, or simply standing by and watching people do it (you know, the usual), coming back to the present he decides to travel back again (good excuse to face the Legendary troop of this kingdom a second time) and this time he prevents the cataclysmic event allowing the dinosaurs to still exist in the present days.

Or maybe he just does something that allows some dinos to survive in an island or something.

2 Likes

Yup, it would. It would be cool to see all the classics of dinosaurs in one and same kingdom, and see how the beautiful artwork would made them come to live. I made a pretty blue’ish Stegosaurus in the ‘JW: Evolution’ the other day. Little did I know how pretty it would be, beforehand…

1 Like

Yup, would be a cool story bounded around that Tesla from Adana found a way with genetic machines/mechanic fossil researchers to create beasts/dinosaurs from millions years ago. And Tesla used one of the big islands for the experiments. :slight_smile: Possibly a too similar story to Jurassic Park - But hey - It still works - It always works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, when you add magic into the mix all things are possible because wizards are careless:

3 Likes

Tesla don’t need to use magic tho.:wink:

1 Like

I have a question, when will you start fighting cheats and bots in the game?

Last time during the open questions, there wasn’t many questions…
I think you should get some questions so if this happens again you can ask them better than waiting for good questions during the stream.

1 Like

I have a question about Woodchucks and their wood chucking habits.

My point was that simple keystroke macro programs (which are so prevalent and embedded into many legit softwares that you could not start banning people for having them installed) would be usable. 505 would have to just give up on catching botters at that point.

That would actually be so relaxing, in a really weird way. :heart_eyes_cat:

@Viet the team and support are already catching bots and preventing cheating and hacking. This process is fairly silent and we don’t announce progress or make call outs on players so you likely won’t hear anything on it.

1 Like

Hello team, these are the rough talking points that Sirrian and Nimhain will be covering.

• Why the Underworld?

• Will we continue to do new Kingdoms as well as Factions?

• Can you talk a bit about Delves? Are there troop restrictions?

• Are factions exactly like kingdoms? If not, what’s the difference?

• Is there anything different about Underworld Troops?

• What happens when the Underworld is full?

• Will Underworld have more Pets?

• What happens with weapons in the Underworld?

• Are you planning on updating Guilds soon? How?

• Why did you change the map graphics?

Remember to tune in on Sunday night at 6 30 PM PDT for our Q and A!

15 Likes

Despite having done a fair bit of beta-testing, I have no idea what this question refers to.

New way to craft weapons? One can only hope :crossed_fingers:

I hope their spells get reversed. I really want to see gems implode.

1 Like