Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Well, here is proof that daily ingots drop legendary ingots. It’s the first one that I’ve seen so far.

10 Likes

I’ve only had 1 so far and that was a week or so ago, no mythic yet.

1 Like

Highest I got was an epic which honestly is the best random drop there is due to how scarce they are…

(Still can’t beat level 300 faction hall team… Gave up on it…)

3 Likes

Hall of Guardians Delve 500 team:
hero Titan (stun, duststorm, barrier, enraged, fortitude)
weapon Mountain Crusher (duststorm)
Alchemist, Scorpius, Euryali
Guardian banner +2yl +1br

This team is based on poisoned instant kill, so avoid immunity to poison (sturdy, fortitude, impervious). You can stun some sturdy troops, but the dwarven fortress is unbeatable. Bulette is beatable with a bit of luck. Luck is all you need :wink:

11 Likes

Nice team build, Pilsken!

You team will also work in Sea of Sorrow Faction, as Euryali is a Blue troop. Thanks for sharing! :grinning:

1 Like

Welp, the game still had one last trick up its sleeve, in the form of The Guarded Chamber’s Ancient Golem!

Yep, his spell went through barriers and kill Dawnbringer in one hit, I still won it, but with only lonely Alchemist left. That costed me one extra attempt I could use to try Faction team.

Luckily, next round everying is alright. This is the last move before winning at Level 500. Enraged buffed Maw hitting Hunter’s-Marked troop is enough to kill 800+ stats troop in one Wrath’s spell cast!

With maxing score in first two requirements, and Faction team win at Level 300, it also give me this! :grinning:

It’s time to give some color to my avatar next!

4 Likes

Where did the Hunter’s Mark come from?

Archer Class’ Talents. Cunning Tree’s Hunt is just a side benefits. I pick Archer because of Forest Tree’s Root Trap. My Maw is safer that way.

4 Likes

Not to mention hunter’s mark is very great against them due to the fact they ALL have some skull reduction to begin with. Nice job though, gave up at 300 delve attempt here (How did you even do it?)

1 Like

Yeah, hunter’s mark make their stoneskin traits pretty much useless. But with overbuffed Maw, it doesn’t need, but do make everything quicker.

Hall of Guardian’s Faction team is similar to Mang team in Raid, it’s all about managing skulls. Just cast Ethereal Sentry on Silent Sentinel a few time, and you’re ready to smash everything.

Except the boss room, your Silent Sentinel are meant to die, so buff itself on second slot instead. With Arcane Golem’s stun, you don’t even need your Gargoyle most of the time, but it does help a lot to take out their stunned Gargoyle quickly.

1 Like

What is a reasonably fast team to use in the early stages of All-Seeing Eye? Later on there is the strategy of Dragon’s Eye+Arachnean Weaver. Is that pretty quick before level 150-200 as well?

As an alternative, I am considering a team based on Tesla+Weaver:

Trident banner
Mountain Crusher
Giant Spider
Tesla
Arachnean Weaver

Thoughts? This doesn’t have the survivability of teams with Sylvanimora, but I am hoping the increased true damage from Tesla will speed things along.

The one I used is MC Tesla Aurora Mab. Aurora gives a hell of a lot of survivability and Mab stops MC / Aurora from giving them the board. You really only need Tesla on damage.

For anyone without Aurora… I used this team from Avathar:

MC-titan (duststorm, barrier, lightning strike, fortitude) / Tesla / Weaver /Sylvanimora [entangled] Kraken banner (blackhawk)

For the faction event, I changed to Dragon’s Eye around level 100.

Some pointless stats: it took 4,200 shards for me to make the Legendary troop from Sea of Sorrow to Mythic. At this point, I was short 3 Epics and 36 Rares. It took 8,200 shards to finally get the Rare into a Mythic.

This was my most interesting 200 shard pull.

1 Gold Ring
1 Priest’s Chalice
1 King’s Crown
1 Genie’s Lamp
1 Sacred Treasure
1 Mershark
1 Hammerclaw
1 Sea Witch
2 The Deep King

My troops after being made Mythic:
3 Mershark
27 Hammerclaw
8 Sea Witch (3 after removing 5 from the Tier 6 shop purchases)
9 The Deep King

4 Likes

I was excited to use the event to bring Sea to 300 or 500 over the weekend. But it looks like such a great farming faction that I think I’ll leave it at level 20 and start leveling up my old farming faction, Crypt Keepers.

Here’s a room level comparison, ignoring entrance and exit:

Sea: 1 V, 3 IV, 1 III, 2 II

Crypt: 1 V, 1 IV, 3 III, 1 II, 1 I

In comparison, Sea upgrades one I to a II and two III to IV.

1 Like

So what teams are everyone doing?

For me, I’m currently using Gorgotha, Anu’s Scepter, Undine and Xathenos. It has a summoner in terms of Xathenos, a tank with Gorgotha, some mana generation and Undine just seems very strong against the boss team and dwarves.

For someone not advancing Sea of Sorrow atm, on my alt with a smaller collection I’ve been using Flammifer, Tesla, Tai Pan, Soothsayer (Meteor Banner).

A note to all (and I’ll be mentioning this in this Tips and Tricks thread as well: Tips and Tricks - #28 by Clark) - you can maximise your points in any Faction Event by tackling rooms with the highest multipliers first. As you get 200 x multiplier points per room (and 400 x for a boss room), the quicker you can increase your multiplier, the better. I do it the other way around for regular Delves to try to get an extra Runic Traitstone from the higher rarity rooms (although really I don’t think it matters THAT much).

EDIT: I’ve been notified that this advice will probably only be valid until 4.1, as per Changes to Faction Events).

EDIT 2: Advice is still valid!!! :relaxed: you’re all welcome :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

my best 200 shard pull ever

14 Likes

Thank you @TimeKnight for the optimizing hoard thread. It may help players figure out the best ways to maximize and use treasures efficiently. :ok_hand:

I’ll add it here as well. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Just finished Delve 100 with the faction team. Not excited about this…

The Deep King doesn’t function like Infernus. It can’t hit the same target twice.

Yeah, that’s about it. I almost lost. It was not great.

It’s a high damage team, but not very defensive despite having defensive troops.

1 Like