Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Baby step. :grin:

No idea why it got to give me Tangled Path room though…

More steps forward…

Beat it on first try as well. It started to getting quite hard now, as I barely managed to keep them all alive until last room. Have to take a risk to kill their Dargon quickly, so my Dargon is killed in the process.

It was all some careful move then, to buffed everyone attack before my 2nd Dargon is dead. Shaman and Setauri are good, but could be unnecessarily risky. I like Chief Dargon’s row-exploding better than Silent Sentinel’s column exploding one, as you can actually plan a garanteed skull match around it.

I think I gonna need a few tries for beating it at Level 200. It’s surely possible, but one bad cascade can easily ended your game. The fact that you have to do it 5 times also doesn’t help.

1 Like

Beat 200 with Chief Dargon, Chief Dargon, Shaman of Set, Horned Asp (Ocularen Banner)

A high % of time I casted Chief Dargon, skulls spawned in for the AI to hit me with, even if I opted to only destroy 2 rows. (its been that kind of weekend again, not as bad as The Warrens weekend, but plenty of skulls from the top)

In that case, I needed a safe way to pass my turn without making a move so I opted to use Horned Asp.

Strategy is to buff once/twice and just bleed the enemy team to death. When the enemy team has 4 troops, it doesn’t really matter, but when its down to 2-3 troops, then you need to keep the pressure of bleed for 10 TD per turn. (Bleed stacks, but the entire stack cleanses at once which isn’t ideal. You have to reapply constantly to prevent reset)

It works, but the last room is still a free-for-all so just buff as many times as you can before the AI cheapshots you and bleed/skull before their Horned Asp (Setauri random skulls) can kill you.

I don’t have high hopes for 300… or 500 for that matter.

5 Likes

That is the total across all 2-3 troops, right? Or does Bleed stack up to 10x on a troop?

Bleeds stack
1 bleed does 1 true damage per turn
2 bleeds do 3 true damage per turn
3 bleeds do 6 true damage per turn
4 bleeds do 10 true damage per turn

2 Likes

Oh, so that is what “stacks” means. I assumed it simply meant you could apply it multiple times for one true damage per application. Is there anywhere in-game where this is described, or only in the game guides?

In the 4.2 patch note

Not sure if you can see the description in game

1 Like

By saying “do it 5 times”, I mean 5 difference room in one Level. Coincidentally, I also have to do it 5 times, by using daily Delve Scrolls, to actually beat Faction team at Level 200!

I never even consider using Horned Asp, as I don’t think its damage will be strong enough, untill I read how @TheIdleOne do it. As he said, it’s great to cast him when you don’t want to mess with the board, or when Chief Dargon is buffed enough to one-shot everything. That small damage instead of repeatly casting to hope to skulls to align, can add up a lot to make winning easier.

I got Lava Crack / Slither Pit / Dragon Hatchery in the middle. Scale Guard’s double spell damage and Bone Naga’s Infernal Armor are quite deadly, so I lost my 1st Chief Dargon there.

1 Like

The issue is that having a second Dargon doesn’t add a huge amount of functionality other than a bit more random bleeding and “insurance” against losing the first. Beyond that … you can’t stick him in the back because that’s useless, so he ends up in second place blocking red - and if things go well you’ll basically never cast him. Whereas Asp can soak up otherwise-useless purple and so on.

As always my small contribution :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s basically the 2nd and 3rd Lady Morana for Crypt Keepers in a nutshell.

However, more applications of bleed gives it a better chance of staying on longer. I’d use 3 Chiefs if it wasn’t so dang suicidal to cast Dargon or Shaman of Set sometimes.

1 Like

Some good tips here but like the rest of you, I find the high level faction team attempts extremely frustrating. Just when you look like you’re gaining the upper hand, a cascade wrecks the attempt and suddenly the mana you need is nowhere to be found. The board manipulates you into traps which frequently bring about your demise. I haven’t really bothered to boost my hordes beyond 100 because the resources needed are gargantuan and shards and treasure cards are limited. Not really sure what the devs are trying to achieve by lengthening each delve faction that appears. It’s only a matter of time before we get a nine fight straight path with bulette cedric dust devils and the horrific new troop standing in line along the way. Warrens is probably the worst to date but I suspect worse is to come. Cue exit of more players.

Another suggestion for the upcoming faction (Dark Pits): Titan + Yasmine’s Pride / Yao Guai / Forest Troll / Stonehammer under Urskaya banner. Just tested it in All-Seeing Eye (level 500), and it works good.

What is Stonehammer’s role there, all the way at the back? Does his spell generate extra turns reliably enough to be worth casting?

Well, no. You may it replace with Megavore really. I like Stonehammer for stunning.

Other ideas for that fourth slot:

• Suna (covers purple, accepts green overflow, and adds additional life steal)
  • Famine (covers yellow, accepts green overflow, and adds mana drain)
  • The Possessed King (for mana generation and board-cycling to set up Yao Guai)
  • Finley (covers yellow, accepts green overflow, and helps keep your top troop safe by getting rid of skulls)

(Note: I don’t know what the new faction’s colors are, so I can’t pick troops for that. This was more theorycrafting for All-Seeing Eye.)

Brown and Green, another Apo/Irongut delve.

2 Likes

Or Yasmine’s Pride + Yao + Ketras + … not sure, lots of things fit…

Imo the new delve without cleanse is kinda suicidal with all the curse/deathmark/other status effects those pesky rats put (ofc talking about later lvls at start you can make the team blindfolded and everything work), seen the wrong use of “them” in almost all the cards am not sure if Hex rat actually death mark whole team tho.

I am gonna use Sentinel with his Ursine shield, Apo, Gard and Tpk (with trident banner to fill apo fast and often), tried it on lvl 500 fang moor and had np get a perfect run (on the x2 rock worms room TPK sweated a bit but the ursine shield kept him safe).

1 Like

Whoever thought it would be “fun” to stack the delves with troops that rearrange or transform your team… may the fleas from a thousand camels infest your undergarments.

10 Likes

Cleared 200 with the rats. Second try. First try gave me a pretty bad room.

I used their lineup, which looks like this:

I picked the straight path, so the legendary room - Webspinner room. I kept all my troops until the boss room, which killed off three of mine. No “lucky deathmarks” for either side.

There’s no reason this will be feasible in higher levels without fishing for deathmark kills, I probably won’t be doing it again.

8 Likes