Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Did they fix dragon eye?

Edit: i confirm it’s fixed RIP dragon eye :frowning:

1 Like

Could you be more clear about what “fix” Dragon Eye means?

There’s like 8 different ways that weapon could work. Which one did it change to?

What is your magic stat when you equip Dragon’s Eye?

not quite entirely free, You are sort of forgetting about RNG. I personally fell short of Stage 8 by 615 points playing perfect, with 0 Val Ravens lost. I think I had 2 Val Ravens total, with 2 FR Rooms.

Still 30 gems is too expansive for ANOTHER 2 Orbs of NON-Ascension.

Your time sink remarks were right on point.

2 Likes

Mainly a time sink, I lost a Valraven at the boss which was fun… As for the orbs of chaos, as long as it isn’t growth, I’m fine with it. Wisdom is good for shortcutting traits and Clans is decent. Ascension is arguably the best yet the most difficult to get. All in all, if you got double growth… I pity you.

Sorry for being unclear, just state that it’s possible to finish at Delve Level 80, but it’s quite unlikely. The averge Level would be 100, but still, that depending on your luck with Valravans. My prediction is based on possibility, not a inevitable outcome.

So it’s usually 90 gems or lower in All Seeing Eye, 0 gem if you are lucky at other Factions.

So… I changed my class to Bard too fast to make screenshot. Lol.

The team I was using the whole event this week is Freya/Frostmage-Dawnbringer/Skadi/Old Man Oakroot. It’s quite great with 240+ damage start-up for Dawnbringer and keep getting higher with everyone’s spell cast. So I quite like Dawnbringer in Delve now, which lead to other teambuild for Level 300 in actual Underworld.

1. Gelatinous Cube/Bard-Dawnbringer/Ubastet/Slyvanimora
    Playing with Cube’s 50% devour chance on entangled troops. Don’t like it that much, as you don’t even get attack boost, just life+armor. Yasmine’s chosen also work here, just more risky of losing Cube to skulls.

2. Gelatinous Cube/Bard-Dawnbringer/Arachnaean Weaver/Ubastet
    Webbed troops are better to be devoured, but too much mana need make it too slow.

3. The Great Maw/Bard-Dawnbringer/Ubastet/Scorpius
    More reliable devour and many boost to go around. Still got mana problem, and no skull-creator troop.

4. The Great Maw/Alchemist/Bard-Dawnbringer/Wrath
    The current one I’m using. Alchemist is great at getting Maw to cast faster. At boss room, if you’re able to devour Gargoyle first before it cast, or already survived it once by mass-barrier, you are very likely to win. Wrath is also great with mass-enrage to deal with their skull-reduction trait, and looping himself.

1 Like

So far, so good. All luck with getting ravens.

Well, it was free. :laughing:

Edit.

Then I was really lucky with 1st tier purchase

2 Likes

I got 27k points (out of 22k needed) without spending. I think having a whole nine rooms per delve helps…

2 Likes

Yep, my Maw team is pretty great. It’s risky sometimes, but when it works, nothing can stop it.

Boss room is a lot easier when Gargoyle get devoured on first turn!

I might use the same team in upcoming Faction. Or classic Maw+Mercy combo.

3 Likes

I really hit a brick wall for All Seeing Eyes lvl 400.
Looking for team suggestions.

1 Like

Normal or faction team? If the former i used eye/apothecary/weaver/sylvanimora to breeze through all seeing eye while clearing every room. Lost only once because dust devil and bullete messed up my team. I think this is jzg’s team

Really? I’m sorry to be septical, but I don’t see that team beating 400 unless you hoard is way over 100.

Yes that’s from jzg.

Jzg: I am at level 210 in HoG and 170 in ASE Forest troll / apo / dragon’s eye / sylvinamora
Jzg: dragon’s eye / apo / weaver / sylvanimora  B:brown blue -prp  
	Noob also used to 500. 
Timeknight: Silvermaiden / yao / yasmine’s pride / megavore	red/brn/prp
Timeknight: Lord Ironbeard/Yao Guai/Archer-Yasmine’s Pride/Megavore on all 10 (+2) level. He make fighting in first/boss rooms such a cakewalk!
Avathar: To l200  MC-titan (duststorm, barrier, lightning strike, fortitude) / Tesla / Weaver /Sylvanimora [entangled] Kraken banner (blackhawk)

I used Avathar’s team above to low-mid 200s, today switched to a modified version of jzg’s dragon eye / sylvanimora team.

Dragon’s eye / deep borer / hyndla / sylvanimora
B:blackhawk brown&blue-purple

No mythic needed, for any mid gamers out there. I do have the jzg team but like this one for now. Hyndla can easily kill the baby dragon, unlike the weaver who only reaches the bottom two enemies and sylvanimora who doesn’t do enough damage late in each delve.

At least that’s my experience with weaver and syl in Hall. I don’t have ubastet so in Hall use dragon eye / divinia / weaver / syl. Deep borer in Eye is a fun change from the weaver in Hall.

Oh and with the titan (in Eye) if you match enough 4 of a kinds hyndla makes dragon eye clear half the screen like marilith, but with the dragon transform too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Titan class and entangle make sure you dont die from random skull. Apothecary can feed eye. Spam eye and then weaver when appropriate. That team makes all seeing eye a piece of cake. Battles were pretty fast too
My hoard is at 100

I’ll try.
Currently once they start casting, all they do is chain cast on green extra turn removing brown for the eye.
Don’t have Weaver to reduce damage, will try another Web option.

Keep in mind titan can clear the board pretty well. Most of the time i started rolling before they could do anything

In case youre still in doubt

5 Likes

Gotcha, missing the expode gems on match trait.

Sea of Sorrow talk:

I’ve upgraded my prospects on completing the faction delve 500 battle from “insanely impossible” to a better “possible but not pleasant.” Think along the lines of can I win the lottery with Lady Anariel? + any major misses might mean I get demolished by the AI faction lol. Rough estimate is that you need enough stats to complete the non-boss fight stages of Delve 500 consistently and/or survive 1 hit from the Legendary. (not much you can do if it Infernus splashes the same troop you need alive though. Under best case scenarios, you might need less treasure than Crypt Keepers due to the Legendary’s +9 life trait.

1 Like

Got 3 more tried today at level 340-360, and successful in all of them, not a single troop lost!

It should work all the way to Level 500 as well, in all Brown Factions. As it’s a devour tactic, so The Great Maw will scale directly with enemies’ stats. But the higher you are, the more risk you would lose your Maw in enemies’ single skulls match, so you have to be extremely careful.

The hardest room would be Bulette’s room, as Rock Spirit will be the only one devour-able, and shifting position will mess things up a lot. Consider using other teams or lose intentionally if you’re forced to fight it, and try again next round.

Guarded Chamber is also risky, as you will have to deal with many summons, and Ancient Golem will remove Barrier before attacking you. Also, look at the troops you want to devour thoroughly before casting. I already cast at Impervious troops twice! :rofl:

As for the difficulty, I was wrong that every Levels are farmable. Higher levels are too risky, not worth a scroll when you lose, and you could still ended up with Delve Chest Level 5-6 in the end anyway.

Here is my difficultly rating for each Delve level. (Based on Hoard level 100 and maximum stats from Overworld)

• Level 20-40 - Normal Explore - fast battle, perfect for quick farming.
  • Level 40-100 - Casual PvP - still quite easy. Farm-able at reasonable rate.
  • Level 100-200 - Ranked PvP - a bit harder a and require more attention. A great checkpoint for doing Faction team challange. More time-consuming farming.
  • Level 200-300 - Raid/Invasion - Quiet hard, but still managable with the right team. Farming all room might become too hard now, and require a lot of time.
  • Level 300-500 - Unique Delve Difficultly - hard as it can be. Using a cheesy tactic is almost a requirement. Farming here is not recommended, doing only required 3 rooms will be troublesome enough.
5 Likes

Well, my hat to you sir, thanks for the advices.

3 runs today, not even a lost troop.
I even went and did extra rooms on third run.
Should get my IPod this weekend.

Even easier I bet when my Titan reaches 70 (64 at the moment)

Used Titan, Alchemist, Sylva, Hyndla.

3 Likes