Delve Adventures

DELVE ADVENTURES 7 (because Delve Event Send Help Plz)

Team ‘All-Seeing Eye’: Forest Troll/Loyalty/Yasmine’s Chosen/Queen Aurora
Team ‘Hall of Guardians’: Gorgotha/Infernus/Worldbreaker/Ubastet

Delve Event!

Loyalty: Ugh wait, we have to do this on top of the three daily delves?!
Aurora: Well, we start low, though. Should be fast in the beginning.
Yasmine: At least I think this is the only event ever happening to us, right? I mean, hopefully no one else will ever be stupid enough to raise their delve level like us, so since we are at 70, might as well participate this time. Ugh I am so tired of these delves… and of course we have to get the creepy tentacle eyeballs! Everything about this is so wrong!
Infernus: Says the one who has her vines around enemies in every way possible!
Yasmine: W-what!? How dare you!? What are you implying, you–!
Loyaly: -drags Yasmine off- Come on, he’s just grumpy because he has to sit around! Don’t let him get to you!
Luther: BRING HOME ALL THE THINGS FOR THE HOARD!

-After Delve Event Level 20-
Loyalty: We got a Valraven already! Now we have four more runs?!
Yasmine: Ugh…
Aurora: But hey, five minutes and 68 shards, not bad.
-After Delve Event Level 30-
Aurora: Another Valraven!
Yasmine: I don’t want to do this anymore!
-After Delve Event Level 40-
Troll: Getting harder.
Yasmine: I’m so sick of this already and we have so much left to do.
Aurora: Also takes longer and longer.
-After Delve Event Level 50-
Yasmine: I need a break!
Loyalty: Me too! Hey boys, you go and do the dailies, okay? But hurry up, this is more important because of the rewards.
Worldbreaker: Well then, off we go!

-Hall of Guardians Level 70-
Gorgotha: You know what, let’s see what happens if we just rush straight for the boss.
Ubastet: Ugh, really? Well fine. And you know what, let’s just start a delve but not finish and enter the girls and their…pet… into another as well and then the attempts are gone.
Infernus: Well, if we don’t get to blow up anything, though, then let’s at least open all the chests with the shards the girls earned.
Worldbreaker: Heh, I like that idea… especially since there’s 6900 gold in this chest and nothing else.

-Ten minutes later-
Loyalty: You guys are back already?
Infernus: Yeah, just did a quick tour today and didn’t use the attempts fully. But we opened some chests!
Aurora: Hey! We earned those shards!
Gorgotha: And to stop you from yelling, we upgraded your hoard once and ours once as well. So it’ll be faster for you now.
Luther: YAAAAAAY!
Yasmine: …I suppose that’s acceptable. Though I had really wished for a longer break.
Troll: Troll go in again…
-After Delve Event Level 60-
Yasmine: Let’s just hurry up. I don’t care anymore if we lose, I just want out of here! I have a headache!
Loyalty: We have so many attempts left that we would also clear level 80 and raise our actual level.
Aurora: Shall we stop then? The rewards are really, really nice, though, and easy to get.
Yasmine: …You know what? There’s a new faction coming soon. And the boys are the ones running the daily attempts anyway, right? Let’s… let’s just do this. It will be the last time we are doing this! Let us make this our swansong! We don’t have to care anymore!
Ubastet: What happened to wanting to stop? But hey, go ahead.
Troll: Troll bad at singing, though…

-Delve Event Level 70-
Yasmine: -suddenly stops- Hey… something else just occured to me. If we lose, our Delve level does not rise.
Aurora: That… is actually true.
Troll: Or we just leav–
Yasmine: Hahaha! That means we cannot truly lose! If we clear, we get more rewards! If we lose, the levels stays! We have won either way! We can fully stop caring and not even check rooms before going in! Let’s just rush!
Loyalty: …Uhm…that’s kinda…crazy?
Aurora: Also there are Dust Devils ahead.
Yasmine: Why care? We have won!
Troll: Yasmine scary…
-Five minutes later-
Loyalty: -from inside- Guuuuuys?!
Infernus: Yes?
Loyalty: -from inside- Yasmine kinda snapped, any help?
Ubastet: Huh, she… snapped? Mental breakdown from overworking?
Gorgotha: -looks in- …Uh…

Yasmine: -from inside- Yes, come at me! I shall slay you all and return you to the earth! Thus is the way of the dryads! Hahaha!
Worldbreaker: Did she just clear that room without letting the Goblins have a single turn?!
Infernus: And now she walks on like she owns the place…
Worldbreaker: That’s…actually really cool. That’s how a mythic should be!
-After Delve Event Level 70-
Yasmine: We brought destruction! Let’s go again!
Infernus: Uh, you okay there?
Yasmine: We have almost reached the second-to-last reward! We shall continue!
Aurora: I am worried about you…
Worldbreaker: Nothing wrong with destruction!
-After Delve Event Level 80-
Yasmine: Look at that! Only one event reward left and we are on the leaderboard!
Loyalty: I cannot believe you running around like crazy without thinking is actually working out…
Troll: Troll on Leaderboard?! Also why we not just run aw–
Yasmine: In we go!
Gorgotha: …You’re out of attempts.
Yasmine: To the shop!
Everyone: -stares-
Aurora: We never buy from the shop! Waste of gems!
Yasmine: We will get this orb! It is the only event we shall ever do and we cannot lose! Our swansong, remember?!
Ubastet: Losing gems counts… also it will just be another useless orb of clans anyway.
Yasmine: -already bought the tier- In we go!

-Delve Event Level 90-
Troll: Uggh…
Loyalty: -faints-
Yasmine: We are winning!
Aurora: Troll and Loyalty just fainted in the first battle! It’s just the two of us now!? You are crazy! We are not winning; if you want the orb we need to win the battles!
Yasmine: Let’s continue then and find more fools to return to the earth of the forest!
-Outside-
Worldbreaker: -dragged Troll and Loyalty out- Dang, Yasmine is actually awesome! She just cleared two more rooms just with Aurora. Isn’t even going for the boss directly or anything, but doing the full clear.
Loyalty: Someone needs to knock her out…ow… she’s gone crazy.
Ubastet: I really wanted her to be more chill, but this is pretty wrong.
Worldbreaker: Honestly I think it’s cool. …Do you think she might want to go for a drink after this is over?
Ubastet: Wha-- what the heck, dude?! While it’s important to find a girl who can murder everyone in a second, it’s also important that this does not potentially include you! And if she also spares your friends, then she is a keeper - but not like that! That’s also why no one ever dates the chicks from Karakoth!
Worldbreaker: Alright, alright…
Loyalty: If you ever get a girlfriend, Ubastet, maybe just don’t introduce me to her.
Infernus: Your friend in there is right now murdering everyone as well.
Loyalty:
Aurora: -from inside- Hey guuuuuuys! Yasmine just fainted! I think I have an issue…

Gorgotha: -glances in- And that’s the first wipe. Can’t really believe it’s them and not us, given how much we always suck at the boss…

-Ten minutes later-
Yasmine: -gets up- Let’s go in again!
Aurora: I had hoped you would have snapped out of it! Dangit, let’s stop!
Troll: Why we not run?! Listen to Troll! We not lose! Just stop at boss!
Everyone:
Aurora: You are smart, Troll!
Troll: Yaaaay!
Yasmine: …Very well! Then let us bring destruction again that way! - just runs in-
Ubastet: She’ll just continue to run through without looking, won’t she?

-Three Delves ended before the boss later-
Yasmine: Behold, an Orb of Wisdom! And another Valraven slain! But we have fallen on the leaderboard to rank 90 and were close to the tier with the weapon, so I bought them and–
Loyalty: I just checked the leaderboard! We are not at rank 90! That’s the Delve Level, not our rank, you moron! You’re totally out of it! I’m not doing five more runs with you!
Yasmine: We shall–
Luther: -knocks Yasmine out with a rock- YOU SHALL REST AND UPGRADE YOUR HOARD TOMORROW!
Everyone:
Gorgotha: Did you just… well, that’s likely for the best. But shouldn’t you, of all guys, be all for getting more shards?
Luther: BETTER THIS WAY! I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CRAZY PEOPLE! ALSO THIS HALL IS KARAKOTHS! MAKES PEOPLE CRAZY!
Infernus: Oh right, you travelled with the hero and that nutcase from that place, didn’t you? So you knocked them out a lot like that?
Luther: NO. JUST MYSELF.
Aurora: That explains a few things about you… but fair enough. -lets Loyalty load Yasmine on her back- We’ll take her back to the forest. Hopefully she’ll be back to normal tomorrow.
Troll: Poor Yasmine need sleep. Just like Troll…
Worldbreaker: -watches them go- It’s a good thing we didn’t tell them that we signed them up for a Delve tomorrow, I guess… though I kinda hope that she stays this way; she’s really kinda–
Ubastet: … -knocks Worldbreaker out as well- All the crazies today.
Luther: I KNOW, RIGHT?
Infernus: We leave the last one awake?
Gorgotha: Hm.
Luther: ?

So I got home with a horrible migraine yesterday at 11pm and then saw the event. At 2am I was still not done and just totally…zoned out, despite just having wanted to stop before. Only when looking at the leaderbord after I had done all attempts and was at level 80 did it occur to me that I could have just dang left, especially since I don’t have a hoard upgrade giving extra chest levels yet. But of course I was too dumb to realize that.

Also yeah, I really read the leaderboard wrong. I was so, so tired and dumb and just in a total trance.

That said, having started the daily delves but not finished them and therefore having done five today, which again took an hour, I must say I am getting severe burnout and this feels like a big chore. I can only hope that with not leveling the next faction and it being faster, things get better again. In the end, I’m obviously still struggling with understanding the absolute basic mechanics, lol.

Also, given my two teams, the Hall of Guardian one is struggling a LOT more. I’ve almost-died several times at the boss, with only one troop with very little HP remaining. And I did upgrade my hoard two more times for the place now. Exploders just get pretty risky at high levels, offering the enemy too many 4-matches.

And I’m also super-tired now, given how I played until 3:30am last night and ugggh why did I even do that and spent those darn gems? I ended the event with five unused sigils because I bought the stupid weapon I will never use anyway but that murder zone despite being only half awake… gosh.:see_no_evil:

Overall, I found the event really, really generous with rewards, given how far one can get with just Valravens. And now having learned that I will at least be able to participate in the next one simply by running away at level 20, even if that means less rewards, is actually really nice. Still, just letting us select our delve levels completely freely or having the event not influence the actual normal delve levels would be even nicer.

Also delves feel like a chore at high levels, but the game obviously wants you to get to high levels. This is… somehow not good. I don’t like it when something in a game feels like it’s a chore you have to do to progress every day.

Last note: I got with today’s delves enough shards to open 40 chests. Got four hoard upgrades total now, as well as finally all troops from Hall of Guardian. About darn time, that legendary just hated me.

ALSO TOO MUCH TEXT SELF PLZ WRITE LESS THIS TOOK TWO HOURS
Not proofreading this right now, sorry. Need a break, will check for bad grammar and typos later.
But yeah, also thank you for still liking these silly things here!:hugs:

15 Likes