Community Guidelines

Please be aware that I have updated the community guidelines. I recommend re-familiarising yourself with the existing guidelines as well. :slight_smile:

There has been a huge clean up and re-work of our Community Guidelines. Please re-familiarise yourself with the new guidelines in the first post of this thread.

Tldr;
Don’t be a douche.

George Carlin would be proud.

Is there a way to find out how long a ban is? Apparently my first time offence is longer than 24 hours…

Any rules against making false allegations and doctoring those photos to support their claim?
If not… There should be. :grinning:

i flatly deny that comment… unless you have video evidence then i plead insanity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:

Sneaky cheeky update. It goes without saying, but sometimes you still gotta say something.

Can we consider adding “intentionally spreading misinformation” to the list, please? It’s starting to become a problem in the past few months.

Misunderstanding information by mistake is perfectly okay, but knowingly do it to cause argument like a troll is not. In my opinion at least anyway.

I think this is a good idea!

So we can’t have stupidity also being branded as against the guidelines? Now that’s a shame.

We have an update to our Community Guidelines! Please read what it is below, and if necessary, re-familiarise yourself with our pre-existing rules.

The PG-13 Line

Sometimes there are things that are said which don’t clearly violate out pre-existing guidelines. However, there are instances where while something may not technically break a rule, it is still harmful, inappropriate or best not mentioned in polite company.

This is where the PG-13 line comes in. We want you to have fun and be able to express yourself, but if we feel that something significantly crosses this line, you may be banned. A good way to frame this is by thinking about the following:

• Am I posting this for shock value? If so, probably best not to post it.
  • Am I trying to goad someone into an argument? If so, maybe don’t.
  • Am I comfortable with my children reading this? If not, don’t post the thing. (And if it’s very inappropriate and you would, maybe re-evaluate some of your choices. :P)

Sort of like for people who have nothing relevant or useful to say and just hang around throwing rocks?

No OT tonight.”

We have another update, adventurers! Please read our amended rule below.

No Rage Quitting the Game Threads

Unfortunately, these threads do nothing to further the conversation or discussion found in these forums. If you have feedback, there are feedback threads waiting for you input. We welcome all feedback, whether positive or negative, as long as you remain civil.

If you are leaving the game and wish to say goodbye, thank your guildies and farewell your friends, you are welcome to do so. Thank you for playing our game and being a part of our community! We will miss you, but also wish you the best of luck in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

What was changed to the rule?

I guess you can post happy quit / take a break thread? :thinking:

Pretty much! Our old rule was no leaving the game threads, but some people do want to genuinely thank everyone that they played with. We have loosened this rule a little to allow these sorts of posts in the future.

Maybe this is odd… but I rather disagree with this, on reflection… surely players that have been angered enough to leave the game deserve some means to share and explain that… if it’s rude or breaching other rules, then shut it down… but banning a window for dissenting views seems wrong: these threads, done appropriately, can highlight issues and feedback the devs could do well to pay attention to, and so might further the conversation

I do not believe they do so in a productive way. We have many threads in which to leave us feedback, that we frequently observe and reply too. They are welcome to explain their reasoning there, instead of creating angry threads that often prove to be incendiary.