Changing Classes

With the 3 new events, particularly Raid and Invasion, I think it’s time you guys took another look at how long it takes before we can change between classes. Not everybody uses their hero, but for some people, it’s still their best troop. I know that it was knocked down to once every 24 hours, except when you unlock a new class, which gives you a free switch.

I know that you don’t want us to be able to swap literally at will, but what about implementing a battle victory count similar to that which unlocks the classes unique weapon? Maybe every 50 or 100 victories, whatever you deem appropriate, we earn a free switch. I know it might seem like an odd number, but maybe 24 or 48 or how each victory knocks down the cooldown by an hour, or by half an hour. It gives those of us that grind the ability to use our hero in one way, let’s say pvp, but then want to change and use it another way, let’s say GW, Raid, Invasion, Bounty, and then another way, if we use it for grinding/farming.

12 Likes

That would be cool. Even if there was some kind of prorated system, or maybe offer an alternative payment currency. 50 gems is pretty steep for what feels like an arbitrary thing to most people, especially now that there are new gem sinks in raid/invasion.

4 Likes

For sure, especially when you consider than, in addition to buying gem chests and event chests, you also need those gems for the raid shop, invasion shop, and possibly the bounty shop…Even paying in glory wouldn’t be too bag, like you are losing some prestige by changing away from what the “people” expect from you.

1 Like

Here’s a recent topic similar to your request.

Yeah, I saw that one, but wanted to give them some suggestions in the opening post of a thread instead of just asking for it to become 100% free to change at will, lol.

1 Like

Go for it, and I’ll promote both of them👍! Good luck! It never hurts to ask.

1 Like

Yup, never hurts to try, and worst thing that can happen is that nothing changes.

1 Like

Hey guys, we’ve spoken about this in the past. There are some issues with how the changing class fee was programmed which is why we haven’t looked into it in more depth recently. However, I will pass this feedback on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You did speak about this in the past. But a LOT of things have changed since then. And the requests for a new implementation have never really stopped. So it’s a bit disheartening to know that this is not something you’ve been actively working to fix sooner rather than later.

Not trying to be rude, I just don’t know understand why it requires several different threads for this to finally show up on your radar again?

3 Likes

I can certainly understand the problem with the programming, which is part of why I wonder if it would be easier to just change it to a different type of currency, glory for example.

Thanks for responding either way!

~LD

1 Like

I would prefer seals, then I can imagine the class change music from awakening.

I could certainly go with seals as well. Heck, pretty much anything but gems and diamonds would work for me. Gold would technically work, but would have to be a fairly high number in my opinion, to make the cost somewhere between trivial and overpriced. Though that number naturally changes depending on the player in question.

1 Like

We had bigger bugs that were affecting gameplay that required our attention. Game breaking bugs and future content releases take precedence over requests like these.

2 Likes

That certainly makes sense to me. I just wanted to mention it since the new events definitely seem to be putting more emphasis on the hero, which I do like. It just makes it a bit harder to do multiple things in the same day with the hero when they all require a different class.

~LD

1 Like

At least this discussion is polite or else it would be class warfare!

5 Likes

That was… amazing @KYLENATOR001!!! I am giggling at my desk.

1 Like

LMAO, it’s my first thread started, so taking it easy, lol. Gotta make a good first impression before I pull out the big guns!

1 Like

So you’re telling me in the last two years, you haven’t had a break from game-breaking bugs or future content releases? I understand you’re busy, but this is something that should have been on your radar to fix for a LONG time.

Absolutely, yes…

1 Like

This is deliberate on the part of Devs. This was an early attempt to drain Gems. The Legendary tasks nerf, the new Event shops, etc… these are all ongoing attempts to shift the game to a P2W model. Will be interesting to see if this actually works of if it “kills” the game, but I doubt devs will do much to address these issues/concerns until it is clear the P2W model is not working. Might be too late “buy” then.

NowayJoe2Go