[REPORTED] Can't "Skip" Animation for Collecting Campaign Stars

Platform, device version and operating system: Steam and Android

Screenshot or image:
DaringValidKusimanse-size_restricted

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When you go to collect stars for a completed task, game shows a (disabled) skip button. You can’t click it to skip the animation for collecting stars.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time I went to collect stars but that’s only been twice, lol.

Steps to make it happen again
Complete a task and collect stars.

If the animation isn’t meant to be skipped, can the button just be removed? Feel free to move this to Game Feedback if that’s the case.

11 Likes

This is still a problem for week 2.

The button starts off as a clickable “Continue” button. Then it quickly turns into a grayed-out “Skip” button. If I hammer the Continue button before it grays out, I can skip the animation.

Edit: at least, that was the behavior in the beta.

Still broken for week 3.

Can we get an ETA on a fix? Pretty please?

Not a dev, but I can’t imagine this being fixable before the next version.

I figured the same, but I’d at least like to see a formal acknowledgement that 1) this is indeed a bug and not another “Explore clicks” slowdown; and 2) that there will be a fix, even if that means waiting for the next patch.

2 Likes

Could we please have an acknowledgement of what the proper behavior is supposed to be on this screen and if it’s going to be fixed?

3 Likes

This still bugs me. I don’t need to see this twice, I barely need to see it once!

2 Likes

On PS4 as well. Usually clicking on O (circle) you can by-pass animations but not this.

I concur, please fix.

2 Likes

Just checking in to make sure this is going to be fixed before the next Campaign starts next week, seeing as how the issue was first reported two and a half months ago :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not fixed.

I think that based on nearly 3 months of zero dev acknowledgement that we can officially assume that this is a “feature”, not a “bug”. It’s the next gameplay slowdown (as if having to go two menus deep to redeem a completed task in the first place wasn’t already insulting enough).

Think very carefully before you buy a pa$$. This is what you’re paying for.

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay team, I have let the devs knows about this and forget to check in here. My apologies.

1 Like

This has been going on since the start.

I included it in my QoL list, suggesting just speeding up the “claim stars” process. It really does look like the game is doing nothing after you click to claim. Then the Skip button is inaccessible (because it uses the delve chest level-up code).

3 Likes

Actually all these opening animations should be removed, they are very annoying.

1 Like

They could make it a toggle in the settings. Something like “Play painfully slow reward animations”. It’s a win/win, they don’t need to throw away the cool visual fluff that took so much time to develop, we get another another item to make the newbie guide even more valuable. :smirk:

1 Like

This must be one heck of a tricky bug to track down. Is there an update on where this is at? It was reported 6 months ago…

2 Likes

I’m sure they will have every excuse under the sun. Anything but they pulled everyone off supporting this game for pq3, which would be half of the truth, the other half is they don’t care.

1 Like

We will take another look at this when we can. Previously when we did we couldn’t because doing so caused another bug. Also, animations often cover server checks.

We will look into this again when we can.

3 Likes

Isn’t creating bugs by fixing a bug intentional? Job security and all. That’s what my team tells me anyway!

giphy-downsized

3 Likes

/me casts a spell to raise an undead thread

Still

Broken

After

Over

Three

Years!

Please

Report.

P.S.: @Voq: Would you edit the [Reported] out of the title, in case that confuses Bramble or whoever goes around here?