Campaign Guide and Tasks (Week 10 Updated)

no dungeon task, I’m happy. low expectations ftw

8 Likes

Campaign Week 8 Strategy

Make sure you save a Vault Key for S4, two Event Keys for B4, and both Adventure and Dungeon battles for B1, B2, B5, B6, B7, B10.

1. Summon 9 Troops (B1) using Elspeth. Dungeon battle is a good choice, with [6600,6629,6326,6326,3027]
  2. 4 wins with a Scythe (B2), either in the Dungeon or Karakoth explore (G1).
  3. Blighted Lands Explore at D8+ (B3). May be difficult for weaker players.
  4. Open 2 Event Chests (B4).
  5. 4 wins with a Blighted Lands team (B5) – use the Adventure Board.
  6. 4 wins with Abyssal Banner (B6) – Adventure Board or Karakoth explore.
  7. Earn 80 Souls from a battle (B7) – can’t be too weak a battle.
  8. Finish killing 66 Purple enemies (G1) in Karakoth Explore or Ranked PvP (S1) before taking on Gargantaur in the World Event (G2).
  9. Kill 9 Orcs (B8) – Grosh-Nak Explore or World Event, but finish G1 before facing Gargantaur.
  10. Craft 1 Purple Summoning Stone (B9).
  11. 4 wins with Diabolist Class (B10) can work with Red Storm in Skeleton Key team in Ranked PvP (S1).
  12. Win those 15 Ranked PvP battles (S1).
  13. Switch to Grosh-Nak Explore or World Event to kill 5 Gargantaurs (G2).
  14. Complete 3 Delves at L90+ (S2) – unless you get lucky (or buy more than Tier I), you’ll probably only get 1 of 3 from the Tuesday Faction Event. Weigh up whether it’s worth picking a 3-room Delve and doing high-level Daily Delves, waiting for the Tuesday event, spending extra on the event, or some combination of the above.
  15. Win 8 Battles in a single Arena run (S3) on Normal difficulty.
  16. Use 1 Vault Key (S4).

To help other people with some of the tasks, set a defence team like the following:
[6472,6777,6777,6777,3039] - as many Gargantaurs as you have, filled with Gor’Thrums, GBn banner.

2 Likes

All I can say is thank god for people putting Gargantaur on their pvp defense teams.

12 Likes

+1 to this. Fought a player who put three on his defense and a hero with the most basic purple wand.

2 Likes

All I can say about campaign tasks so far is “Thanks, I hate it.”

2 Likes

I really like the calm I feel at knowing I can complete all of the Campaign Tasks this week at the time of my choosing (maybe Delves aside, if someone was eager and used up their daily Sigils before getting to that one/without knowing), rather than being time-gated and having to reserve a small portion of my brain towards the micro-management of that.

A friendly reminder not to complete your Tasks too quickly, or the Devs will go back to time-gating!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I thought I was going to be in trouble with the delve portion because I just had 490 and 500 left on Tinkertown before it became “inefficient” to do another delve (as mine are all maxed).

Little did I know that I would actually be in trouble with the delve portion because my computer froze on the first room and inevitably counted the whole thing as a loss. *grumble*

2 Likes

Week 9 - Sin of Maraj

14 Likes

Campaign Week 9 Strategy

Make sure you save a Vault Key for B4, two Event Keys for B8, Dungeon battles for B7, and Mythstones for B3.

Daily Adventures might suit B10 (killing Red enemies) – looks like the tasks are from the wrong kingdoms, though. Otherwise, one of the tougher battles could be saved for a Soul grind (B5), while the easier ones would be good for G1/S2.

1. Do a Treasure Hunt with 60+ turns (B1) – search the forums for tips.
  2. Now work on matching 300 Red Gems (S1) using a class with Red Storm. Best options are probably Sunbird team or Phoenicia, or Skeleton Key team with Slayer (lots of Red gem matches from Egg Thief explosion). With Egg Thief, one or two PvP battles should be enough.
  3. Start Explore in Adana to kill 9 Mechs (B2), but set the difficulty to suit the team you’ve chosen for S1 (unless it’s done).
  4. Switch to a Sin of Maraj team for 22 wins (G1) with Doomsayer Class (S2) in Sin of Maraj low Difficulty Explore.
  5. Ideally, you’ll have enough Mythstones to get to the Mythic Boss battle and kill Queen of Sin (B3). If not, build them up in an easier Kingdom, then switch to Sin of Maraj.
  6. Use a Vault Key to kill a Treasure Gnome (B4).
  7. Once G1 and S2 are done, switch to a Tome weapon for 22 wins (G2).
  8. Use a Soul team to get 80 Souls (B5) – tougher Daily Adventures are perfect for this, as is Casual PvP.
  9. Optionally, complete 3 Delves at Level 100+ (S3) using Daily Sigils. If you wait for the Tuesday Faction Event, you will need to buy at least Tier II, and maybe Tier III to reach Level 120.
  10. Once the Delves are done, switch to Meteor Banner for 15 wins (S4) – works fine with Skeleton Key team in Ranked PvP.
  11. Explore Sin of Maraj once at D9+ (B6).
  12. Win your 3 Dungeon Battles (B7).
  13. Open 2 Event Chests (B8).
  14. Craft 1 Red Summoning Stone (B9).
  15. Kill 13 Red Enemies (B10) in Grosh-Nak or Pridelands, Casual PvP, or on Daily Adventures (if we get the right tasks).
  16. On Tuesday, if you chose to defer your Delve wins, remember to do them during the Faction Event (S3), following up with 15 Meteor Banner wins (S4).

To help other people with some of the tasks, set a defence team like the following:
[6701,6137,6137,6137,3053] - Queen of Sin and Goblin Rockets (they seem the least dangerous Red Mechs).

3 Likes

Another week without 6 Dungeon Battles (only 3 this time). Amazing

6 Likes

Thanks for this weekly post - it really is incredibly helpful!

2 Likes

Those tasks are not actually terrible.

… they’re clearly gearing up to drop some horrid mess on us next week that takes 4-5 days to clear.

5 Likes

My wild guess, for Gold task:
finish 6 treasure hunts with 60+ turns
win 9 dungeon battles
kill 6 Kurandaras

last one might be easy if they drop like crazy in next world event, but first two might be winners in contest of “most annoying task” :wink:

2 Likes

20200917_095545

1 Like

But if we are making guesses…

The things we have to pick from for Gold are:

Intrepid Explorer - Win 5 explore RUNS at difficulty 10 in Urskaya

Hunting {mythic troop} - Defeat {mythic troop} 5 times (Kurandara seems likely)

{Troop Type} Bane: Kill 44 {Troop Type} Enemies (likely Daemons to finish closing the portal that the Lore references)

Green Slayer: Kill 66 Green enemies

Banner Bearer - Win 22 Battles using the Bear Banner

Sentinel Hero: Win 22 Battles with Sentinel Class

Urskaya Champion: Win 22 Battles using an Urskaya Team

{Weapon Type} Master: Win 22 Battles using ANY {Weapon Type} Weapon (Shield maybe?)

Dominator: Win 22 Ranked PvP Battles

Forest Crystals: Match {500?} Green gems in any Battle

1 Like

Also don’t forget for Deep Delver in Silver tasks :wink: With lvl 110 Delves to do.

I’d put some gems and gamble it might be Hunting Kurandara and Daemon Bane for Gold.

I think they are two wise guesses there!

I"m waiting for the bronze task to use all of your gem keys and all your event keys. Oh, and also make 4 red summoning stones.

/sarcasm

1 Like

Some great logical anticipations above . My guess is the last hurdle will be spend $99.99 in the shop. Oh I forgot we dont talk money in this game, we never pay, its just a meaningless in game gem currency. So the task at the end will be spend 4000 gems - no worries- we dont care - we all get some worthless mythic at some er um exorbitant price - we don’t care - then we buy into the next ten week - and er um we go through the same process again - but its just gems - its just gems- it not connected to real in any way - is it ? oh shikes if it is - what the #*! have I been doing - month after month? Oh NO: There is no end to this now it has started , until the game collapses into the black hole of its own greed- I can only hope…

oKdjMdWXl9ys8

3 Likes