Win a Custom Gems of War XBox One!

I find it of exceeding low probably than not one single player that plays Gems of War (THE ONLY WAY TO ACTUALLY WIN) on the Xbox One and is on this forum or on the highly active Xbox main clubs didn’t revive even one of the many small consolation prize listed above. Or that no one even ever mention in Global chat.

I’ll try Major Nelson to see if I can discover if anything was done, although I doubt he will respond. But you never know.

@Saltypatra considering this was a contest using your Intellectual Property I would think you or @Sirrian might get a some response from Microsoft.

1 Like

Xbox was already contacted. I can try again next week but I don’t think we will get a different answer.

4 Likes

Quite interresting what did you write. Sound’s little bit ironic, but funny.
So apparently some player weren’t happy? Really? Well, you make a event for people to get a chance to win a present. But you write after in little detail it’s just for north america.
Sound’s like, for example, you make a concert with big star, but when people want to come, the security say to them to get out, because they dont have the good nationality.
If i have a have good memory, there is around 7.5 billion people in the world, and around 450 millions people in north america(include quebec and mexico). So normally there is a majority of people who play this game who are not from north america. But why waste time with them, there are just bunch of maggot who’s not from the great north america…
And the excuse, it’s because the legal law of the other country are difficult? Really? Didn’t know the other country are so different. Must be difficult to deal with France, Australia or Japan for example. They dont know freedom and probebly they dont use money, but baguette, koala or sushi for deal maybe…
But strangely for get money when people want buy bunddle, dont worry, legal problem disapear. We take your money from whereever you from… (and dont worry i know what im talking about, im VIP 4)
So be honest, it’s not because there is legal problem, but because you probebly from america and you dont give a … of other country.

So dont worry, i dont beg for key or gem or anything else, but please. Next time you make this kind of “funny” event, just write at the begin “we make this, but SORRY folk, it’s only for north america”. Will be less impolite to people from all the other country of the world to give a little apologize…
Or maybe better, make every month a event for all people (this month africa, next month europe, next month asia…)
Sure this time you will see less player unhappy…

1 Like

The devs are based in Australia, so I’m sure they would love to do contests that allow Australians to join among others. But it’s not usually that simple. In this case the Xbox contest was not run by the devs, it was run by Microsoft, who dictated where the contest was run. For the PS4 when they opened it to as many as possible, but international laws are not easy things to navigate. The sponsor for the PS4 competition was the publish (505 Games) so they probably dictated the locations. Having said that EU at least was eligible for the digital prizes for the PS4 one, which was more than can be said for the Microsoft one.

Also it’s not about world population, but more about player population. You’ll probably find that a large portion of the game’s players are in the US and North America, which is why the contests usually focus there.

In short, the devs do as much as they can to make things available to as many people as possible. But some places do get left out due to legal stuff.

3 Likes

Well… Explain like this, it’s more clear. i have to admit, i was wrong about thinking the “bad guy” was the dev. Problem is from microsoft… Got it.
So, about this point, im sorry.
But please, dont forget to write for next event something like this “Alright we do for this event that and this, but only for this country, because of some legal problem. Sorry for other people”
No missunderstand anymore. :wink:

Btw you and syrrian are truely good for diplomacy. First answer just make me more mad. But in one post, you make everything fine. Good job.

3 Likes

Such a shame that Microsoft has that kind of policy in effect. For all we know, the winners are related to their inner circle of friends and family. Disclosure my aft; Just follow the money if anyone cares to.

I anyone has a copy of the rules, I’ll gladly SASE the listed address so we can all get closure. :joy:
Old links don’t direct to them anymore.

@Saltypatra said she would look in to it so hopefully she doesn’t get the brush off from MS. But @Smuggler007 I share your skepticism, big time. The only way to enter and win was:

1. You actually signup on the website first
  2. Play Gems of War for at least 30 minutes (limit once per day per entry)
  3. ONLY play on the Xbox One would be counted.

I had dozens of entries when I last looked. And players like UK probably had a similar number. Its not like you could play Call of Duty on the PS4 and be eligible. This was a very limited contest, furthermore many players on Gems & the X1 could not participate due to their countries laws.

I know, if anyone won even the smallest of prizes from any of the active players Guilds they would have mentioned it. And they are the ones who would have dozens of entries…

I think I had around 30 entries. I didn’t even get a sorry you didn’t win notification.

Both my brother and I had over 36 entries each if I remember correctly. We signed on quick and there was a bug at the time which denied us another 5-6 entries. So yeah, I am skeptical. He is, too. That whole Live Rewards thing as far as we are concern is a fraud. Just meant to have Xbox One users to shell out dough to get those points. Sweepstakes be damn. Just a gimmick.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the tips for how to win a customs Gems of War. I’ll definitely try this.

You may have a difficult time winning: considering the fact that this ended last year and the odds they actually gave out any of the prizes is around zero.

1 Like

Lol so true we never saw any winner announcement

1 Like

The X Box One found a good home. :slight_smile:

However, as this was through Microsoft, we weren’t allowed to disclose the winner publicly for privacy reasons.

1 Like

Ummmm, might want to check the law on that. We have a legal right under US contest laws to request a list of major prize winners.

1 Like

This was the information I was given.

@UKresistance As the creators of the Gems of War consoles, we can confirm that we did ship the prize at the end of the contest. We enjoyed working with Gems of War and 505 Games to create something we hope the winner will cherish as much as we did before boxing it up! Gear up. Game on.

5 Likes

I know it’ll never be me, and I always hope it is a lucky forum winner. And now I feel bad that people had to reach out to you to join and post this. But there is a legal obligation since the contest was open to all US residents to release the name of contest winners. It is to prevent the type of fraud like the old Mcdonalds monopoly game.

Just curious where you’re getting your information?

We like to help where we can. As I had mentioned previously we were quite excited to work on this project, and have a great fondness for the Gems of War community, so don’t feel bad! On behalf of everyone at Elite Gaming Gear, thank you for the passion and dedication that all of you showed during the contest! It made us feel pretty special to be a part of it. Gear up. Game on.

1 Like