Will the developers ever fix the guild recruitment?

I agree with most of what you say.
I find the most broken part of the guild is ease of communication, no in game messaging you have to advertise here to get invite code to get a new member…its nuts.

Why is just anyone allowed to make a guild? It floods the system, let them prove they are going to play, first guild I joined the owner stopped playing before I joined I never once got a message from anyone I just joined some random guild and played until I found this forum.

No in game messaging between guild members is a joke…I play in a guild of 21 and I only have two members on my friend list, one was smart enough and rank enough to put his ID in activities and the other recruited me on this forum.

Its completely under thought .

The rewards for being in a guild are ok…my daily bonus is 80% my guild is active so the tasks are completed quickly so all good…being in a lesser guild was infuriating…out of 4 myself and another guy was doing everything and the owner and another guy were doing nothing…it made me look for this forum (the xbox one part) alot of other players wont go that extra step.

It needs a overhaul, no doubt.

[quote=“ra2shadow, post:4, topic:2381, full:true”]
I find the most broken part of the guild is ease of communication…[/quote]
This is definitely a problem as well, for exactly the reason you mention.

[quote=“ra2shadow, post:4, topic:2381, full:true”]
Why is just anyone allowed to make a guild? It floods the system…[/quote]
Couldn’t agree more…

Exactly! I was just talking to my friend about this. We are in the guild together and talking here together IRL about this exact thing.

…you know, if you take the amount of top guilds, multiply the number of players, voila, you’re going to get an approximate number of core players that log in at least once a day. That number is probably less than 1000 on the Xbox, without a doubt. It’s just my funny math for kicks, but honestly there are probably equal as many new players at any given moment that log in at least once a day and could become core players, however, for the reasons I’ve reiterated several times above…I don’t think the game mechanics will ever allow for this.

Definitely a lot of newer players would become core if the mechanics of the guild was better, such a small step such as in game communication would start the ball rolling as I understand the rework of the guild system would be huge amounts of work.

I love my guild I really do but a guild that communicates between itself so it is able to give hints and tips to new members and give credit where its due would temp me to move, games are a social experience as well now a days.

I agree think they should show available players in a list you can invite to join, like most games of this style

That’s an interesting suggestion, what other games do that?

Nonetheless, it’s kind of nuts the way it is. A head scratcher, indeed. And when you come on here, if you’re a beginner guild, forget it. You’re going to have every top guild trolling and squelching your guild mate requests. I don’t blame them, necessarily. After all, it is a game and their objective is to keep their spots full and active. The problem is that it creates like I said before, a massive player drain, consequently perpetuating the already existing disparity in guilds/players.

You can’t stop higher guilds from usurping the only forum members, that’s inevitable, nor should you. I’m never a fan of punishing existing players, especially those who have dedicated many hours and potentially money, or both. But it is kinda ridiculous :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what the solution is, hence the discussion…

We actually have quite an overhaul planned for Guilds (which should cover a lot of the stuff that’s been mentioned here), but not until 1.1.0 unfortunately. Hero improvement, friend-lists, and a better PvP system are higher on the priority list right now and all currently scheduled for 1.0.9

6 Likes

It is interesting that you mention both of these in one patch. Does this mean we will finally be able to challenge real people?

1 Like

The big game I can think of is “tyrant” which I play on my iPad. On there you see a random list of 20ish available players that are within the spec you search for, which you can then invite to your guild. Simplist answer I can think of if the player doesn’t want to join they ignore the request. But you get a new list each time to search/sign in

There is a way to type messages in a guild you go to activity page then go to bottom of screen where you can type a message to the page, trouble is if you have an active guild message gets pushed to the bottom quickly

Yes, that’s the plan!
Though like all plans, nothing is set in stone until we’ve implemented it.

We’re just being careful with the design that people don’t set up “farming teams” to power-level their friends (or themselves on alt accounts). But at the same time, we DO still want to give rewards for playing friends.

EDIT: Clarification… NO REAL TIME PVP PLANNED.
Sorry guys, I interpreted the question in a completely different way!
You can CHOOSE a friend to fight. but it will still be the AI controlling them

2 Likes

A complete rework of the system would potentially work, Im not able to invite my friends from live to the guild.
I need to ask them to play the game, look up the invite code, then invite…its a long way round.

Top ranking guild will always be able to cherry pick the most dedicated of players…those players like me want to be the best but to combat that why not stop showing the guild as one long list, having it sectioned off and a promotion system much like football (soccer for those not of Europe).
Having one long list that we cant even scroll correctly is just rubbish.

Being able to scout other guilds to see stats of players would be helpful to give you an idea of how you need to perform to stay competitive isnt a bad idea.
I kind of understand not using xbox live IDs as well but within your guild shouldn’t we be able to know?

COMMUNICATION is a must…even if its just PM between guild members only (to stop poaching) the message through the activities is rubbish…lower ranked in the guild cant even leave a message…its so bad its not even worth it.

A minimum rank to make a guild should also be in affect…joining random guild from the join page is just a farce, I did it, right in to an inactive guild I got up top 500 before I even seen no one was playing…I wasted over 600,000 gold and 700 trophys when I first started…its so very bad it has to go.

I most likely have a hundred more ideas but ive not gave it a lot of thought…only thought how it shouldnt be :frowning:

Could you maybe give rewards depending on how much each person invests in the team? Like a ranking system?

Thanks for the reply, cheers! :smile:

This is definitely already happening. I was just discussing this with my friend. I’m like, hm, level 9 with 4 legendaries and their mana surges were insane. It got me thinking. Ok, logically, if this was just from paying into the game–great! I think if your game is fun enough to make people want to pay, more power to you! …it’s a free game complainers. I digress–than you would no doubt have some great troops! However, this isn’t the case. This player has seemingly unlimited mana surges (evidence of being in a guild with very high level masteries) and that seems to me to be the damning evidence.

We figure it’s like this. People get their friends/alt accounts into a high level guild, and they let them sit there. They collect guild rewards (also furthering their guild stats) and some of these are, tada!–you guessed where I’m going with this already–keys!

So they just sit, indefinitely. Until they get all the appropriate troops. Perhaps many many copies of legendaries, etc. who knows. Who really cares I guess lol, not much that can be done, because they come in at level 1 with everything and they are able to breeze through all aspects of the game, mowing down every team from Khetar to Ghulvania! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good and bad aspects of this, if you consider this scenario from the aspect of a friend or an alt account, respectively. You know, if people want to pay XBL extra money to have an extra account, that is completely different in my opinion. They are another paying customer. Although, I can see how this could be an issue on the pc/mobile platform, where everything is free and accounts can get by 100% free.

Always interesting to hear the developers POV. Thanks for the insight as always.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention, duh! Is that this person did not have any armor other than the stock outfits. More evidence they were most likely free to play. :stuck_out_tongue:

So no real time pvp planned but how about guild vs guild competition? Similiar to say rage of bahamut, clash of cans, marvel war of heroes etc…? As it seems now the state of the game there’s no incentive for me to keep playing other than general enjoyment but it will grow old grinding things out. Paying money doesn’t gain me anything unlike say rage of bahamut where I know when I quit the game I can turn around and sell my resources. I’m a vip 9 in under 2 months of play on the app and I’m pretty similar on the ps4 but I’m not really seeing any mention of real competition and it’s making me wonder if my money was wasted. While I love that you guys are more transparent I think it’d be great if you had a timeline that was updated and had plans for the future. It would save me time and possibly money if I know that you’re not going to do anything anytime soon to make a true hardcore player experience.

Recruitment is terrible in this game, if they really want a popular game the recruiting process needs to be fixed. I won’t continue to play this game by myself.

Cant see any of the top 10 guilds allowing that tbh.

Well, if you were level 9 and you were putting 600-700 trophies a week, I wouldnt have any problem getting you into my guild really.

The one thing no one wants to accept, is that the developers do not care. You can make 100 posts begging for the needed features, and nothing will change. This game is dying, and will be dead soon on Xbox One. Nothing will happen to prevent that. It takes days to create small patches for bugs and maybe a week or two for decent new content, yet months go by without a single update. This has absolutely nothing to do with the delay from Sony/Microsoft on pushing new patches through, that only takes a few weeks at max. On console the top guilds mean very little. I’m in the rank 1 guild and it’s not like I’m getting 1000 free keys a week from tasks. Sure we get more than everyone else, but the realistic amount is probably almost equal to the other top 5 guilds. On PC/mobile the top guilds are an entirely different world. On console though, they are nothing special. None of them even have invite only turned on, it’s generally open join for anyone level 75+ or 100+. A remade invite system would be good yes, but it isn’t going to do much on a dead game where 95%+ of all registered players and guild are inactive. Not showing player gamertags is a joke, period. Since the console version essentially has a “cap” on how strong you can get: their is no difference between a level 70 and a level 300 for the most part. Both of those levels will have level 10 kingdom and level 15 troops. This game is riddled with bugs and glitches, the guild invite system is the least of the problems. Every 10 minutes I get a pop up with a nonsense system error that often shows internal coding. Other error messages are just jumbled phrases of word and characters. Not hard to fix, but they won’t be due to pure laziness. Or the bug where tasks get completed by actions they aren’t supposed to be completed by(PvP matches count towards arena task wins). Or how when you are about to enter a match and have your team troop list expanded, if you close the team and try to pick another it basically hard freezes your console 90% of the time. If not a hard freeze, you have to wait a good 1-2 minutes for it to unfreeze. Or how PvP rewards don’t scale properly. I get 2k gold for beating 4 white cards yet I get 600 gold for beating a 4 legendary team with level 10 kingdom. I always laugh when people say not to disenchant because you will need card copies for the next update. “Oh, you mean that update that probably isn’t going to happen in the next half a year?”. The design of the console version is an all around failure. Don’t hold your breathe waiting for an update.

Forget updates, why is the game still riddled with bugs? Cute when people respond and pick out only what they can conveniently criticize. Come on tell me, why is the game loaded with bugs? Obvious bugs. Bugs that hinder you from the moment you log in. Bugs that have been in the game for months. Bugs that would literally take less than a day to fix. Why are they still in the game after MONTHS? The single biggest error [REDACTED] people make is assuming because a game is free that the developers are in no way obligated to release content or update the game. If a player is willing to spend time playing your game, you are obligated to routinely patch the game.

“Just because requested changes don’t get acted on that instant, doesn’t mean they aren’t read or soon”. Hm, didn’t realize several months was an acceptable time period to continue patting the developer on the back saying “It’s okay bud, we can wait another few months. You keep taking your time working on those updates”. I’m currently wasting my time on this game, so I’d like to see it updated at least once every few moons.

This thread is about guild recruitment though, no more giving attention to the ignorant. Yes, I do support an updated guild recruitment system. Not going to do much on a dead game, but I do support it.

Is there no [Enter] key on consoles?

Yes, that is why they read and interact on the forums almost daily … yep, they don’t care at all … can you point me to a console game where any Devs use and post on forums full of their users?!?

Sounds like every console game ever made … who died and made you king of knowing what changes are “best” … just because requested changes don’t get acted on that instant, doesn’t mean they aren’t read / seen …

Yes, must be laziness … can’t be the fact it’s a small team doing the best they can with the resources they have across every platform they support … NUP, must be laziness !!

… or for a legible paragraph to read :wink:

PS. How much did you pay for the game?!? It should directly reflect your sense of entitlement :confused:

1 Like