Who flipped the "F*** You" switch?

Oh, my.

9 Likes

So I’m not the only one who caught that. :rofl:

Only with you Lyya. :stuck_out_tongue:

(I literally googled the correct way to spell that, and subconsciously typed it like that anyway. You had one job, brain.)

11 Likes

Soooo the Ai isn’t going to be changed back? what about gem spawners? A lot of us aren’t having much fun since you guys messed with Ai and the infinite loops they get and all the extra turns we miss.

I mean a lot of us did have a lot of fun, with being able to actually use Gem spawners, but now it’s too a point where we don’t use them anymore, we’re stuck only using certain troops. And The Ai is waaay outta hand

1 Like

The AI and RNG will be undergoing more changes. This may include reverting some tweaks. There isn’t anything else I can say regarding this.

4 Likes

Of course, if you continue to propose only one kind of difficulty/AI, it is impossible… As others said before, one solution is to offer the possibility to the players to choose their difficulty (not only a stat bonus…). You already have the interface.

But all of these tweaks should not be done on a already released version of the game: it should be done in your developpement team… With beta testers…

Where these new players are? Because it’s more and more difficult to recruit…

3 Likes

100% win rate for everyone! All the time! Humans and AI! Winning is the new winning!

1 Like

I’m keeping positive that I’ll actually be able to use my gem generators again. They’re getting dusty from riding the pine pony.

3 Likes

Maybe they just don’t want to be part of your guild. :stuck_out_tongue:

There cannot be a changable AI/RNG or difficulty level for ranked PVP and Guild Wars. These need to have the same AI/RNG/difficulty across the board in order to be fair. This is also what a majority of end game players spent their time playing, so your solution offered of introducing more difficulties isn’t relevant for these game modes. On top of that, we already have changeable difficulty settings for the other parts of the game.

4 Likes

It’s not an issue with only my guild… You know that…

I agree for GW, it should be the same difficulty.
But for PVP, the 3 choices should be Easy, Medium and Hard (which is not the case because of bug, etc.). Depending of this “difficulty” you give more or less trophies to balance the difficulty/reward ratio. So it is possible to give more trophies to the players who choose a fairest RNG for example: more risky so more rewards.

3 Likes

It’s not likely that we will be implementing difficulty levels to ranked PVP.

However, who knows what the future will hold.

2 Likes

I had my first gw battles today in a high level guild on ps4 today… Went 2/3… I am not real happy with that but it was to be expected. Out of the 5 fights 3 were against justice league. 2 of those i won and i lost 1. Not to shabby lol…

The one i lost was brutal… No other way to say it. I got none of the mana i needed and once justice filled it was lights out.

I am not overly upset about it tho because the 2 i won went exactly that way except in reverse… So… Alls fair imo

4 Likes

It’s been stated by saltypatra that the game needs to be fair but challenging but the problem with that is that this game is a casual grinding game and not a competitive one.

Ranked PVP is a grind not a competitive mode even though it has a leaderboard as last weeks winner completed nearly 3000 battles so at 2 minutes per battle average that is around 14 hours per day of playing PVP every day of the week so how does one compete with that.

GW goes a bit towards being competitive but it has divided the community a little bit so I’ll leave that one alone but I think it shows that the game is more a casual one rather than a competitive one.

The parts of the game I love the most are getting those gem cascades in my favour and winning battles because it is a grind, it creates a nice feeling which is why I keep playing plus I love the social nature of the game with the guild system. If I keep losing battles to bad luck then the pyschological impact is not good when I am spending a lot of my time grinding but not actually achieving anything.

If you want to create a challenge, then a survival mode where highest amount of enemies killed wins each week or a weekly leaderboard for treasure hunt, not base it on how many hours you can put into the game each week. You only need fairness to both AI and player if it isn’t a grinding game but this game is a grinding game so you need to weight it heavily in the players favour or have a completely separate competitive mode that is optional for those who want the challenge.

To me that is an easy way of keeping both sets of players happy (casual and competitive) as at the moment I have a 1000+ pc player in my guild ready to quit due to the game not being fun any more purely becuase his losses have sky rocketed and that doesn’t create a nice feeling for him. Fortunately I play on mobile so not a real issue for me at the moment but we will see what happens down the road

8 Likes

I appreciate your honesty. Believe me…when you have an 0-5 day…from 5 straight Justice League teams doing what the one did to you. You will become a pitchfork holder with me.

lol
:-]

2 Likes

Im not so sure about holding pitchforks lol idk i guess i just dont get worked up about losing at this stage in my ps4 account…

I get pissed when i lose GW battles on my mobile account tho… Just not to the point of calling for nerfs (not saying you are) because usually its my own screw up that causes it or the board just isnt cooperating with me

1 Like

Might as well add a difficulty selection to PvP. Couldn’t make it any less unfair than it is now. On PS4 it is why you will not see any of the top 5 guilds on the top of the PVP leaderboards. We are penalized for our guild statues and so the 3 trophy matches we get range from 31- 51 skulls while the lower guilds are getting 60 plus skulls a match.

I finished third a couple weeks ago and it took playing the game as a full-time job. On Saturday I had hundreds of more wins then the player in position one who had 20000 more skulls then I did. We are, of course, playing 3 trophy matches.

Upon reset, the goal each week is to complete guild tasks. My guild just happens to do it in a couple hours after reset. We all play very often and work very hard to be able to do that. For doing it you get the loot and also the statue bonuses. Although they are not actually bonuses when they then make it impossible for you to compete in PvP. Since the rewards for winning PVP are not anywhere near as good as the guild tasks we pretty much just avoid PVP now.

This is diverting from the topic a little but I thought I’d take the opportunity to yet again throw in the “can we please have a true PvP experience.”

I think you would have won if you matched the red/brown instead of setting up the 4-chains for the AI. Didn’t you see that by matching those 3 reds that you were giving AI a chain of 4-chains? The 4-skull chain was luck, but the rest were all on the board to see.

lol

Obviously I gave him a 4 brown I have already said several times was an F up.

But you are gonna tell me the rest is already there…even though the match is moving at an insane speed…lol

No…just no.

His 4 match of brown at max should give him 7-8 Brown. Than from there what happens is absolute garbage. Me giving him a 4 brown match doesn’t explain why I literally never got another turn. lol

Im not so sure about holding pitchforks lol idk i guess i just dont get worked up about losing at this stage in my ps4 account…

@Vangor
As for that point, that’s just it. It wont matter if your level 100 or level 1000. If are the victim of the Justice loop. Your level and team literally has no bearing in the situation.

Why did you change anything in the first place? I think it was great before the update…

3 Likes