Who flipped the "F*** You" switch?

Maybe, but it just seems skulls are dropping a lot more, and 95% psion on top dont help lol

2 Likes

http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/so-how-is-everyone-experiencing-the-console-cascades/26097

4 Likes

Is that just what they want us to think?

Hmmm…

2 Likes

Lol i remember months ago bringing this up and people not on console laughed at me. I said then…“i cant wait until android/pc gets it!! And i can laugh at you all!”

Its here…almost …and im not laughing because its just not funny. I thought theyd be smart and fix it…nooooope

Android doesnt even have it yet. When they do…this board ia gonna be a flame fest. They are literally lighting their own game on fire

10 Likes

I disagree with the accusation but I applaud the delivery :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We have stated several times recently that there are tweaks being made to the PC Ai. There still haven’t been any changes made to the console AI.

We made small changes to the gem spawner algorithm to stop such consistent looping. Also, as I mentioned in another thread here it came to our attention that the combo breaker used on PC was being unfair in the favour of the player overwhelmingly.

Since changing this, PC players are now experiencing much more even RNG, with only a slight lean towards the player.

1 Like

But why tweaking the game when the patch is already released? This should have tested before…
You don’t need to do hundreds battles versus a Justice team to understand that there is something wrong…

There are 2 things, completely different: the AI (ie what the computer will do) and RNG (ie how gems are generated either by spell or “natural” drops). The main difference/issue that I observed is about RNG, not the AI (it seems that it played like in 3.0). Is there a difference between the old RNG and the new one in terms of cascade on PC?

7 Likes

Would this mean that it would be advantageous to fight GW battles before you ascend the PVP ranks, to maintain the “luck bonus” against the AI?

I’m sorry but without videos these Magic Cascades, Magic Skydrops and ai getting 20+ turns just don’t exist…Recall bias…Nothing to see here and its all in your heads.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :hugs: :joy:

@turintuor The AI is different in that it won’t prioritise skull matches. The combo breaker I mentioned above is concerning RNG and cascades.

@Zuboki, this shouldn’t affect Guild Wars battles.

they won’t fix it, they will give us the SAME BS line that they conducted test after test and everything was fair…and the sheep ate that answer up like candy…and now it’s happening again…there’s nothing anyone can do about it

4 Likes
13 Likes

@WishKiller
You get a like for your sheep comment.

@Salibu
Lmao I’m on console. Sarcasm tag must not be working for you today hey. Sheesh

1 Like

The console AI and RNG are much fairer to both the player and the AI than PC. With the next console update, XBox One and PS4 will be getting the improved combo breaker that is currently on PC that I outlined above.

4 Likes

ouch, that’s rough.

but to be fair, you did give AI the first 4 match yourself, so you can’t blame it for that!

4 Likes

Sorry but the AI always take the skull matches… From what I understood, the skull bait should disappeared when the AI tuning will be there.

There is an huge difference between the RNG 3.0 and 3.0.5 and my problem is: why did you change it for something worst? It’s like the luck factor was multiplied by 10… I don’t remember that it happens with patch 3.0 that 6 gems of the same color can drop at the same column… It’s nice because I get more extra turn but at the same time it’s frustrating as AI always get luckier. In overall, I prefer that both of us are less lucky.

For gem spawners, give up. It’s a mechanic that cannot be balanced: it’s either too powerful and so on, AI will be able to loop (ie Justice team) or not enough and so on unreliable/useless…

3 Likes

When we implemented the changes to the RNG it was actually to make the game fairer. We found that the RNG was overwhelmingly in favour of the player when on normal, and still in favour of the player in Ranked PVP and Guild Wars. Now it is still slightly in favour of the player, but not the extent that it was previously.

We are still working on tweaking our algorithm to ensure that the game is fun to play, but any changes we made were just to re-balance the game. Some players prefer more of a challenge when playing, whilst others like the game to be easier. At the end of the day not all players can be satisfied with the AI or RNG, but we are trying our best to make as many happy as possible.

EDIT: To clarify, it is PC that is has had the combo breaker changed to be fairer. This combo breaker will be implemented on console with the next update, which should see console cascades be less streaky.

3 Likes

That’s just the improved fairness for AI. Perfectly normal lol. That’s not funny and funny at the same time. Not funny because there is a lot of that going on. Too much. Funny because 4x speed lol

1 Like

@Hoop, I just edited my post for clarity.

1 Like