This is my favorite place to eat,
TACO-TOWWWWWWWWN!

1 Like

I want this to be real:

1 Like

Now, I want BBQ. :persevere:

2 Likes

It IS real:

But you’ll have to go to Oklahoma City to experience it for yourself. You don’t have any decent BBQ in Winnipeg?

1 Like

HK just because you asked - and I know you were being serious - here’s my daal and flatbreads. Lentils, onion, garlic, and flour.

3 Likes

This channel is making me too hungry. @Devs please nerf!

3 Likes

Winnipeg has probably the world’s most diverse, genuinely authentic food from all over the world. We are a very multicultural city and its one of the things I love about it. However, for some reason we have not caught up on BBQ. Truth be told simple cuisines like even Mexican are concepts that are fairly “new” around here and are getting established. Heck, even the first pizza restaurant that opened here nearly went out of business because the Ukrainians here didn’t know what spice was and froke when they tasted it :laughing:

We have a couple of chains coming in, which I do enjoy, but I can’t wait until the local chefs perfect the skill and start bringing more quality to the BBQ scene here.

Give… me… that… mmmmmmmmmmm…

2 Likes

Similar to the Atlanta area and authentic Mexican food. If you like Tex-Mex then you’re fine but if you want authentic Mexican, you really have to search for it which is strange because there is a large Hispanic population here.

2 Likes

Good Mexican was hard to get here in Edmonton until quite recently. We’ve had some solid Salvadorean restaurants for at least 20 years, but have had some genuine Mexican places open up in the last few. There’s a really good Oaxacan place not far from me and a new place that does very authentic comfort food. A few faux-Mexican hipster places, too. Good food and all, but not really my bag.

There are a couple of very good BBQ places too, opened by transplanted Americans. I think all the migrating oilfield workers from Texas, Oklahoma, etc., have helped in that regard.

1 Like

I honestly want to post a photo of my dinner tonight. I’m weirdly invested in everyone’s food now.

5 Likes

I do that too…

We have Grocers Outlet right next door and you never know what they will carry.

I also make my own stock - chicken bones, the last dredges of the veggie drawer goes into the pot and water plus garlic… a few hours later, my own stock.

I love homemade Mariana sauce… So Kudos to you K for making that.

But every meal I make has something that is a base for another meal (not left over but actual base)

I just wish I had a bigger deep freezer than I have…

I love it! I do this too and I have a gigantic stock pot that I boil outside. That home-made veggie stock is so versatile.

I wish I was better at canning or I would do a lot more stuff like this. I love soups… I love experimenting with veggies and stocks and noodles. I made last night home made shrimp wonton soup. Learned that I need to rinse the shrimp, the wontons, the bok choy since they add salt and it was a bit too salty. I did add some more stock today to break the salt.

Last year I was doing this crazy thing with what can you do with Rice.

This year is what can you do with soup