What non-EmpKhorvash/Maw/Mab comps are you playing right now?

And how fast you get up and running if it’s in the first to receive mana position

Team I’ve been using this week:

Psion***
Death*
Valkyrie***
Sylvanimora***

Works well, can swap Valkyrie and Death if you want to charge Valkyrie faster. Sylvanimora allows Psion to evade a bit of damage, the steal mana on skull hits can mean that blocking Death is less of an issue as well. It’s nice stealing mana from Emperor Khorvash himself and the Impervious Manticore isn’t resistant to Siphon either. :smiling_imp:

It’s glorious watching Deathmark trigger on 2+ troops at once. :grin:

3 Likes

It happened with three of mine. Funny stuff if it doesn’t happen too often.

Abhorath
Green Slime
Valkyrie
Keeper of souls

Very fast, very fun, very loopy and very reliable.
Extra souls, double Necromancy trait, Water link, Nature link. The team has it for a nice, ACCURATE, skull spam. I hate having Sheggra, Infernal king or Bone dragon up but unable to safely cast. Keeper of souls is a sniper skull spammer. :wink:

2x Manticore + 2x Famine and such beats me once in 5 and mostly due to poor Gems distribition.

1 Like

While that looks like a fun team, I wouldn’t call anything fronting Abhorath “reliable.” He’s a roulette of a troop, and while he steamrolls teams once he’s got momentum built, he’s pretty fragile in the early game. I’ve seen him hand juicy boards over often enough that I can’t go to him when I “just gotta win” something.

2 Likes

When not using mab or khorvash I use.

Soothsayer
Valkyrie
Bat
Bat
Adana banner

Bat
Crescendo with sorcerer
Valk
Bat
Lol, I’m always playing around with this one by changing banner and troop order. Crescendo’s extra turn FTW :slight_smile:

yeah crescendo with bat is vicious.

While thinkering with teams i’m constantly sad that i don’t always have good options to use some themes around certain troops because the options to make the said teams efficient would break the theme. Gnolls for example.

Yeah i’m weird and not just only on this sense.

I wanted to build a team around @Nimhain (Amira) and the options to get mana generators were Hellcat and Giant Spider. None would fit, esthetically with Nimhain (Amira), so i went ahead and looked for another troop that could fit, and Spirit Fox seemed quite nice as a familiar for our tender-hearted assassin. Both are stealthy so they would stick around quite nicely, but i would still want some troop to generate mana and with Amira and Spirit Fox being purple the Giant Spider became more and more interesting so the obviously approach was to find an “owner” to adopt the spider, not a dificult task since there are some good options on Zhul’Kari.

Team Ladies and Pets:

Double Green Banner

Dark Maiden
Amira
Giant Spider
Spirit Fox

The team works well for beginners since the highest rarity is from Amira and she can be unlocked at Leonis Empire. With the rework on Zhul’Kari’s troops Dark Maiden become a good converter with healing powers (giving life to be more accurate) for the first troop as bonus, while the most common Zhul’Kari team would use a Spider Queen upfront because of her trait, Leader. But once you get Dark Maiden’s mana if you have certain combinations of gems around yellows you pretty much have an “all-colors @Lyya (Mercy)”.
(Sorry, i couldn’t resist the urge to repeat the joke with troop’s avatars/names, but it’s all in good spirit and healthy fun. :smile: )

Battle plan:
Dark Maiden will always gives herself life since she is the first troop, this increases her survival considerably. Also if green or red is surrounded by yellow she will recharge herself too. If you can turn yellow gems to get tons of blue mana you will be able to charge Giant Spider’s spell that will most likely charge Amira and Spirit Fox (if it is not fully traited or if you just fired it’s spell as first move).

Spirit Fox will get in the way of Dark Maiden, since she needs yellow gems, but sometimes the removal of the gems will also cascade into combinations of four or more of a kind giving you some occasional board manipulation bringing some new yellow gems too.

Nimhain (Amira) is here for the fun with True damage to bring down any blue troops you face because of the double damage, as well as stealing some magic for more damage later.

Giant Spider is the transformer and can provide some meat shield summoning spiders if Dark Maiden is slain.

Traits:
Considering that you can almost fully trait this team using mostly cheap stones you have access to Webbed on skull damage with Dark Maiden, two Cursed traits to weaken the enemy (D. Maiden and Spirit Fox), Giant Spider will become fat because of her Big trait while also providing Magic Link, Venomous is not a “must have” since you could keep your Arcane Swamp for Lyya’s (Mercy’s) traits later when you get the troop.
Dark Maiden provides Nature Link as well, working fine for herself and her pet Giant Spider and sharing the greens with Nimhain’s (Amira’s) pet Spirit Fox too.
Awww, they are like BFF already… :joy:
(Nimhain) Amira don’t really need her traits, but if you feel like it’s nice to give her some lovely gems to unlock her powers, Spirit Fox would be best fully traited, but at least it’s cheap to do it.

Well, i hope i haven’t forgot any important consideration, and i hope you guys enjoy the team.

2 Likes

I like this! I’ve been trying to think of another way to use Amira and this certainly seems worth a try. Thanks!

1 Like

My attacking deck when Im not using EK Mab:

Sooth
Sooth / Bat
Herd
Bat

Alastair
Devoted
Rowanne
Prismatic Orb (Sorcerer)

Abhorath
Valk / Green Seer
Giant Spider / Green Slime
Bone Dragon

Deep Borer
Black Manacles (Sorcerer)
Behemoth
Sooth

Jarl
Fire Lizard
Moloch / Djinn
Moloch / Siren

Latest deck i’ve been using a lot is:
Cauldron (Archer)
Infernal King
Sheggra
Star Gazer

1 Like

I ran into a similar defence to yours Zoo. It was Jarl/Gob Rocket/Moloch/Moloch.

Very painful with the burns, suppressions, damage and red/yellow looping.

lol yea. Jarl could be your best friend or your worst enemy. And AI seems pretty good at making Jarl its best friend XD.

I put fire lizard there as red creator + skull damage dealer with its pyromania. By the time Jarl died, usually all enemies already burn and AI tend to prioritize skull over mana. That’s why i choose lizard over gob rocket.

Moloch is there to pick up red/yellow overflow. Also since this deck almost always loop, suppressions almost always triggered. So even if they just sitting there do nothing, they still can do something annoying to the enemy. XD

Very. Freaking. Annoying.

Console just got Rakshanin so I built a full Wildfolk team (it’s a 3-Raksha team on PC). 30+ Attack on Shadow-Hunter is nice.

Shadow-Hunter***
Rex Warrior***
Rakshanin***
Soothsayer***
Broken Banner (Blue/Brown), I’d do Lion’s Banner (Blue/Blue/Yellow, -1 Green) for PC

Edit: It’s deceptively good. There’s a Water Link and a Stone Link. Use Rex Warrior to kill off Troops so if/when SH goes down you still have a 30+ Attack front-Troop. Soothsayer helps generate Mana and control the board while adding damage to everyone’s Spells.

Strong against high Life teams and teams built around a Nuker.

Weak against Stoneskin-filled teams as they make for long battles. Avoid all long battles with this team.

3 Likes

Honor
Deep Borer
Settite Warrior
Paladin

with double brown banner

crazy powerful one-shots, and the armor gained by borer actually matters as warrior can do even more damage with its ability. Chose either yellow or green for second color. You can also choose skulls if enough are on the board.

cheers

1 Like

I usually run a double EK team for invades against other EK’s and Manitcores but if I get a team without them or Famine and Death then . . . . .

Gorgotha***
Hero w/ Staff of Madness - Sorcerer
Rowanne***
Mercy***

1 Like

My current “fun” team when I’m willing to risk a loss is:

Jarl Firemantle
Hellcat
Queen Mab
Courage
http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/jarl-firemantle,hellcat,queen-mab,courage?banner=3019

Jarl (fully-traited) and Courage (not necessarily fully-traited) are a very strong combo, albeit subject to RNG screwing you in the pooch. If that happens, Queen Mab has hopefully frozen a few critters, limiting the revenge the AI can take upon you. But even if Jarl dies, typically Courage has boosted Hellcat and the Queen Mab to the point where a couple skull hits will finish the match.

1 Like

Right now I’m experimenting with this team. It seems like it could be pretty frustrating to the opposition.

Dragon’s Claw Banner (2 red, 1 yellow, -1 brown)
Jarl Firemantle
Succubus
Giant Spider
Infernal King

Jarl loops, burns, and fills IK. Succubus casts Death Mark and drains mana, plus has a chance to summon on death. Giant Spider fills Succubus and IK and summons red if Jarl dies. IK fills Jarl and generates skulls plus has a chance to come back after death.

All in all, looks like it could be mighty annoying as a defense team.

2 Likes

Cedric Sparklesack
Egg Thief
Hero Mountain Crusher
Greed

Didn’t realize i Necro’d such an old post

At least change that Mountain Crusher into Skeleton Key