What is your unusual perspective on this game?

Something I don’t usually talk about is how the rules are different on the Treasure Hunt board. Not so much the ‘stuff upgrades instead of disappearing’ but the simple fact that when you make a match, there will actually still be an object there. It changes EVERYTHING with how cascades work (which admittedly is more important for TH).

Now what some of us might remember is that in Bejeweled (most varieties), when you make a 4- or a 5-match, it does actually do that - it leaves behind a special gem of some variety, of the same color.

Sort of makes one think about what the main game here would be like with some extra oomph in those matches. Not that the basic extra turn and extra mana (and certain trait effects) aren’t enough.

3 Likes

One of the things I like most about this game is that it gives me an opportunity to think strategy - which I love (Risk, Talisman, Civilization, etc) without a lot of overhead of rules and regulations.

And I like stats!!!

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that in TH you only ever get 4 types of gems dropping in, (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Bag) instead of 7 in the main game, so cascades happen a lot more as a result.

2 Likes