What is your favourite movie(s)?

As in the original trilogy, or the ones actually numbered 1,2,3?

I have strange tastes. While there are plenty of quality films that I love, I prefer watching goofy B-movies. Growing up, I really enjoyed stuff like Plan 9 From Outer Space, Evil Dead 2, and Mystery Science Theater 3000. While I wouldn’t call it my favorite film, I’ve (sadly) seen Birdemic more times than any other movie released in the past decade.

2 Likes

The house where they all reside and where most of the movie is filmed is actually a place about 500 meters from my home in Brasschaat, Antwerp, Belgium.

2 Likes

Thats fantastic. I’d prolly set a tent in front to spy on them :sweat_smile:

I tried but it was sealed off hermetically :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lord of the Rings. Is that a shock to anybody? Nope! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You and me both. I’ve been waiting with anticipation for this film to come out for months. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Star Wars, episode one, two, and three. The one with anakin as a kid before he grew up. The movies were designed for children in mind which is why it is as good as it is even though it got panned years later.

Those movies were panned immediately, not “years later.”

1 Like

Where’s the spoiler blur!? :smirk:

Changed ti but does it really need spoiler text when it is probably a decade old?

I guess it doesn’t need it, however “Raging Bull” is more than 35 years old, but I still haven’t seen it, so if someone posted a major plot detail in the thread, I would be less than pleased.

#justsaying

There comes a point when complaining about spoilers becomes ridiculous. A movie 35 years old can’t be ‘spoiled’, and it doesn’t matter whether you’ve had the entirety of that time in which to see it or not.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but this seems like an opinion. I’m not sure… but I’m pretty sure. No one is putting a gun to anyone’s head, just expressing a concern of common courtesy. Consideration is an antique concept, it appears.

Honestly, it was a light-hearted joke, but I guess the smirk emote wasn’t enough to diffuse its seriousness.

I was being playful, i saw your light-heartedness which is why i changed what i wrote to reflect that and my question was not to be seen as seriously as it was. That i must say is my fault for lacking mastery in communication.

I realize your remark to killerman3333 was intended as humorous. It was your comment regarding Raging Bull that didn’t seem to be in the same spirit. If I misinterpreted, I apologize.

1 Like

More famous movie spoilers:

Snape kills Luke’s father

Rosebud was a ghost

Keyser Soze and Tyler Durden are the same person

3 Likes

Ok… so as a person with a degree in Fine Arts… Movie watching is more than a hobby.
So, I too cannot name just one.
Here is a sample of my favs: (yes I have many, many, many, more)

Sci Fi:
Star Wars (episode 4,5,6)
Spaceballs (of course!)
almost anything else… lol

80s-chic
The Goonies (wished I had friends/adventures like this)
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (wanted to be him when I grew up)
The Breakfast Club (some of the most amazing monolgues for teens)
The Neverending Story (cause who doesn’t like a flying Dog-Dragon)

Horror: Not a big favorite of mine, but since it is SO prolific in the thread here is my perspective
The Hellraiser Trilogy (The best all around horror franchise out there, its got a “believable” story, gore, jumps, and even some well placed comic moments, it really is the whole package. Something you don’t find often if ever in the horror genre)

Martial Arts:
Equilibrium (this gets no love, because it came out at the same time as the Matrix, but the bullet-time Gun Kata in this movie might even be done better.)
Shaolin Soccer (if you have not seen this, check it out!)

Others
American Beauty (this is a textbook on cinematography)
Primal Fear (Edward Norton’s best performance… PERIOD)
Phenomenon (A movie where you ACTUALLY like Travolta’s character)
Powder (powerful story, well told and performed)
The Power of One (about the Aparteid in South Africa, awesome)
What Dreams May Come (not given the credit it deserves as a beautiful piece of art)

As I said, I could go on and on, but I will stop now for your sanity. If anybody is interested in having a deeper conversation about any of this, feel free to PM me! :wink:

Great Thread by the way, scrolling back up to click LIKE… NOW!

4 Likes

Shaolin Soccer is a great movie, it’s up there with UHF for fave comedies :grin:

1 Like

I’m actually surprised “Primal Fear” wasn’t mentioned more. That one is a classic. Loved it.

2 Likes