What is your favourite movie(s)?

If you could make a top 5 list, which movies would be in it except from Braveheart?

Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy
Airplane
Lady and the Tramp
The Cable Guy
Star Wars complete series

1 Like

I recently saw Trainspotting, that was fantastic. Dark and thought provoking but not in a depressing way (I watch movies to escape - so I can’t usually bare art house or anything too sad or scary)

I’m really bad at remembering movies so, off the top of my head

Sherlock Holmes: A game of shadows
Trainspotting
Dr Strangelove: Or how I learnt to love the bomb and stop worrying
Little miss sunshine

2 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but a good story about friendship.

2 Likes

I’m a Rambo guy. I can watch those and the first two Terminators forever. The last Rambo movie from back in last decade is already my pick for this century. Pretty much all the other movies can get cancelled and I’d be good. The only other movie I really liked this century and actually comes really close to the glory of the last Rambo movie is Mad Max: Fury Road. Rambo and Mad Max: Fury Road just can’t be beat.

I wasn’t a big fan of the later Rambo movies, but loved First Blood. Last summer, I was in Hope, BC, where it was filmed, for a chainsaw festival. Sadly, that old bridge was replaced a few years ago, but there are still a couple recognizable landmarks.

2 Likes

A classic! I would like to see Princess Bride again. I agree with others who say it isn’t an exceptional movie, but, it’s fantastic at being a great all-rounder. Comedic, action, romance, and still has some element of realism and interest that isn’t lost with the comedy. I think people just over-hype it too much so others have high expectations.

1 Like