Welcome to Nimhain's Lair: May 21st

If this is your lair, where is your sofa? I would like to watch some Classic Dr Who.

1 Like

82 likes? Holy smokes. Great to see some developer updates.

4 Likes

And great to see you jumping in :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about Stonehammer?
Any plans on making adjustment for him?

Zero difference. Plenty of Famines appearing on PvP defences. Still rarely a threat on defence teams in regular PvP. Still strong and useful in a few invade teams of mine.

3 Likes

I think this will be the 1st post to 100 likes, unless I am forgetting one. Not even the top 50 Guild League Table History has 100 surprisingly (currently 88).

Nope no difference. In GW today I drained a Famine and the very next turn he went from 0 mana to 22 and one shotted one of my troops.

5 Likes

I’m not feeling a big difference yet but I haven’t played much. I did see that one that had 21/22 mana but I think I would have killed it if it had 20/20 as well.

So 1 person said it was a HUGE different and everyone else said they didin’t notice any difference. Maybe dev will consider to change it again we never know

1 Like

For me, the biggest (if not only) problem is how often he’s being used in PVP/GW defenses. In GW, I fought 6 of them in 5 battles. I’ve seen a dozen more in PVP already this morning.

Based on that, it’s obviously an inconsequential change and needs to be looked at again.

3 Likes

In my 5 GW fights I faced 6 of them as well (0 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1). Not once did any of them hit 20 or 21 mana and not reach 22 in the same turn, so the cost change made 0 difference. Furthermore I filled mine on turn 1 in two matches thanks to a good board and a mercy cast.

I think 24 or 25 would be a much better cost.

8 Likes

The main nerf is the change to Mana Shield… that mana cost increase is beyond insignificant when he is commonly paired with Gorgotha or Dragon Soul.

The concept of destroying so many other troops just to provide a mild nerf to Famine is really poor. There are other options, e.g. having Famine drain a maximum of 2 troops.

Well, the Devs should move on and now consider to change other troops, I do be surprised if they even give this thread the smallest attention. Famine was fine before the Nerf, and he is somewhat okay still. I always need one more yellow match when using him, annoyingly. Also its super easy to take it down as before, as it gives my 8-13 mana cost mana drainers troops still no competition to fill up before Famine.

3 Likes

I would imagine you are in the minority with that opinion. In fact, the above is quite preposterous.

2 Likes

Well that is an interesting way to describe a troop that is objectively at the very least in the top3 of the most powerful troops in the game and arguably even the number 1.

1 Like

Then I am also in the minority that uses a low cost mana drainer troop against Famine teams.

My issue with Famine is that it’s not enjoyable to use but it is a pain to face. The antithesis of Gards Avatar. That is never a good thing.

2 Likes

Opinions vary brudda

No almost everyone does that, cause there isn’t really a way around that.

It works for me 9/10 times. Why should it not work for others???

2 Likes