Welcome to Nimhain's Lair: May 21st

Famine already at 20 so its a high mana cost already. 4 more added to the 20 is a lot, so 4 is surely more than a little. A little increase = 1-2

2 Likes

An increase by 2 would be completely inconsequential. Hell, 4 won’t even make a big difference and will often only result in less overflow of the final match to fill it, while not actually slowing the filling of Famine down, but 2 would just be a dumb joke.
24 is still insanely underpriced for his spell.

6 Likes

Imho he should be 25 like elemaghrim

2 Likes

4 wont even make a big difference? 4 manas more or 24 totally mana is 9/10 times enough for humans to make sure to fill up their mana drainer troop before CPUs famine gets filled up. Thats what 4 mana is in this case.

1 Like

He will need 2 dragon soul cast instead of 1 to be full i don’t see what is wrong with this

2 Likes

It is one simple match more needed, in those cases where it actually makes a difference(and there are plenty cases where it doesn’t make a difference), not what i would call a sweeping change.
It is better than nothing as it seems this is all we gonna get regarding Famine balancing, but far from really weakening the troop.

1 Like

I think this is an excellent balance decision.

1 Like

Guild Wars was never meant to be too easy, and losses was meant to happen, as it is now - the Devs should by all cost not make the mode easier, most of us wins more than we losses in the GW. If they decide to raise Famines mana by more than 2, they also already makes it easier for us to win the matches in the Guild Wars. Famine was one of the few troops left(after BD got badly nerfed) that could much hinder us winning a GW match. Now it will be easier. Its not good for the meta at all…

2 Likes

The presence of mana drain immune troops (Dragon Soul and Valkyrie most prominently) will also reduce Famine’s damage output.

edit: Also, I feel a cost of 24 would fit well.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you what’s the Next meta, Kirby FG. So Jotnar buff came at the right time

1 Like

[quote=“Beowulf, post:51, topic:24478”]
I’ll tell you what’s the Next meta, Kirby FG.[/quote]

Will never happen, as easiest counters ever is Impervious troops…

1 Like

Just think, FG’s barrier will now also protect against devour :wink:

3 Likes

I know. But this is about GW. That’s why

As far as i understood it, that change is still quite some time out and might not even be a final decision at this moment, rather an option the Devs explore.

1 Like

I feel like immunities should be consistent… for instance, right now we have:

• Mana Shield blocks Mana Burn
  • Impervious blocks Mana Burn

The proposed change says:

• Mana Shield blocks Mana Burn and Mana Drain
  • Impervious blocks Mana Burn but not Mana Drain

Given Impervious is meant to be a catch-all thing… I feel like it shouldn’t take half of a trait’s effects but not the other?

Of course, in this particular case, I feel like it shouldn’t benefit from either of them. Given that Impervious could very easily be regulated back to a status immunity trait only, and be slightly less powerful and considerably more common?

Oh and more troops with Indigestible. Yes. *nod

2 Likes

I would be fine with Impervious simply being immune to Status Effects only.

3 Likes

Well this is a cool place. And cool news. And nicely in line with my thinking: I feel a nice fat IToldYouSo coming…

For the sake of balance and the use of other troops, might you consider nerfing Famine so that he drains two random troops instead of all four?

Famine has to be 25 if we’re talking about balance. He’d still be be filled by a couple of exploder casts, which OFTEN refill themselves after one cast anyway. And the fact almost everyone uses exploding troops with famine should ensure his mana cost indeed be TWENTY-FIVE!

5 Likes

I do not mind an increase in famine’s mana cost (and yes, I use famine), but I am very dubious about making Mana Shield block mana drain. There are 15 other troops besides famine that use mana drain; do they all deserve to be weakened just because famine is being weakened? Spirit Fox, Manticore, many others.

Also, this would mean that I will not be able to kill a single troop Princess Elspeth before she slips away! (You don’t really think she commits suicide when she casts her spell, do you? :slight_smile:)

3 Likes