Welcome to Nimhain's Lair: May 21st

Unfortunately we’re unable to update console data like we can for PC/ Mobile so you will need to wait for the next update.

2 Likes

I like the buff to barrier and i dont feel it protects from devour too much… Nice balance imo

2 Likes

Is there anything on the ‘drawing board’ that will allow you to make changes to troops on console in the future?

1 Like

Will death mark and barrier be fixed. The other day I had Forest Guardian barriered and when I killed a death knight the death mark triggered and popped the barrier but the death mark still stayed and triggered again after I casted again FG and popped the barrier for a second time.

3 Likes

Just tested this myself and can confirm the behavior. It seems that when Death Mark would trigger, barrier does absorb the damage, but as you said the mark stays and can trigger again and again.

3 Likes

I can jump in on this one, because I’ve been working with the team on this.
Short answer is ‘yes’, it’s on the drawing board, but we need to ensure we have approval from Microsoft & Sony before it can officially happen (they can be quite particular about things like like downloading dynamic data in games)

9 Likes

Can you consider if you could also offer the immunity to mana drain to Alert as well?

It always seemed to me Alert was to be a counter play to having spell abilities stopped, yet silence is very rare. Of the troops that have Alert, I think only Psion could become too strong with it.

4 Likes

Awesome news. Never used Jotnar because he looked like trash, had the stones to full trait from the moment I got him, but never bothered committing. Happy to see mana shield getting that buff, mana shield really sucks as a trait, IMO. Preventing mana drain gives it the kick that it needs to be something worthy of having on a troop. Happy to see devour blocked by barrier, too.

A little worried about Famine, I do agree he should be costed at 22-24, but I don’t think he’s that bad otherwise.

2 Likes

I assume a small amount is max 2? So Famines mana cost should go up from 20 to 22.
Personally I will be annoyed if they nerf it more than that…

8 Likes

I also really hope the Barrier preventing Devour will work to prevent Kerberos from Devouring, and not just have Kerberos’s damage apply, remove barrier, and then allow the devour to kill.

3 Likes

I would think you should be able to get that from Microsoft and Sony. Bungie has done it multiple times with Destiny.

1 Like

That’s just because the new troop that Silences a random enemy on 4-5 gem matches isn’t released yet. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Kerberos spell steps are:

1. Try for 50% devour
  2. Deal damage.

What you describe can never happen with kerberos, but it can with Kraken, where the order is reversed. However - as others pointed out - Kraken only targets the last troop, making him much easier to counter.

10 Likes

My guess is 24 cause he his too strong

3 Likes

4 mana increase is not a small increase. Nimhain said a small increase.

6 Likes

@Nimhain - You should also post something called ‘Nimhain’s Liar’ where you post a whole bunch of untrue stuff about Gems of War.

Thanks for this update. I understand these can’t come regularly but they do help us understand what kind of thinking the devs go through.

2 Likes

In relation to the overall manacost, 4 mana would indeed be a small increase.

3 Likes

He need to be 24, that make no sense to put him lower then death and gard especially since deathmark will be nerfed

Famine is by far the strongest of mythic since he can one shot kill a troop and also drain everyone

7 Likes

A few things:

Can we get a verdict as to whether or not the deathmark interaction with barrier is intentional or not? As of now, the deathmark activation strips barrier and armor but does not remove deathmark, allowing it to trigger again. It seems it should be one or the other (preferably just stopping/removing the deathmark, without the armor strip).

For Black Beast, can’t his spell just dispel the target before attempting the devour?

For Jotnar, a big reason why he is not consistent or reliable is that you need two other board mod troops to get barrier on everyone due to barrier being able to trigger consecutively on the same troop multiple times in the same turn. Since his spell does not board mod in any way, this severely limits your team choices. Having it at least target different allies within the same turn would go a long way to making him more reliable. In order for the giant synergy to be there, regardless of what buffs they get in terms of raw power, they really need reliable board mod that can create 4/5 matches to really be viable, and I’ll believe that when I see it.

For Mana Shield, it really doesn’t make sense in the current iteration of the game for Queen Mabs (and all two other “mana burn” spells) to be single step spells that have this trait block all of their damage. It will be nice to finally have something to counterplay mana drain with, although I still wish it wasn’t so absolute one way or the other.

1 Like