[Weekly Event] Let's help each other out

I went to a 4-unded team with a power rating of 9606. So far my PVP variety is okay (knock on wood). I’m not seeing as many of the common combos as I did before the patch. Plus, fighting Bone Dragon gives us points now, so there’s at least some small upside.

1 Like

I think there are a couple of issues here:

1. The dev team can’t just look out for end game players.
  2. The dev team can’t make things too easy for end game players.

The end result is that we shouldn’t expect every weekly event to totally upend which teams are used in PvP, and we definitely shouldn’t expect players to be able to get all the rewards they need for the event simply by playing PvP. I’m guessing that will happen sometimes, but it definitely shouldn’t happen all the time.

In my view, they’ve struck a decent balance. The combo of the troop/kingdom bonuses and the event has led to a noticeable shift in the defense teams folks are facing, which is a huge benefit to end-gamer PvP grinders. However, they’ve also given incentives/rewards to people that aren’t PvP grinders (or don’t want to be).

Personally, I’ve found it very refreshing to be able to grind Khetar on Warlord IV and get Arcanes, Seals, and Snotstones. If I can continue to do that throughout all the kingdoms of Krystara then I will be pretty happy.

7 Likes

Ok, joined the Undead Defense Force!
Come and Get ME! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Given the name of my guild :smiling_imp: how could I not put up an Undead Defense team .
Attack!!!

3 Likes

And when they add daily tasks, there will be another series of choices to make. Sometimes things will line up, but there will often be a whole series of incompatible objectives that will force us to make choices. I’m sure some people will find it frustrating, but it will definitely encourage variety in gameplay and troop usage.

4 Likes

Got it, thanx!
Taking out my hero then.
My newest Undead Lineup is:

Wraith
Wraith
Twisted Hero
Bone Dragon

I’m in, I’ll go change it now. It would be nice if we could sort troops by type though.

You can do a search for Undead. You’ll get undead slayers as well, but it does lower the number of troops significantly

5 Likes

I never thought of using search. Thank you.

1 Like

Done my undead defense

Ghoul
Draakulus
Zombie
Banshee

Have fun - getting points

1 Like

I’m in, though I will try and set a competitive undead defence.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize how cool Ghouls are until now…
When did they get the buff? I really should pay more attention to those update logs.

Maybe the devs just assumed that we would field some undead teams to provide a few event points and “bait” some revenges just like we were doing but with no extra benefit (event points). All that while we also got a little more variety from people using the troops that are receiving the status bonus from race and kingdom to improve their odds a little.

This way they wraped a lot of good things that are working well to provide less boredom to end-gamers, wich is better than we expected in many ways, and providing some help to new players.
Also, nothing is final so, a few tweaks will probably happen i believe.

My team currently at 3 victories and 7 defeats:

I believe that Astral Spirit and Wraith have been busy dealing true damage or stealing life. Remant is there to gain some random status and explode a few gems, not great but his color works fine i guess. Skeleton providing skulls for Wraith’s Death touch and Chill touch.

I could use better undeads, but nah… This feels ok to face for most people to not get bored steamrolling the team and maybe losing the first troop or be close to it.

Wraith has a kind of hidden 10% chance to kill on skull damage, and more so over time. I’ve had quite a few matches start with 2 skull groups set up, I take one, opponent takes other, and my lead troop dies to death mark on my next turn. So while a team with Wraith in slot one won’t win consistently, you’ll certainly get the occasional luck out.

2 Likes

You can search for ^undead$ to get just the troops that are undead themselves.

12 Likes

does that work on iOS as well?

Dunno, I tested PC and android. But there’s no reason for it to be different.

1 Like

Confirmed, yes it works on iOS too. Cheers! great tip

1 Like

i never realised that!

1 Like

Actually looks like (at least on PC) you don’t need the starting ^, only the $ at the end of the word. Cheers for that @yonizaf !

@Nimhain and/or @Sirrian are there any other neat search tricks that can be used to filter cards by any chance? :smiley:

1 Like