Gems of War Database - updated troops list and much more!

@sirrian how about changing the old ‘Troops List’ link on the GoW website (and in the menu at the top of this page) to go to @Lyya’s list rather than your currently out-of-date one… even as an interim step?

3 Likes

Added team bonuses to the team page.

For example, the following (terrible) team gets two bonuses:

http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/anointed-one,ghiralee,musketeer,alchemist

4 Likes

I second this motion.

2 Likes

It is too late, the first round is over and i am out even though i had 2 team bonuses and a great team that regularly beats rockworm/celestia/gorgotha/goblin teams.

I’m sorry; what’s too late?

Team bonuses being shown as well as team line-up. I did not know i needed it until it was too late.

You didn’t need it. You lost because the other team was better. No amount of bonuses were going to make up for it, so please don’t blame this tool on your loss.

1 Like

I blame nothing on my loss. some thought my team was better than my opponent and had good reason to believe it however they were greatly overshadowed my the majority of those that thought my opponent’s team was better. I lost to his team and at the end the reason could be anything and i would like to learn the reason more than find someone to blame. I do like your troop list system, as well as all the improvements that have happened to it since round 1 began.

1 Like

Good morning, nice job that have you done.

Barberius skill description is wrong:
“Explode a gem. Deal [Magic+5] damage to a random enemy, Boosted by each Brown Gem destroyed. [3:1]”

The correct is:

“Explode a gem. Deal [Magic+5] damage to a random enemy, Boosted by each Brown Gem destroyed. [x3]”

thanks!

3 Likes

Nice catch! Not sure how I got those wires crossed. Should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Minor thing, but any chance of the links to the different categories (Troops, Classes, Weapons) being visible on all pages? Rather than having to go back to the home page to change which category you’re in?

2 Likes

Good idea. I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I didn’t take the initial plunge because i felt as though I didn’t need it; but this is some phenomenal work. I’m absolutely blown away. Great job!

1 Like

Yea this community is pretty dang amazing from @TaliaParks and the league to @turintuor and his to do monitor and @Lyya and this troops list, and @Bludax and star sheets.

These guys all make this awesome!

6 Likes

The same with rowane and hydra.

Hydra: “Deal [Magic+5] damage randomly split among enemies, Boosted by my missing Life. [2:1]”
Correct: “Deal [Magic+5] damage randomly split among enemies, Boosted by my missing Life x2”

Rowanne: “Deal [Magic+3] damage randomly split among enemies, Boosted by my Armor. [2:1]”
Correct: “Deal [Magic+3] damage randomly split among enemies, Boosted by my Armor x2”

Thanks!

Yes, those were hitting the same bug and were addressed by the fix for Barbearius. Are you still seeing incorrect information?

1 Like

I’m planning new teams through your work, only for fun. But, if you want any help, count on me!

1 Like

That’s awesome :slight_smile: I just added a “suggestions” feature for when you drag and drop a troop into the team slots. The suggestions use a bunch of arbitrary weights and rules I assigned and are likely more bad than good. Let me know what your experience is!

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was because of the Series, but the Team Summary list with Team Bonuses is amazing and completely user-friendly for the Series @Lyya! Thank you for this feature :slight_smile:

What exactly is the intention of the Suggestions? It says “Coming soon!”

I like the suggestions feature so far, but would it be possible to add a little + sign to any of the troops that pop-up so they can be automatically added to the Team list?

At the moment it’s difficult to tell that drag+drop works because a :no_entry_sign: comes up whenever you click and hold a name. You can only tell you picked it up when you move it over the Team list.

[Firefox, Windows 10]