Ultimate Maw/Mercy Combo Counter-Build

Why? I didn’t see Blighted Lands in there.

Or Adana either.

I mean that some of the troop designs are already planned troops to a certain degree.

There’s no killer lady tortured-soul/sniper, so my vision persists.

5 Likes

I can relate to this.

Maybe they think its fairer for more to see, since some are looking at it anyway.

Now we need a red or brown target specific transformer akin to alchemist/valk/giant spider/green seer.

I think they hesitate to do this specifically because Sheggra and Keeper of Souls exist.

1 Like

Keeper is easily fed by Giant Spider anyway… and Bone Dragon is typically far stronger than Keeper, and same colours…

We need to see the final targeted colour-changers to ensure more diversity… Sheggra isn’t that common, and it, or Crimson Bat, could be much more viable with a red transformer…

Bone Dragon is stronger on defense, about equal on offense. And yes, there’s a universal purple transformer. I still think Sheggra and BD/KoS is why we haven’t seen universal red or brown transformers.

1 Like

Nah… neither are over-powered at all… and not a reason to shy away from filling in the last gaps in the colour-swappers…

Webspinner and Goblins were previously big problems and that didn’t stop us getting Green Seer at the time…

Devs just didn’t get around to it yet, or probably have them pencilled in for as-yet-unreleased kingdoms…

I will agree to disagree, then. Without word from the devs on this, it’s all conjecture.

1 Like

I’m about to eat crow…

1 Like

We have a perfectly good spoilers thread in the lounge that has been woefully underused lately. Maybe you could go into detail there?

I can if people want.

2 Likes

I’m people. I want. Besides, that’s what the spoilers thread is there for; if you don’t want to get spoiled, don’t click the thread title!

1 Like

A counter to Mercy would be Spirit Fox. A couple potential counters for Maw are Gob-Chomper with empowered double damage to monsters, and Sunweaver with Monster slayer. 2x Gob-Chompers would do enough damage to take out Maw even with a life boost from Mercy; provided that it didn’t fill up and cast. Not sure how to make a team around that though. As for Sunweaver, here is an old team that does quite well:

Sunweaver
Naga Queen
Aziris
Wight

The idea is for Sunweaver to continuously cast on itself. Since its spell gives 6 mana, it only needs 7 mana to fill. By using the +2 blue banner, and 2x water link troops, it only needs 1 blue match to refill. With 3x blue troops for water spirit, and 3x undead troops for Undead captain, Sunweaver will boost its stats by around 16 every other turn.

making sunweaver an appetising treat for Maw?

Other way around. With Monster slayer, Sunweaver does over 40 damage to Maw with base attack. Even after a life boost from Mercy, Maw will go down in 2 hits. Aziris will provide the necessary skulls, while eating Mercy’s purple gems.

2 Likes

Yeah cause the AI routinely makes unrandom “calculated” decisions rolls eyes

Unless when it matters, i’m like “no no no just not that… aw fuck.” -defeat.