Treasure map reward revision

Look PvP is becoming more and more a burnout grindfest and in the past this minigame for many has been a nice relaxing escape. The problem is time in game for most players is valued above all other pursuits, and this mini game is not as rewarding to players of all levels. I would like to see trophies added on X turns to the rewards since that code wouldn’t require many modifications. This benefits all play styles with guild contributions and provides a less toxic solution to grinding trophies. I’d also like to see scalability in the rewards given to a users level as right now its pointless outside of farming events. Its a waste of time for most players who have maps in the hundreds or thousands. I’m humbeling beseeching that these modifications are taken into consideration and implemented asap. PvP has been worse than ever and I and others I feel would enjoy the change allowing a productive alternative and making this function useful again. Thank you.

15 Likes

Adding 1 trophy at 20 moves, 1 more at 40, and 1 more at 60 would be great. It would scale with 60 moves minimum needes for seals, and it would be as rewarding as 3 trophy fights in terms of trophies.

Also having rewards scale a bit based on level would be great too. Many times now has buffing of rewards been suggested.

7 Likes

Interesting idea, I’ll pass it along but I can’t make any promises.

11 Likes

Gizmo proudly endorses this movement

4 Likes

Yes please. Put treasure map rewards near parity with PVP for time invested and watch the interest in this great game mode spike.

Maybe certain crafting parts have to be “found” via maps…?

4 Likes

+1000 to this!!!
Please add trophies to TH!
And maybe other modes too while you’re at it! :wink:

2 Likes

Considering maps are a gated resource, I’d actually expect the rewards to be above PVP. We can PVP 24/7 if we want, but when you’re out of maps you either buy or farm more. But if the rewards were improved, the glory cost would need to be evaluated too.

3 Likes

I am so excited someone has made a suggestion like this!

+1000 times yes. I’m on the fence about walking away from this game and this would be a major boon if I could play treasure maps instead of PVP to make my 300 trophy requirement. And indeed, I think 1 trophy per 20 is fair and shouldn’t have a cap so if you’re lucky enough to make it to 180 you get 9 trophies because that would EASILY be what I’d make if I did PVP for the same time I was playing 180 map turns.

I also think rewards should scale per level somehow so that at higher levels things like souls fall away and things like gems, snotgems, Runic/Arcane traitstones and other things start to appear. Basically, look at what we’d get for PVPing for as long as it takes to get to 60-80 turns and you get an idea how to scale the whole thing to meet a similar time requirement.

Please consider this. Guild Wars is morale breaking and now nerfing the one troop PVP option is making PVP tedious again.

Please consider this from a player who has been with you since the Sylvassi/Ragnagord era.

2 Likes

PS, I’m begging.

2 Likes

Much appreciated. I know the addition of trophies would help players of different game styles to contribute to guilds and would be certainly a minor code tweek. The scaling might be an economic issue where a flat out integrated multiplier condition for level might make the rewards of glory chiefly imbalanced. So I’ll not try to overcomplicate that request and be satisfied with what the team seems best suited and desirable for the mini game function.

2 Likes

I always thought those matches could be more rewarding by allowing you to “wager” x maps per run. However many maps you wager multiplies your rewards by that amount. It could be capped and would then be worth doing at higher levels as well.

2 Likes

@Nimhain While thinking about changes what about old ideas that have gotten lost in the shuffle. I just copy pasted to not retype:

Treasure Hunt: Every 60-120? Moves (developers have the data to pick an appropriate number) Players receive a random “additional bonus reward” (an arcane traitstone would be included in the list) on top of the 15 move basic reward.

Players can spend x maps before starting TH to get +1 moves in their game for each map. So you would have 8 moves, plus your Guild Bonus, plus one additional turn per map burned. It will still take quite some time, has a random element (like the rest of the game) and is possible at all levels.

1 Like

@Nimhain I also like this suggestion. I love treasure maps, but rarely get to play them because the rewards/trophy options don’t match up. Something else that might make them more worthwhile (especially if the trophy idea doesn’t go over with other devs) might be to increase the chance for runic/arcane/celestial traitstones when you get to a certain amount of moves. For instance, a higher chance of getting major at 40 turns, a higher chance of getting runic at 60, arcane at 80, etc. etc. It would just give another incentive to want to actually play those bad boys. I have over 10+ people in my guild who have over 500 maps cause they really have no incentive to play them. Just another thought to add on to the fantastic trophy idea.

1 Like

I think just get rid of treasure hunt altogether. What is the point of this mini game ? there is none. Only little children play treasure hunt. It not suited to this kind of game

2 Likes

I still won’t play it, but I endorse any improvements to that senseless, useless feature.

Treasure maps are arguably okay when your level is 1-99 but you should be clearing all the quests then, not wasting your time with the maps. And focusing on getting all Kingdoms to 10.

And as a newbie, it’s FAR more valuable to hone your battle skills and familiarity with troops than to get good at treasure maps.

3 Likes

Even the music is stupid and irritating like a children’s party

I like the idea of being able to wager maps on the outcome. So you could ‘pay’ say, 10 maps, play once & get 10x the rewards. It would certainly help people who have hundreds of the things without the time to play them (although obviously it would need to be limited on the amount you could ‘pay’)

3 Likes

This Treasure Hunt topic comes up every 4-6 weeks.

10x rewards!!!? Its been a least 6 months since I’ve read something that excessive.

Realistic change: +1 Turn for every map used. So Base 8 moves + Green Guild Guardian moves + Maps used = Turns in Treasure Hunt.

1 Like

I intended this to be a simple topic with a easy to code addition to make the feature more viable to gamers past the first couple weeks of playing. Some contributors to the topic have been positive about wanting the changes, others have not so much. I feel the threads been hijacked and derailed from the originally posted intent with more irrationality complicated changes and amendments that are likely never to be implemented.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like the ‘spend x maps for x benefit’ ideas anyway because it dilutes what the maps are as a in-game currency.

I am happy to stick with your idea because it is a serious quality of life improvement.

1 Like