Treasure Hunter Finish a Treasure Hunt with 2 or more Vaults - buggy?

I get one vault every 10 maps but that is cause i have gotten good enough for my instincts to guide me. However instincts alone only gets me an average 30 moves or so though and at 50 is when i get a vault.

I nearly got it yesterday. But my red chests were all over the place. :frowning:

when you get 2 vaults in 99 moves and you only needed one more turn to make a 3rd. I am getting better my average is nearing 40 moves but now it is 5ish maps per vault.

Yeah, I didn’t think it was a good chance either. Pre patch I never even knew about the vaults. I only ever got red. After playing a bit more and researching suggestions what seems to work is the following:
Try to clear out the lower level coins from the bottom up. Sometimes even if it means you lose a turn. I.E. You see bronze coins at the bottom row. Try to match those up to get them off the bottom. Next focus on silver, gold, etc. The reason for this is that if you end up with a couple of bronze or silver coins on the bottom the later in the map you go the harder it will be to get rid of them because they will be covered up other things like chests and will basically be in a stuck position at some point. It seems counter intuitive to grab combos of 3 instead of the 4X above it, but by clearing lower value coins out at the bottom you will start to naturally get bigger matches at the bottom which is where you want most of your chests to be.

1 Like

Already did that, i never read a guide but im very good at logical puzzles, thing is often the board is against you from the top. And extra turns dont seem to stack anymore so even if i make a chainreaction of extra turns i just get one… the heck is up with that.

What i do is first clear all bottom copper and silvers (unless theres extra turns or 4s on the board above first) then focus on getting as many chests around as possible so they solve themselves rather than me wasting turns on making 3s, i tend to end up with either 3 red chests or 1 vault and 1 red chest. Never EVER got a shot at 2 vaults, best i ever got was 1 vault and 2 red chests after an extremely lucky session filled with constant 4 drop combos. This trophy is luck based and its garbage.

If you get an extra turn (4 match) the turn counter does not go up but does not go down either. If you get an extra turn (match 5) the turn counter goes up by one. The extra turns do not stack on each other after the net gain of one. This is implemented by design to limit the number of moves a person can make and to shorten the time it takes to play a map. If left unchecked players would hit the no more moves cap and also complain about how long it takes to play a map and how the amount of time invested does not pay as much as they were expecting. This is why they decreased the move count from 15 to 8 and increased the payout.

I don’t ever recall the number of extra moves increasing past one pre 1.08. Back to your point about taking 4 matches above 3 matches at the bottom. Sometimes you need to skip 4X matches to clear a copper or silver, or sometimes even a gold at the bottom because even 2 or 3 copper/silver near the bottom can ruin your chances because they essentially stick the bottom couple of rows as fixed.

With that said, the best I’ve ever done is 1 Vault + 4 Red chests. And honestly when using the strat I mentioned I’ve rarely gotten a vault, but the odds of me getting a vault looked better since I ended up with many more chests than previously. I’d say keep at it if you want the trophy, if it isn’t that important shelve it because I know this one can be very frustrating. At least in the process you are probably getting >1000 gold, 100 souls, gems, and a few keys so it is fairly profitable.

Man, guess what… I GOT IT.

Yesterday i had a decent streak halfway netting me a vault, i kept trying to pile greens on top of eachother and in the end it payed off, got that third red chest right next to two others with 2 turns left :smiley:

yeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

I’m still struggling with this one. Nearly got it yesterday, was one red chest away from doing so. :frowning:

This could be a language issue. For those of you who have gotten two vaults but then not gotten the achievement try setting your system language to English and try again.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for mentioning this, Foresti! I also wondered why the Trophy didn’t show up though I already managed to combine 2 vaults more than just once. I checked this thread a couple of times before but now I would like to acknowledge your assumption: My system’s language (PS4) is usually set to German so I switched the language to English (American). After a couple of tries I finally managed to combine 2 vaults - and when all moves were gone the Trophy notification finally popped up! Thank you!

@Foresti oh my gosh… a language bug may be creating Achievement unlock issues?

Learn sumthin’ new every day.

I might have to work harder on getting my Profile (Account Management Summary) switched to English from its default in French. Haven’t been successful so far in making the language changeover stick.

1 Like

I can say mine was set to English and the trophy popped at the end of the mini game first time I had 2 vaults

1 Like

I can confirm this, at least it worked for me! Got 2 or more vaults like three or four times and no trophy. Decided to wait for a patch and read about the language issue. Set my system language to American English (default was German), tried it a couple of times till I got 2 vaults and the trophy popped once I got all my loot. Finally! :slight_smile:

1 Like

…aaaaat leastttt, my woman earned the trophy at 7th time, with the tip of @Foresti … need change your lenguaje to american english and play :smiley: only need 2 vaults and trophy pop

1 Like

American english (from an american mind you) is just improper england english.

@killerman3333 Ok thanks for history master class , very appreciated but in play station have two english… in my cause for solution glitch need change language to english american :slight_smile: if don’t like can contact sony for repaired english native language. god save the queen.

god save the queen.

Me too…
This evening I finish with 3 safes…and no trophy :confounded::confounded::confounded:

Tomorrow I set American language
(My ps4 is in Italian language)

If someone knows Italian please post/write to JOS that he needs to change his language settings to English to workaround this bug.

Thanks.