Treasure Hunt high scores 1.0.9 (screenshots)

@Nimhain - it would be really cool if the rewards were reworked to be the only the last three items… i hate that now i get 2 red chests and hardly ever get a vault. When i do get a vault seeing it be gold or souls is just so … disappointing.

coins would be gold,
bags are gold and souls,
brown chests are gold souls and glory
green chests are souls glory gems
red chests are glory, gems, key
vault is gems, key, key

1 Like

Not amoung the highest but decent enough :slight_smile:

So I just noticed the 1386 moves, there for this one of mine is not even decent. .

5 Likes

I think the 400+ moves is something we can all aspire to and the 1386 moves is not.

Still waiting on an explanation as to how the hell you can do that. I mean, there was a time where I could get a couple Vaults on a whim (not anymore for some reason, before the base turn reduction even) but that is silly.

2 Likes

I’m aspiring to 40+ moves…

2 Likes

The trick is to look as far ahead as possible and work your way up. (keep practicing) its like chess and by the way, there are 3 bronze , 3 silver, 3 gold then etc etc. and do not forget that when you make a 5 of you took away from matching another one somewhere else. after all said and done in 64 squares there are over 44,000 needed items to go all through the tiers. granted some appear, but the highest I have seen drop down were bags and i think sometimes a crate.

so when you match 3 you get one back but you need 2 more to make the next tier etc. mathematically that is a lot. If I can figure out the best sequence/algorithm i still think it would take HOURS upon hours to match the amount of times you need to.

So… by my standards this is a great record! I am pretending I didn’t see the super scores higher up this thread…

6 Likes

New PB

4 Likes

How score is calculated…

S ≡ Score
M ≡ How many moves
N ≡ How many of type at end of treasure hunt
n ≡ Type exponent constant; see table below:

n | Type
================
0 | Copper
1 | Silver
2 | Gold
3 | Bag
4 | Wooden Chest
5 | Green Chest
6 | Red Chest
7 | Vault

Referring back to this post, we see:

M = 211
 N | Type
=================
 9 | Copper
13 | Silver
11 | Gold
16 | Bag
 5 | Wooden Chest
 3 | Green Chest
 3 | Red Chest
 4 | Vault

Plugging in the numbers, unrolling the summation, we get:

S = 50 * 211 +
     9 * 3^0 +
    13 * 3^1 +
    11 * 3^2 +
    16 * 3^3 +
     5 * 3^4 +
     3 * 3^5 +
     3 * 3^6 +
     4 * 3^7

S = 50 * 211 +
     9 * 1 +
    13 * 3 +
    11 * 9 +
    16 * 27 +
     5 * 81 +
     3 * 243 +
     3 * 729 +
     4 * 2187

S = 23,198

And now you know, @DonBoba. :wink:

34 Likes

Genius! Did you figure that out by yourself?

Hats off!

Indeed. :slight_smile:

Bless you. :smile:

1 Like

12 Likes! I think that’s the most I’ve seen on a post. Clearly we’ve got a lot of math nerds around here :grin:

2 Likes

Then you need to go be like number 50 on the first post for the wiki. All that work, and he’s sitting at 49 likes!

afaik, there’s no way to view “most liked posts”. Clearly 50 is a league of its own. Normally a “massive post” is in the 10-15 range.

New personal best. Better even than my PB in the old “start with 15 moves” days!

8 Likes

It’s sorted chronologically, but there’s only 35 of them:

http://community.gemsofwar.com/badges/6/nice-post

1 Like

Yeah, but who wants to click through all 35 to figure out the rank ordering…

Woo, cool to see I made a couple of appearances there :slight_smile:

Think I beat my old one finally.

Got stiffed on keys again, of course…

3 Likes

@Brakkish My best run so far was similar to a run you’ve posted 2 weeks ago, but they’re nothing compared to those TH gods here…

6 Likes