Celestial: 1

Another sample of 100 battles on normal

nothing 18
minor 44
major 29
runic 8
arcane 0
celestial 1

With all this data collection has anyone noticed if there is any effect on what stones fall if the kingdom power levels are taking into account? Or any other factors - troop build, speed of completion of battle, etc. I’ve done literally hundreds of challenges hunting for a couple specific stones - Runic Water (Stormheim) and Arcane Deep (Khaziel) - and haven’t seen much of anything above a Major. I got one Runic Earth but that isn’t what I am hoping for. It’s very frustrating to be trying to get something and be let down over and over and over and over and over . . . . you get the idea.

Try the arena, I’m literally drowning in Runic Water (and Runic Earth). Wish there was some way to get other drops…

It seems just whining on this forum helps. Lol. I went back in and just got 3 Runic Waters in a row. Now to hope for the other two I need. Thanks for the tip though.

Got the other two Runic Water. Thanks to the forum gods for helping. Lmao.

fyi : went to Maugrim Woods for the Arcane swamp stone and got two Runic Water in a row. You just never know.

Recent data (21 PvP battles):

Nil: 4
Minor: 12
Major: 3
Runic: 1
Arcane: 0
Celestial: 1

Another data set

Minor - 50
Major - 17
Runic - 7
Arcane - 2
Celestial - 0

If the data collected shows how biased the drop rate is towards minor and major stones, I have a request that I hope gets worked into the next update. I think a lot of us have had the same thought but if we have pretty close to accurate percentages of what level of stone is to fall then we need those percentages evened out.

Kingdoms that have only one type of stone to give (FoT, Karakoth, Khaziel, Pridelands, Stormheim, and Whitehelm), there should be equal chance to get any of the levels available (minor, major, runic, arcane). The other kingdoms with two sets should be the same as well. Four types - 25% chance. Eight stones - 12.5% chance. Maybe even round these down a bit to include Celestials or just give those in pvp’s or arenas.

After spending the better part of two days trying to farm specific stones, and constantly getting a minor or major I feel those same percentages are holding us back in being able to upgrade our team builds. People have commented on the grind of the game and I would like to see that burden lessened by making it an equal chance at any available traitstone.

Out of 500 battles I got 4 lava stones, due challenges in Gor Nak. Gonna spare my glory for stones in the shop for now on.

Doesn’t sound like a good approach to me, rare stuff just has to drop less frequently, similar to obtaining rare/ultra-rare/epic/legendary troops from glory keys. I wouldn’t mind a way to exchange trait stones though, e.g. 5 major ones for a runic of the same color.

Or much better, 5 of a certain level and color for 1 of the same level but different color? Unsure if arcanes should be allowed in this trade though.

Update having just passed 100 battles.

Nil 17
Minor 41
Major 35
Runic 7
Arcane 0
Celestial 0

Pants luck this week…

Hopefully it will be jacket luck on the next one.

1 Like

Less frequently? I think the rare stones don’t drop enough as it is. Making it less frequent would be a step backwards. I would like this delivery system better not worse.

i think fourdottwoone meant rate stuff drops less than non-rare stuff… not make it less than it is now.

I have taken a big dislike to the game since traitstones came. I don’t play often enough to get reliable arcane drops, and arcanes bottleneck my troop upgrades.

They are boring as hell to farm as well. I want 8 x purple/blue for my Aggorath. So I set my home kingdom to Khetar so all my revenges are fought there. Then I play the first challenge over and over and over and over. I hate it. It’s not fun.

Personally I think the pool of arcane stones should be reduced to just the colours, and any multicoloured troop can use either of its colours to upgrade. There are just too many types of arcanes, and with such a low drop rate and the only way to get them is boring farming, I am disliking the game more and more.

Having said that, I love the actual traits themselves. It’s the arcane stones I hate. With a passion.

As the devs are Aussies, I’ll put in terms they understand. I hate farming arcanes more than Tony Abbott, Collingwood supporters and non-FTTH NBN. Please fix.

2 Likes

Nobody plays enough for reliable arcane drops, they bottleneck everyone’s upgrades. You can see my stats in this thread, 200 battles without a single arcane.

The only reliable way currently to get enough traitstones to fully trait an epic or legendary, is to stock on glory until the arcanes you need are available in the weekly pack (or the ones for real money, if that’s your thing).

Someone posted in another thread the comparison between how many are needed and the drop rates, you can see that arcane drops are indeed way too low (while majors are too high):

3 Likes

Warlord I 50 pvp battle
nothing 6 12,00%
minor 23 46,00%
major 16 32,00%
runic 4 8,00%
arcane 1 2,00%
celestial 0 0,00%

100 battles. Difficulty : Warlord I
nothing 9
minor 61
major 19