Traitstone Drop-rates

Question, do all challenges have the same drop rate? Once I’m completed a kingdom I can choose between 7 different challenges, and generally they increase in difficulty as you move to the right. Do they also have a better chance of Runics the further you go, or should I stick to whatever is the Easiest and just farm the daylights out of it?

As far as I can tell it’s best to farm what’s easiest.

Not sure what others have noticed, could be my run of luck over the past few days, but I’ve experienced Challenges to be less successful (than PvP) at getting runic traitstones. They still pop-out Arcane & Celestial traitstones though.

We haven’t touched Traitstone drop rates since we increased them a few days after the patch came out.

And the rarity drop rates are the same across all battles.

5 Likes

Thanks for the clarification that they are the same across all battles.

Any chance you’re yet willing to share the current drop-rate of traitstones (i.e. once the 80%+ chance that it will drop a traitstone has been decided)?

2 Likes

+1 to this request… Arcane stones in particular seem impossible to get hold of…

2 Likes

Another experiment to show how random the traitstone drops are.

42 pvp battles on normal difficulty this time with Dragon Armour (not that armour affects stones).

7 battles this time yielded no traitstone instead of only one. And this time with double the number of battles I didn’t get a Runic until the 40th battle. I got 3 Runics on the 20 battle test I posted earlier. Didn’t get any Arcane or Celestial.

Nature 1 major 2 minor
Earth 1 major 3 minor
Wind 1 major 3 minor
Fire 1 major 3 minor
Magic 3 major 4 minor
Water 4 major 6 minor

The Runic I finally got was an Earth.

I kept track of each kingdom I invaded too and without putting that list up (unless someone is curious) Khetar came up 11 times (Khetar is my home kingdom if it matters) with Whitehelm way below at 5 and the rest between 1 and 4. There was also only fourteen out of twenty kingdoms represented in this testing.

Water was the most dropped in the 20 battle test and it held strong again in this test too. The devs are based in Australia if I’m not mistaken . . . might be a bit of an explanation. :wink:

And just like last time I just did a revenge battle and got an Arcane Stealth stone. Go figure? :smile:

Khetar as home kingdom is a much more likely explanation. Australia is the driest continent after Antarctica. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well Actreal you are right about it being dry but my humour was leaning more towards the fact that it is an island surrounded by a big huge puddle of the stuff on all sides. Lmao.

Actually, it’s a continent, not an island…

Now you’re just getting pedantic. Funny guy though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ouch! Pedantic! That hurts… :cry:

I know! Such high brow words from a gamer eh? Don’t tell anyone I had to look it up to make sure I was using it right. Lmaorof.

I think i just saw a bird and it went over my head just like some of these jokes.

I think stone type drops are effected by home kingdom. I had the default earth kingdom and I was getting more earth by a large margin. Now I selected a forest kingdom and I’m getting more forest stones. This is for pvp/arena. For quest/challenge the drops are influenced by the kingdom you are in.

1 Like

Yes, that’s known and in the Community Guide, I think both in Traitstones and Kingdoms.

Just finished logging my drop rates from a 100 PvP battles.

• 47 minors
  • 19 majors
  • 12 runics
  • 1 arcane
  • 0 celestial

So that’s 79% traitstone droprate, about half being minor, and I got pretty unlucky on the arcane and celestial. I’ll keep noting down the results as I’m playing more battles.

1 Like

Nice info… too bad that when invading PvP you dont get to choose which arcane you gonna get… Iam planning to do something similar when farming challenges and posting it as well.

What difficulty are you playing @Archenassa?