Top guilds want clarity in the Guild Wars scoring system!

So youre saying that several ppl feel they matter more because they are endgamers in top guilds?

2 Likes

I firmly believe the mid week change last week was a bug fix which they said they would make if noticed. Mentioning that it was done would have been better though I guess the figured they’d get less vitriol by keeping it quiet rather than announcing a change was made at that time even if that further erodes any future trust they want us to have in them.

2 Likes

Ok well… Im off it! I will leave this thread and let all those who are better and more important than me fight for what they deserve…

And by all means if you are successful and are givin the answers please feel free to not share them with us lowly proletariat

2 Likes

hmmm… this make me thinks the same thing. much like how pvp score and reward are flawed and open to exploit. i don’t need exact formula, but it is better to know what to do and what not to do to get max score, assuming it is a fair system and cannot be exploited.

1 Like

Put “Black Pearl” up there.

Competition without clear rules is annoying.

I guess they are trying to counter Intrim vs Intrim II possible exploit, or any other sister guild fights. Like if you don’t know the formula you can’t cheat.

But the way they do it is very lame :unamused:

And they could tell about it directly, this “we just won’t tell you” is kinda disrespectful to the gaming community, shame…

Leader of Black Pearl

13 Likes

I don’t like to come on the boards and spread negativity, and usually keep negative comments to myself on the whole. However, I agree that the scoring is baffling.

Getting a low score is strange because often you’re not sure what you did ‘wrong’, and getting a high score is unrewarding because you’re not sure what you did ‘right’. It’s therefore very difficult to feel any sense of improvement other than by trial and error with different teams, because the system gives you no feedback. And even if you do improve your score, you’re not sure why or how.

In the official news thread when GW was restarted, I suggested a feedback pop-up at the end of each game giving you a general rating on how you measured against the scoring criteria, which many appeared to agree with.

Right now it feels like a boxing match being scored by an AI. Sure, you got a round-1-first-punch KO but you only get 1 point for technique because you only used the uppercut; also you get 0 points for stamina as you didn’t go at least 10 rounds; also you get 0 points for determination as you didn’t get back up after a 10-count; however you do get 10 points for speed so well done on that one.

Not on behalf of any guild, just myself.

18 Likes

Just dropping in to tag all the devs I know about to point them to this topic…

@Sirrian @Nimhain @Andrew @Vexx @Saltypatra @Alpheon @GoldPhoenix0

3 Likes

What are we protesting? Not registering for guild wars?

1 Like

No. The opaqueness of the scoring system overall.

Now here is a suggestion i would support! All the guilds who matter more than me abstaining from GW! Hahahahaha

2 Likes

So what are we the players going to do about it?

1 Like

Collectively express their dissatisfaction with as much united support as possible, even if the likely response is some pr answer that will say much word wise but mean little with no value or depth.

1 Like

Yeah… As long as you aren’t a lowly peasant

Gw scoring iscompletely random now you can do exactly the same thing in 2 match in a row and get a completely different score. The old scoring system was just fine it’s facing the same defense match after match after match that is a problem.

1 Like

I am GL for MATCH MASTERS which is #3 rank and currently in bracket 2 Guild Wars.

I personally am enjoying wars much more with the new scoring system.

I just put up a straw poll for members to say if they ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ the new scoring.

So far I have had 11 responses.
9 = like
2 = dislike

The general feedback (apart from the poll) is that this guild SUPPORTS the NEW system of scoring.

8 Likes

There have been some different ideas tossed around but nothing definite decided. They want to see how many guilds agree with us before deciding.

In this instance, all the guilds are peasants here because other than localizing their dissatisfaction, what can they do? Why do they mention top guilds? Because they’re the ones who got together and put forth the effort, not to the exclusion of anyone as again, guilds not at the top have joined in to agree with the sentiments. Individuals have too. You have expressed your opinion and don’t wish to be included. Great. That is completely your prerogative. However no one is being excluded because of their guild rank. I don’t have a vested interest in any of this but I couldn’t agree with @Aelthwyn more and it’s not because that’s the gm of Anonymous. It’s because I agree with the point and issues made. Does my voice matter less? No but then I think nothing will change either. But at least someone was willing to stand and fight the fight. Not everyone has to nor is everyone dissatisfied. But no one is being excluded from this if you agree and want to be a part.

5 Likes

I’ve already suggested to the group that if we protest, all guild in bracket 1 will set the new event troop at base level for all defenses. This will have the effect of locking bracket 1 down. It will allow two teams to bounce between 1 and 2. This will be in the spirit of GWs, as we will be doing it to analyze the scoring mechanisms for future competitive play.

2 Likes

@Shiratori its not how it feels tho brudda and this is not a pity party its a statement of my interpretation of what has been said

@Vangor it is your total mis interpretation of what was said.