Top 50 Guild League Table History

You all know that when 2.1 comes out with the new guild system, there will almost certainly be a ladder reset, right? :slight_smile:

You probably mean trophy reset. Ladder is what resets every week (PvP points).

If/when trophies reset, the guild that holds the top spot will be considered the winner, in a similar way to the personal weekly leaderboards. So there’s actually a bigger incentive to try and hold that spot if we know a trophy reset is imminent.

Hoping to use trophies as a currency soon.

I assume there will at least be an “overall trophies” leaderboard, even if it’s otherwise meaningless. Can’t imagine they’d wipe away nearly 2 years of hard work.

4 Likes

“Almost certainly” is a strong statement. Given the trophies have never been reset so far, even with a number of significant changes to how trophies are awarded, while a reset is possible, I think no reset is the more likely option for the devs to take.

If anything, they might add a seasonal table to the current all-time table.

4 Likes

If we could spend trophies on something, i wonder how it would effect the leaderboard.

They likely won’t be making trophies a currency, but it is very likely that the uses for guild tokens will be expanded to do A LOT more than they do now, which is currently only guild masteries.

5 Likes

‘affect’, not ‘effect’ :smiley:

(just your friendly neighbourhood pedant calling by)

Auto correct said it was right, i need to stop trusting ai to be spart.

1 Like

Erm i am having technical difficulties. Time to upgrade to win10.

This week in the top 50, there was plenty of movement:

• As predicted, Anonymous take top spot, having had the top weekly earnings for all of the past 4 weeks (and plenty of weeks before that).
  • Big numbers each week since 2.0 for Asha’s World have paid off this week, jumping two places into 4th.
  • Lots of little clumps fighting it out with fewer than 1,000 trophies between 21st and 24th, 26th and 28th, 33rd and 36th, 37th and 39th, 41st and 43rd.
  • I think we’re going to see a lot of new guilds push old guilds out of the table over the next month or so. For the first time, we’re seeing a higher pace across all the new guilds just reaching the top 50 than many guilds are making around 30 to 40.
10 Likes

Brief update this week, because my weekly allowance of stats brain is following the Australian election:

• Long time top 50 guild Horstianer have changed their name to HomeBound; and
  • Audles, whose rank climbing reports I’ve been following in their recruitment thread here on the forums, reaches the top 50 - given their frequent appearances in the top 100 players, I expect them to stick around.
10 Likes

@Serale, I believe that @esslee is doing a fine job. Granted we are no longer #1 but now the guild seems to be mostly cordial and tbh a more pleasant place to be (imo).

Is that really necessary? Until someone shows me some hard evidence that they are indeed cheating… this will just continue to be a bunch of hogwash in my eyes.

7 Likes

I see your point and i must concur. Until one of the players plays more than 8 hours a day, then i will suspect cheating. Given the accessibility of the game playing 8 hours (like a job) is very possible.

@actreal On the sheet, you should probably highlight the previous week Horstianer and this week’s HomeBound. It would give a better indication of the name change. Just highlighting their trophies like it is now doesn’t indicate anything when taken out of context of your weekly report.

1 Like

@actreal Do you have a sheet that tracks top 100 guilds?

Audles checking in, thanks for the mention. Yep we are sticking around, been climbing the ranks like crazy.

4 Likes

No, the last sentence is not really a quote and never been there. But it fits perfectly.
If you have a proof - say so, preferably to the devs. If not - sorry, but it will always sound like “I can’t win, so obviously they cheat”.

2 Likes

4 Likes

The highlight was inadvertent - I accidentally pasted it from my working sheet. Thanks for the suggestion - I’ve added notes for name changes now instead.

Unfortunately, in game I can only see the trophy counts of the top 50 (by pressing Show Top) so I have no history for the 51-100 positions on the table.

2 Likes