Top 50 Guild League Table History

Anyone who will be online each week just before weekly reset is welcome to try and record the data and start their own table and forum thread. Like I said above,

1 Like

I can record the data each week, but in pictures or video. I don’t think i would have the patience to type all the text into a table every week. If someone is willing to collaborate, I can provide the data and they will make the table.

Also, it turns out a lot can change in even the shortest time. I actually recorded the data 10 minutes before reset, but most of it is so close on points, that a single match done in these minutes might send someone up 5 places or more. But I guess nothing could be done about it, unless the devs are willing to share the final data.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I found when I tried to look at the team makeups of the people on the ladder. So either it’s an imperfect list, or we hope for dev-data. I could take a look at putting stuff into tables, but currently my Mondays are very full, so it wouldn’t be till the Tuesday that I’d get time to do anything with it.

You could PM me the snapshots, and I could put them in table format.

2 Likes

Welcome to the new world order of 2.0! Aka the first whole week.

Average trophy earnings have roughly tripled but some guilds are generating much more than that and it’s shaking up the rankings, particularly in the lower half where trophy counts are closer. It will be interesting to see if the above average guilds keep up their current pace or if it’s driven by the novelty of the personal rankings.

Thanks to @Ashasekayi and @yonizaf for collaborating on a new top 100 spreadsheet. Check it out for more awesome Gems of War statistics.

This week we had:

• A guild change their name from Darkfall to Carnivores
  • Multiple guilds jump more than one place upwards due to much higher 2.0 trophy earnings than the guilds around the same level - all had at least one player in the top 100
  • 54 of the top 100 players were from top 50 guilds. I expect the players in the top 100 to be fairly variable at least initially as it is clear most players would need to spend more time than usual playing GoW to get into the top 100 so it may be something that players choose to do one week and not others.
  • Unsurprisingly, better than average weekly earnings appear highly correlated with guild members in the top 100.
15 Likes

A little dip in trophy-takings for most guilds this week which I expect is due to leaderboard novelty wearing off.

Top 100 players (46 in top guilds down from last week) still correlate highly with guild trophy totals but not entirely. One guild pretty much kept up their numbers while dropping from 6 top 100 players down to 1.

bigboom had a big climb this week but the reason why is clear from the leaderboard - very unlike the guild who were banned this week, causing most guilds to rise at least one spot from last week.

12 Likes

What guild was banned this week? Is it a secret?

No, it was mentioned in a post already. It was Swen Giba.

1 Like

@captain_video

4 Likes

I do not see why someone would chease the trophy leaderboard.

1 Like

Believe me, I’ve seen worse things. Some people do everything to get to the top.

This week, the new world order continues to settle with the big climbers starting to bunch just below the top 20, and a trailing bunch of climbers around 35th.

It looks like the competition is pretty tough just outside the top 50 too, with two new guilds clambering their way into the top 50 this week, and tight scores from 45th to 50th (and presumably just below).

But next week looks like it’s going to be a massive week on the League Table: unless things change dramatically in the next 7 days, next week we will see a new No. 1 guild for the first time since I started recording this history: Anonymous will overtake Match Masters as the top guild, reducing a gap of over 70,000 trophies to just 5,000. :astonished:

Congratulations to Match Masters for being unchallenged at the top for over 6 months.

20 Likes

As far as I recall, MatchMasters was number one for the last 18 months…

I’ve only been a member less than a year, so that wasn’t my doing… but super kudos to @MrSammy and @Serale who led it there…

So yes, a change may be a-coming… all congrats to Anonymous for their hard work…

6 Likes

I concur with that sentiment. Kudos to Anonymous.

1 Like

As a member of Anonymous, I thank you for your kind if a bit early congratulations.:blush: As I think you can see from the leaderboard, most of our success has been due to our indefatigable leader, @dhjl. Now I guess we get to see how long we can stay there.

5 Likes

Congrats again anonymous on your totally legitimate and in no way suspicious rise to the top…

#sarcasm #hatersgonnahate :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re looking a little green, there, @gogo. Sure you feel all right?:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am wondering something about these trophies. Are these gains in trophies tied directly to people who are at the top of the pvp leader board? Are they playing for the top or are they after the trait stones of the week and if they are after the trait stones of the week and there happens to be a week where they do not need the trait stone will then compete on the leaderboard?

2 Likes

It’s all about the trophies, @killerman3333.

5 Likes

@Jainus and @Macawi: As a proud member of Anonymous for almost a year, thanks for the congrats and kudos. We all have been playing hard to archive this, but all to our own possibilities.

Thanks @dhjl for leading the guild the way you do.

3 Likes