This is why we need MODS in chat NSFW

Oh too late i’m reading it now. It’s so weird that it’s almost funny, but mostly weird. Like, what?!

You should have never told me. :sweat_smile::smile:

Certainly Mozart was a ribald youth that enjoyed his drink. He wasn’t prone to standing on a public street corner and saying “check out my ****!”

Mercy / Divine Grace ?

Mozart composed pieces where the songtext consists of praising buttholes and scat. Sorry.

Again, he didn’t stand on a street corner and sing those songs aloud. The fact that you can’t understand the difference says a lot.

This is what I was going to suggest. I’m on pc and I pretty much quit doing much of anything in general chat unless I pop in to see what a dev is saying when I notice they’re on. I usually just end up aggravated at the chat I see happening as demonstrated in the first screen shot on here. At the very LEAST why isn’t there an ignore option? It seems like that would be something easier to implement than a mod or some such. I don’t care about filters but I don’t want every other word I read to be someone’s attempt at bypassing a chat filter or seeing how many dirty words they can use together at once in the shortest amount of time possible.

1 Like

You have the option to turn off chat entirely, but that also kills guild chat (which I DO want to have access to). I’m not sure if you have to manually disable chat each time you log in, though.

Jainus’ suggestion above is exactly what I want: keep me logged into guild chat and nothing else, unless I decide to manually enter one of the other channels for some reason. If that’s how it runs on PC/Mobile, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have implemented it the same way on console.

It is. Across both mobile devices and my PC, I’m not in any Global channels at all since they’re just noise, but I am in guild chat. I don’t have to do anything on login; it remembers all my settings.

2 Likes

Crap got annoying again earlier.BIG TIME and I almost placed Myself in the middle of the idiots and trolls…But then I’d have added to the problem…So I simply switched to Guild Chat only…It’s usually NOT in Me to Not voice my opinions…But I think in that situation…I’d have just been part of said issue

Your kids probably LOL’ed at this. But I agree it’s NSFW. Gotta be uptight at work, unlike in the schoolyard.

1 Like

If she will be my Net Nanny, I promise to be good.

No, my kids would be upset by this.

I find this challenging to believe…

Er… tough… do you know my kids? well, no… I do, I happen to have lived with them all their lives. Don’t presume to judge.

3 Likes

Well i guess with someone who’s existentially uptight as a parent i suppose you’d instill that.
But in reality its children themselves who come up with such gasp moral indecencies’, just not when you’re around.

So we should allow them to believe that such behavior is normal, and even gasp desired?

Is there any need to keep discussing this? Sirrian himself stated that he agrees with moderation for the chat, they just don’t have the means right now. No matter how others disagree, it’s settled that this behavior is not desirable for the ingame chat on GoW.

It’s simply a business matter that it’s better to lose a few players that would maybe move to whatever game they could keep up with this kind of chat instead of losing the credibility among parents and other players that don’t want to deal with this behavior.

7 Likes

Its relative wether its normal, by lifetime experience id say it is. Wether its desirable is the only relevant matter and to that id say; Its not offensive unless you want your 5 year old to partake in online chat which id find highly questionable in and by itself. Honestly its really mild and lighthearted content going by the caps.

I am so sorry that your life is so pathetic and your social skills so maladjusted that you find this to be normal and acceptable behavior.

3 Likes

congrats youre actually offending, not that i have paper thin skin to feel bothered by it tbh lol.

1 Like