This is why we need MODS in chat NSFW

Ok guys I heard a lot of complaining about the chat filter…THIS childish crap is why we need it, These rather intelligent Personalities find it funny to be as crass as possible and down right childish in chat…they actual CHILDREN that play this game…and people that may just find this garbage offensive…I just find idiotic

Honestly I am for removal of chat completely if these antics aren’t somewhat controlled, I mean is it THAT hard to be an adult?

13 Likes

Not My capture…it was found in a group

That’s… appalling… my kids play this game…

8 Likes

Agreed across the board.

I think this has been highly requested. Either mods, or report button, or ignore at the very least. Mods are the only thing that would prevent kids from seeing it though.

I remember Nim months ago saying they were planning on putting chat mods in place. Don’t know where that plan is now though.

6 Likes

Absolutely and totally in favor of mods who can stop this crap whenever it appears.

5 Likes

Here’s a shot of a few mins in global earlier. It’s been pretty bad tonight in all fairness. Relevant since it looks like it’s the same bad apples. lol

Completely agree with above posters. This is a family game where some of us have kids running around and seeing this as they do. Or as @Jainus said, some even play the game. It is very hard for the devs to control this since they can’t be on 24/7 so having Moderators is the best way to cut down on the childishness of global chat at times. There is a place for every type of chat topic - in game chat is the wrong place.

3 Likes

That’s… also horrendous…

@sirrian @nimhain are you guys seeing any of this?

…well not every topic…

Completely agree with the need for chat mods… unfortunately we don’t have the toolset for external mods to work within chat right now, so it will have to wait until we get some bandwidth to organize it.

9 Likes

I want to be in the band! Oh, wait, that’s not right . . .

5 Likes

actually found these screenshots pretty funny,but i am of the rare breed that finds nothing offensive,i’d be more for a stricter chat censor but one that can be turned on/off in settings than mods tbh.

3 Likes

Damn… Looks like little Jimmy has been goofing off again. He hasn’t been the same since his goldfish died. I’ll set him straight.

Frankly I think society coddles kids far too much these days. No everybody is NOT a winner, no as a participant you do not deserve a ribbon/trophy equal in size to whoever came in first…

Kids are not twigs that are easily broken but society seems to think the smallest thing can turn them into delinquents destined for jail or any other number of awful consequence.

I wouldn’t give a damn if my kid saw this stuff in chat, I would just explain that those people are makes asses of themselves and move on.

10 Likes

Finally some sanity.

1 Like

As a father you must protect your kids. A good advice would be to tell them to never go to global chat 1 :slight_smile: The safest for your kids would have been to never enter any chat rooms at all, one never know. :wink:

Well, I do try to.

On PC/iOS version it’s okay as the game remembers my settings: i.e. not connected to any global chat channels, only to guild channel… and guild channel is pretty safe, though @esslee’s jokes are also appalling…

Issue is more on the PS4 version as (1) that’s the one my kids more actively play (though not unsupervised) and (2) the damned thing doesn’t remember settings as far as I can tell: i.e. it defaults to connecting us to global chat 001 every time it launches, which I then have to disconnect with the not-user-friendly UI… we are in a half-decent guild but don’t bother with the chat there either, as most of our chat seems to be in German…

True, and my preference - but when the chat room text flashes up on your screen whether you entered the room or not…?

1 Like

It’s not a chat censor, we need but a tw*t sensor… (and my kids are at school and not reading over my shoulder right now!)

3 Likes

Well, unfortunately we can only do our best, bad RNGs happens everywere in every life forms.

There can only be one thing for it…

4 Likes

Ignoring everything else, from a purely technical perspective would it be possible to simply port-block the chat in your router settings? I don’t know if the chat communicates over a different port than the rest of the game, experience tells me it probably does??

I’ve got Wireshark installed, but honestly analyzing network packets is not my forté.