This Battle may have already Finished Message

The worst part of this is I lost my winning streak of 77. Yes I know 77 is not much but it was something else to shoot for. To improve my undefeated record of 130. Now, I lost motivation to go for a win streak when this "Battle is already over " nonsense can happen any time.

Pyro

@Nimhain I was wondering if these messages seem to be related to the Server Migration? Last I knew the plan was to finish the last set of the migration with the “Guild” update, which now seems to be mid-October. Is that still the expect time frame, or did the final switch over occur and I missed noting it?

I got another one this morning under new conditions:

1. Ranked PvP
  2. PC/Steam
  3. Got a CTD in the middle of the match, no known reason.
  4. First time this happened.

When I re-ran the client and logged in, I immediately saw the “this match appears to have ended” error box, which I thought was actually legitimate under the circumstances. Alas, it was still counted as a loss.

I realized one thing. Every time I see this message there is new update of my defense results.
It almost seems to me that message is caused by fact that I was attacked while invading.
Anyone have the same experience?

We haven’t started the second part of server migration yet. We want part 2 of server migration to will be as smooth a transition as possible. We are currently doing testing internally on it. We will make an official announcement when second part of server migration occurs.

1. Ranked pvp
  2. IPAD
  3. Trying to get to rewards after winning a battle.
  4. Once a day out of about 50 played games

Can we get stuff for the migration event?

Another glorious victory was turned into a loss when the dreaded error box appeared right on top of the Victory screen. PC/Steam.

1. Challenges > Dragon’s Claw > Royal Flush

2. PC/Steam

3. Completed the first battle, then received “This Battle may have already finished…” Then no credit for the battle.

4. This is the first time I’ve seen this error…Annoying.

Iv had this 3 times in past hour,
I was playing PVP on my ipad unsure of what i was doing before. I see it every so often but when i do it becomes more frequent.

Had it happen last night twice and now today.

All three times not doing PVP but exploring Kingdoms.

You know the error message so I don’t think including another picture is going to help. But boy this is weird.
I hadn’t seen this in months, then to have it happen three times in the last 24 hours + the Weekly PVP has ended message as well = something’s triggering the wrong messages with the servers.

Also this is even weirder - The next game (again Kingdom explore) is the same set of troops (I noticed this last night and shrugged it off - teach me to be a normal consumer instead of my QA engineering hat). I don’t know if that helps. And yes it is the identical team since I hadn’t seen one of the troops before fully traited I walked through them all.

Happened Today:

Explore

Steam

Collected Hourly

Resumed Explore

This error just happened to me now. I was in PVP ranked battle and literally just won it - victory screen appeared when the error appeared. I am playing through Steam. I was in other PVP ranked battles leading up to this error. Thanks.

1. Ranked PVP.
  2. XB1
  3. Had just won the match. Messaged appeared in place of Victory screen.
  4. Twice today. Had never seen it on the Xbox until then.

I’ve found a way to force this error while i was testing out my defence team. The steps I took:

Have a defence team set
Edit that team through the troops menu (not PvP menu) e.g. by swapping one troop for another
Immediately exit and click your profile pic, then choose the fight button
Note that your defence team is your old one
Proceed to battle then win, lose or retreat.
Voilà!

So my guess is that the cause of some of these error messages in PvP is someone editing their defence team during your battle - when the battle ends it effectively reports that you beat a team that doesn’t exist so the server throws it back at you.

3 Likes
  1. ranked pvp
  2. the bug occured on steam (but i do log from adroid too nearly every day)
  3. sadly i dont remmember, typically i just mostly do ranked pvp, collect tributes and check guild pages + donate when on steam
  4. for last 1-2 months i think i only saw it once

(also i was not logged on 2 devices in same time) bug occured after a very long time of being logged at steam alone, and i had collected some tributes and did several pvp fights by that time

Get about 1-2 of these every week, was a lot worse before, so thank God.

I got this 3 times last night while playing on an ipad.

I’ve had this message four times today so far. The game seems to be very laggy in general over the last hour.

Ranked PvP
Huawey phone (Android)
 Ranked PvP
Once, last week

It has happened 3 or 4 times, last month