The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread Part 1 (Closed)

I know what he said, but they weren’t planning on having their update rejected and a further delay of one or two weeks. Or more. This week would have been the 2nd of the 1 or 2 more single troop bundles before we were supposed to update.

In the meantime, we’re now 3 kingdoms and even more troops behind. I’m just feeling a bit frustrated is all. And to have the update delayed due to what seems like a pretty frivolous privacy concern related to a feature that I don’t want or need just makes it more frustrating. I will stop venting now.

Yeah but it was not clear if they were waiting for the update to start the catch up or if it was 2 separate things

The update is required for troop changes. Mr. Strange had previously confirmed that the troops have to be added in an update before they can be released over time. Some values on the troop can be configured server side but the initial blueprint and unique functionality needs to be done with an update.

Certain troops that exist in the show all list but are not available were confirmed as needing an update to make available.

My impression is that console players continue to over-estimate how “far behind” they are. There’s no reason to panic at all. All is good.

As well, I’m not sure why there’s such a need to “catch up.” Isn’t it enough to get new features at a regular clip? This isn’t a race – you won’t be playing against us anytime in the foreseeable future – and based on how rough things can be at the bleeding edge, I wonder why it’s so desirable. Let’s assume for a moment that the developers can not manage to have the console release simultaneously with PC. So what if you’re perpetually a month behind? You’re still getting features as fast as we are, at that point.

Is it about being able to be surprised by announcements and new features?

1 Like

I don’t panic i just wanted to know if we can hope to start catch up before update cause i need something to do lol

@Lyya well nothing new for us long time ago, i don’t know what to do to keep having fun, yeah i can grind ressource but without any troop or kingdom to level up i feel like i am losing interest in the game

Only reason i keep playing right now is because i don’t want to be a dead weight for my guild

It’s not really so much about catching up as it is, the game not being stale. Bunninog just released on console, do you remember how long ago that troop was released on pc? That’s just one example, i’m sure there are more far older. Also the pvp is stale on console, along with the economy, being behind on kingdoms, traitstones, literally almost every part. When I started playing on pc, coming from console, I thought I was literally playing a different game. It’s easy to say why rush, when you have a much better experience already. I get that the pc version is MUCH older, thus having more time on experience. If you played on console, you really would feel like it’s been neglected. Especially when you see updates/troop updates every week for pc. Just sayin’ Lyya, don’t hurt me.

P.S console players-As far as in-game activities go, pvp/explore will be updated in a week or two. Then console will be roughly a month behind as far as that goes, but troop wise much longer.

3 Likes

I think that’s fair, and I can see why lack of perceived movement would be frustrating. If I were on Console I’d expect to not fall behind further, and ideally go slightly faster to narrow the gap some.

1 Like

For me, I’d rather that we not catch up, but that we add features and content at a reasonable rate. However, knowing that there is a plan to catch up means that we will have new content added at an accelerated rate for some unknown period. For a ‘serious casual’ player such as myself, that means that I am going to have a lot of new content to process (new questlines, challenges, troops, game mechanics, etc.) in a relatively short period of time, with a limited ability to take it all in, while also having pressure to maintain guild requirements. I think it is going to be overwhelming, but at this point, I just want to get it over with.

2 Likes

Now really thinking about it, if you’ve been a console player the last few months, all there was to really do was hoard materials. Just grinding weekly for nothing other than collection. Nothing to spend all those materials on like there is weekly on pc. That is also an exciting part of these updates. Moving past a stale game.

I agree with you, i was excited about new content but look like the waiting game is back

4 Likes

Also getting troop wont hurt us, we can’t even take advantage of team bonuses cause we don’t have enough troops, the dual troop will also help for different team composition

2 Likes

With Infinity doing all versions, it would be really nice (for them!) if they could push out new content just 1 time, instead of doing it twice. I think that’s the primary motivation.

1 Like

@HKdirewolf great work explaining the issue.

I dont need to get content the same day as PC does but we are so far behind it gets frustrating. Seeing and hearing about new troops and content and then waiting up to 5 months to use it makes it stale before it is even released.

That is a long time to wait on a video game. I am sure it is harming retention.

2 Likes

The main thing for me isn’t even being behind PC, that’s understandable. What ignites the small fire of frustration is getting one new troop each week and then seeing PC just got three new troops or a new kingdom.
Being behind makes sense, what doesn’t is the idea of a catch-up where the one that’s ahead getting a considerably higher amount of things further increasing the distance between the two.

3 Likes

i don’t think it will ever happen with microsoft and sony who always slowing the progress

They can’t substantially slow the progress - at most they can delay the roll-out of completed work by a week or two.

2 Likes