The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread Part 1 (Closed)

Good question!

@Mr.Strange, I summon thee!

Not in chests yet. But soon. ™

1 Like

It’s;

Soon :tm:

(Use colons, not parenthesis ;))

1 Like

@TaliaParks

I don’t know if you’re up for it, but adding what the arcane traitstone is after the listing for every upcoming event troop would be nice to help plan out what might be coming up.

Isnt it there already?

It’s in this thread:

but as of now we need to cross-reference the threads to see what’s both likely to come up and compare what their arcane stones are.

And if you are referring to the colors being listed, I would say a very small minority of people have actually memorized what colors translate to which arcane stone.

Oh, you meant a list of all upcoming event characters that come with specific arcanes?

Theres no need to memorise them though; theyre listed as colours already?

As I’m all about assistance in this situation, I can do this for you all.

1 Like

#Update:

Added the Arcane Traitstone to each Event Troop that would be available with it in Glory Packs

1 Like

Awesome! Nice work.

You know them by name but not by colour?

Yes. Is that strange? To be honest I wasn’t even aware that troops’ colors was a 1:1 translation to the colors of their arcane stones required, but I guess that makes sense.

It is strange actually

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing so many unreleased troops in the troop list before. When I “view all”, I can see Marilith, Naga Queen, Nobend Brothers and Sacrificial Priest in addition to the few legendaries I’m still working on. I don’t use that view very often, but when I do, I don’t recall ever seeing even the coming week’s event troop. What’s up with this?

Console code works differently, I can’t explain why some Troops are visible and some aren’t. I know they can “push” data through sometimes.

@Mr.Strange, I summon thee!

He’ll explain it better

When they were first released like this I thought one of a couple things. Either it was a way of showing they were coming soon, or that they would all be released together as non-event troops (or all event troops) as a way of catching up to PC. So far neither has proven true so I’d be interested as well why these four in particular are showing up yet are not actually available in chests yet.

User (Developer) error in the troop database. They probably just have a mis-set flag.

1 Like

That would make sense. The only other time I remember this happening was when Spider Swarm was showing up for a while when it was a summon-only troop. These four troops wouldn’t make sense as part of an event, since only two are from the same kingdom.

What you can see in the troop list is different from what is currently available in chests, and both are different from which troops are actually encoded so that you can (eventually) use them. 3 distinct lists of troops.

To keep our data in sync, we periodically grab everything that Infinity has. Then we lock out everything that needs to be locked out.

Before our last patch, we grabbed a few new troops unintentionally. So they are visible in the list, but aren’t ever going to be unlocked. (That is, they won’t be unlocked before the next patch, which could be happening soonish…)

It’s just a minor visual oddity. Those troops will be coming out eventually, so it’s not worth the bother of adjusting server data just to hide them again.

4 Likes

Thanks - that was a very clear explanation.

1 Like