The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread Part 1 (Closed)

Really not sure yet - that’s going to be an overwhelming number of troops released. There is just no way I will be able to keep up with new troops. As I think about it, I’ll just need to make a mental adjustment to not having everything for a while. It will be like when I started and there were tons of new troops to pull as I picked up keys.

Having a bunch of new troops will definitely speed up my kingdom power-levelling, and for that, I will be thankful.

1 Like

if they make glory bundle 3 troop for 1000 glory it would be quick to catch up

1 Like

If they just release all the commons, rares and ultra-rares into chests rather than selling them for glory, that will take care of half of them, and they can do it all at once. They can do the same with a lot of the legendaries and mythics (but maybe spread them out over time). It’s the same idea as when they release a new kingdom - a few troops just appear in the troop list and we have to pull them by opening chests. We don’t need to buy every troop with glory.

Also, I wouldn’t be able to afford many 1000 glory bundles, certainly not one or two every week for 2 months.

Doing that robs us of all the Traitstones though. PC got the opportunity to get those Traitstones, I’ll be irate if we get passed over.

I hindsight I supposed there really could have only been one window of time to release the “catch up”. Fall. Based on some secret developer/publisher industry pact to release every decent game (even ones with multi year development cycles) all at the same time. :grinning:

1 Like

I hear what you’re saying, but the glory cost of acquiring all those troop packs is going to be overwhelming to anyone but the most hardcore players. I see myself as a mid-range player as I probably play 10-12 hours a week, and can meet the requirements of a 100/100 guild, but not a 300/300 guild. I don’t track my stats as closely as you, but I’d guess I probably pick up somewhere between 1000 and 1500 glory a week. If there was one glory pack for 1000 to get all the new troops, I could swing that, but I wouldn’t be able to buy multiple packs the way I can now when a good troop/traitstone offer comes up. I need some quiet weeks here and there to replenish my glory for a week where there is something (usually Arcanes) that I really want a lot of. More casual players, like the ones that struggle to get even a single 400/500 glory pack each week will have an even harder time.

However, if they were to adjust the economy temporarily, such as by significantly discounting those packs or boosting the glory given during the synchronization period, then the equation changes. Just introducing troops faster pushes the more casual players farther and farther behind.

maybe they can let in the store the glory troop 2 or 3 weeks so everyone got the chance to buy them

they already gave us for free the love imp, they will probably give us more also with a bunch of stones

I hear you @Stan, that’s why I think there will be some combination of gifting us Troops and/or resources, releasing multiple Troops, discounted bundles and/or allowing other currencies to purchase bundles.

They also imply that this catch-up will be as spaced out as possible.

I imagine the other Imps are going to be gifted as well.

Here’s my solution to catch up:

Every weekly featured troop glory pack, that would normally contain one epic, now contains an epic, ultra rare, rare, and common troop in addition to all of their other stuff. This would introduce 4 new troops every week instead of just 1. Keep the cost the same. All of the traitstones in the pack would be associated with the troops in the pack, if possible. At the rate PC is releasing troops, though, this would only move us 1-2 troops closer per week. I’d actually be on board with putting all commons, rares, and ultra rares immediately available in chests. We don’t need some special event to make the traitstones available for these particular troops, you can farm those in explore mode which will be released shortly.

I disagree about the Traitstones. Those are incredibly valuable.

EDIT: Most of the time I buy the bundles for the Traitstones, not the Troop copies.

Of course they are valuable. That doesn’t mean we need to be able to immediately have the ability to fully trait every single troop that comes out the moment they come out via a glory purchase. We don’t have that ability when a new kingdom is released, why do we need that for these troops being released?

BUT, even if the devs wanted to do that, it would be easy to make various traitstone packs for glory the same week the new troops are released.

1 Like

Sorry bro what these number mean? 0 epic 3 rare???

1 Like

The rarity of the upcoming Troops, important because;

Epics get 2 Arcane Traitstones per bundle
Ultra Rares get 1 Arcane Traitstone per bundle

Alright thanks

1 Like

Im really going to need to buy glory

Can glory be bought?

I have 2981 glory saved up right now (I already regret buying this week’s event troop a couple of times. Maybe if I don’t buy any other event troop bundles before that update I might be able to get 1000-1500 more by then…

Is it a good idea to ignore the following weeks event troops in favor of what’s to come after that patch?

Sorry its the one thing in the game that cannot be bought.

Unless you count the glory you can get from gold chests. But that rate of return is very low.