The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

Are you sure you want to release the Kraken in its bugged state, man?! That thing is going to be an absolute monstrosity and will make invades even easier than they currently are. Chuck Norris MIGHT need to get out of bed to train for an hour to beat that.

Either way, I appreciate the update, just not sure about that roided up Kraken being let loose.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a discussion we’ve had as well, which is why there haven’t been many updates on it, as we just hadn’t decided what we were going to do. New kingdom and new content won out. Hopefully it may only be a short amount of time before it’s fixed. And we have to release it with the kingdom unfortunately, as it’s the troop for the Blackhawk kingdom bundle.

2 Likes

Ah ok. Either way, I’ll be having some fun with Super Kraken until it’s fixed :smirk:

2 Likes

Lol, gonna be a lot of upset people once they lose the buffed kracken. Great troop regardless.

Not if they allow refunds - which they haven’t done for the last two updates. @Alpheon Any word on if there’s ever going to be refunds offered on some of the old stuff? For instance, we’ve never been able to refund any troops since before at least the update fixing the third trait of The Great Maw was released

No i def dont want another devour op troop that will insta fotm and break the game even more than it already is. We need LESS of such troops not more. I do have a q btw which is why i went into this thread before i read your post. When will we be getting tuskguy the elephant? I badly want him for a team i was theorycrafting so far and hes not of an unreleased kingdom so id expect him to pop sometime soon? Someone knows?

Everyone who(myself included)wants a more balanced game knows this, but there’s nothing we can do about it apart from voice our concern every once in a while and let them know we want actual balanced troops instead of troops that are ridiculously strong compared to their counterparts.

As for your question about said troop, I’ve got no idea.

1 Like

They haven’t given us a schedule for unreleased troops. My best guess is that we’d get him available for glory sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. Could be as early as Monday (but I doubt it). Only the devs know (and maybe not even them).

1 Like

I love getting some info, but “sometime in the next few weeks,” really leaves me feeling unsatisfied.

1 Like

Sorry - I’m not a dev. I’m just making my best guess based on the few scattered hints and what I think makes sense. Or were you replying to Alpheon’s post about when Blackhawk would be released?

1 Like

I don’t care, i will just presume it’s your fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t directed at you, Stan. It just sounds so sketchy, we were supposed to sync up by the new year, now it’s at a crawl. So frustrating! I wouldn’t have spent $ on a console account had I known this was possible. If I could convert my account to PC/mobile I would, but I assume I am stuck.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get it. I’m frustrated too, but I really do feel like the end is in sight now. I think we can be caught up, for real, in two months. That’s still 2 months later than they originally planned, but they’re making progress.

And there’s no way to transfer accounts from one platform to another, even if we were totally caught up.

The fact is we will never be 100% sync unless they hold update on pc and submit to console and then, when sony and microsoft both accept the first submission (something i really doubt) and then launch update on every device

But im not sure the pc/mobile guys will agree to slow down the update progress because of console

1 Like

I do think that’s what they are aiming for. If they don’t go all the way, then there was no point in doing this whole thing anyway. I’m sure what they want is to have one game, with one event that is the same for everyone every week.

It will definitely mean that the pace of new content will slow, but I think that’s part of why they switched to one troop per week on PC/Mobile - to give them a longer window between updates.

2 Likes

I should probably wait at least until Sunday’s event announcement to see what a second ‘post holiday catch up week’ looks like, but your comment reminded me of a bit of a blow-up a few months ago when Mr. Strange tried to reassure us that even if it felt like we weren’t catching up, we were. The funny thing is, things are unfolding exactly as he suggested they would 4 months ago:

By his analogy, PC/Mobile has now ‘stepped off the moving walkway’ by dropping to one troop per week, while we will be racing along at 3-4 troops per week. I was rolling my eyes as much as anyone at the time, and I know the endpoint has been pushed back later than was originally planned, but to me, it really does look like things are coming together.

Now that we seem to be past the Sony/Microsoft delays, I like the pace that we seem to be moving (1 mythic per 2-3 weeks, 1 kingdom per month, 3ish troops per week).

3 Likes

Aw. I feel the love so strongly!

Unrelated, but fun facts - here in Eugene we had a couple of really severe ice storms / snowfalls that have intermittently shut the city down for nearly 3 weeks. Plus I got 2 bad stomach bugs concurrently that I’m only now (knock on wood) recovering from.

Which is to say, that had I been responsible for anything getting done on GoW for most of December, you’d have very little to show for it. My fault for living in winter and continuing to have contact with other humans, I suppose. :wink:

3 Likes

Exactly!!! Shame on you @Mr.Strange :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heh, small world. I also live in Eugene. Just got over being sick myself! Thats what I get for leaving the house instead of grinding Gems

1 Like

You should look me up, and we’ll show you around Pipeworks!

3 Likes