The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

Taking event keys out of the glory packs was a massive ball drop. I’m surprised there wasn’t much of a stink kicked up tbh.

3 Likes

They had to use event keys as well. It was not given as a glory troop purchase.

1 Like

PC had to use event keys as well. All we got for glory was Bandit.

Didn’t see @Ghaleon already answered

1 Like

This thread is now top-5 all time in posts and top-10 in views. It’s come a long way from us wondering 8 months ago whether it was worth bothering to do at all…

6 Likes

I thought I got her on my mobile account with glory rewards. Oh well, i was pretty lucky then since I didn’t have that much of resources at that time because i was just getting started with the game on Mobile version. However, my luck on console with event troops are extremely low. I tried to get Tesla last time it was up. I spent all of my event keys and gems to no avail, but today I have only throw 10 event keys and surprisingly I got her, REALLY!

2 Likes

Speculating this is next:

1 Like

Now that we’re caught up on all the 2-troop events, I don’t see why they wouldn’t catch up on some of the older ones. I’m still hoping for Necrezza as a bonus troop, maybe with Bone Naga as the event troop? After Discobot lied to me last week, I trust no one.

I’m banking on them following the pc release with maybe an extra one from elsewhere. But since the goal is for the events to be the same, I can see them staying as close to each other as possible. Just look at the last few weeks. They’ve followed in order.

My explanation for that is they were releasing all the multi-troop events first (Suncrest, Adana, Whitehelm, Pridelands). I think they’ll catch up on some older ones now, but we’ll see in a few days. They’ve been hard to predict (for me at least) for a few months now.

But at the same time they skipped the A Knight to Remember on console and just included Gwayne with another troop bringing things closer. I feel that is how they are apt to do things where any we miss will get dropped on another week and that gap will get closer still.

Technically they could put us on the same schedule now as far as what’s released and just add a missing troop to the current event. But don’t think that will happen quite yet.

Perhaps the PC crowd will influence Nimhain to skip the least popular events over the past few weeks? That would be nice.

I think Nimhain said as much somewhere. IIRC, she said we’d probably stay ‘a few weeks’ behind. I’m hoping they’ll close the gap a little bit with a couple bonus troops, but we’re so close now, it’s hard to know whether her definition of “a few” means 3, or something less or more. Summer Imp as a bonus troop would surely be appreciated by those that haven’t managed to pick her up from chests, as well.

2 Likes

I only marginally pay attention to those discussions - do you have a sense of which those would be? The last one I remember real complaints about (justifiably so) was hunting nagas. Some people seem to be having a hard time finding giants this week, as well. The treasure hunt events seem to be polarizing, but I don’t get a sense of where their relative popularity stacks up.

New patch submitted to ms sony…

Catchup soon?

1 Like

Don’t know, it’s weird if we get it before pc

Edit: no catch up , only QOL changes

1 Like

maybe the achievement fix?

1 Like

I’m certain if they figured it out its in the update. I would also expect to see everything on the ‘know issues’ as of two? weeks ago in there as well. Also the 1st Famine Nerf to 22 mana. Plus the “surprises”.

1 Like

For anyone wondering what was actually said, see here:

Also:

They’ll be able to update the troops in our version again to push the horizon back a few more weeks or months. That might give them the room they need to get us caught up and still have a safety margin for update delays. Not saying it WILL happen, just that it maybe could…

I think he only said “surprise” cause i asked him when they submitted it cause they didin’t noticed us

2 Likes

I thought it was just a “happy birthday!” surprise. He didn’t want to spoil it for you before the big day.

Happy cakeday, by the way! :cake:

1 Like